+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Money!!!!

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hi,
I am in Toronto and the college with require lots of money that was not considered in my mind, and I won't be able to afford that much of money they're requiring... what assistance can I get? how can I get financial help?

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can see if the school you are attending will give you a scholarship. Apart from that - there's really no other financial assistance available (other than loans). Any other financial assistance available is reserved for Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

You could take out a loan (if you haven't already). However it's extremely unlikely that a bank in Canada will loan you any money. You will have to see if you can get a loan in your home country.

It looks like you're attending George Brown College. If that's correct, then you will qualify for an off campus work permit once you finish six months of full time studies.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Yes, I am in George Brown College, they require lots of money that I cannot afford...

expenses like ESL courses, they placed me in Level7, and I have to pay for 7 and 8, one level is for 2818$, that's toooo much!

what options do I have, please share your experiences?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I'm sorry to hear about your financial situation. It can be tough to deal with unexpected expenses, especially when it comes to education.

There are a few options you can explore to get financial assistance for your college expenses. First, you can check with the college itself to see if they offer any financial aid or scholarship programs. Many colleges have these programs in place to help students who are struggling to pay for their education.

You can also look into government financial aid programs, such as student loans or grants. These programs are designed to help students cover the costs of their education, and they can be a great resource if you qualify.

Additionally, there are a number of private organizations and charities that offer financial assistance to students. You can research these options online, or reach out to a local nonprofit organization for more information.

Whatever path you choose, it's important to remember that you're not alone. Many students face financial challenges when it comes to paying for college, and there are resources available to help you through this difficult time.

Best of luck with your college journey.
Your comment is 11 years too late but nice try

• Haha
Reactions: YVR123 and Taran D