+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes on filling my absences from Canada, Please Help!

bl2021

Jul 3, 2021
AOR Received.
15-06-2021
Hi Everyone,

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada since 2018. I've submitted my PR Card Renewal in the beginning of April 2023 (submitted online), and today I just noticed that I might have filled wrong dates for time spent outside Canada, I left Canada on March 13th, 2021 but I got it mixed up with some other important dates so I put March 20th, 2021 instead as the day I left Canada on my application, so that adds up an extra 7 days of "Time Spent Outside Canada", which totals up to around 780 days of time spent outside Canada in total (still meets the residency obligation requirements).
At the same time, my "Address History (Inside and Outside Canada)" would also have the same mistakes, my address history in Canada would only go up till March 13th, 2021 rather than March 20th, 2021.

Right now I figured I have 3 choices:

1. Submit a new PR Card Renewal application online with the corrected information.
I don't know what will happen to the duplicate application, will that affect the process?

2. Send a IRCC Webform under the category of "Permanent Resident Card" or "Permanent Residence (applied online)" category and explain this situation to them, and ask them to update this change to my application.
However I need help on which category of IRCC Webform I must send it to.

3. Just leave it as it is and forget about it, since my residency obligation is still met even with the correction anyways.
However I am worried if in the future I need to contact with IRCC, and I give out the correct information next time, they would realize that there was a discrepancy with information I've updated and lead to other consequences (I did not mean to give out wrong information for sure).

Thank you very much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
2. Send a IRCC Webform under the category of "Permanent Resident Card" or "Permanent Residence (applied online)" category and explain this situation to them, and ask them to update this change to my application.
However I need help on which category of IRCC Webform I must send it to.
Webform, short explanation, corrected forms attach if you can. You'll have to choose the most appropriate category yourself.

Reactions: YVR123

bl2021

Jul 3, 2021
AOR Received.
15-06-2021
Webform, short explanation, corrected forms attach if you can. You'll have to choose the most appropriate category yourself.
I've submitted my original application online, so what form should I attach to it? Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I've submitted my original application online, so what form should I attach to it? Thanks
Ah yes, sorry, don't know how one would go about that now. If there is still a cmparable 'offline' form you can complete with the relevant table, fix that and include a copy, perhaps. Or simply provide a corrected table in the same basic format.

Main thing is that it is better for you to provide the information before they discover the error.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I had a mistake on one of my forms and I just submitted a webform with an explanation and asked if the issue could be resolved. I ended up getting a response saying the issue was resolved.

bl2021

Jul 3, 2021
AOR Received.
15-06-2021
Ah yes, sorry, don't know how one would go about that now. If there is still a cmparable 'offline' form you can complete with the relevant table, fix that and include a copy, perhaps. Or simply provide a corrected table in the same basic format.

Main thing is that it is better for you to provide the information before they discover the error.
Thanks, what if I just provide explanation in words rather than uploading a table?
Also, is the upload option in the second page of the webform?
Thanks

bl2021

Jul 3, 2021
AOR Received.
15-06-2021
I had a mistake on one of my forms and I just submitted a webform with an explanation and asked if the issue could be resolved. I ended up getting a response saying the issue was resolved.
Thanks, was your mistake regarding similar issues? did you provide a table or just explanation in words?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Thanks, was your mistake regarding similar issues? did you provide a table or just explanation in words?
I had made spelling mistake on my lastname. I just asked them to correct it. I didn’t provide anything more than a simple explanation

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Thanks, what if I just provide explanation in words rather than uploading a table?
Also, is the upload option in the second page of the webform?
Thanks
It is not a big deal. Just explain it in words is good enough. I think you don't need to attach a revised form.