+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Saw an October applicant processed in Mississauga get his PPR -- his application was the beginning of October tho. Hope to be hearing something soon. Honestly not really expecting to hear from them until March, but still hopeful for something sooner!
GEESH...that would be nice!!! U.S Citizen, sponsored by Canadian Husband, Mississauga VO, Application March 2017.....STILL WAITING!! Straight forward case, have everything they asked for and needed x 2 or 3 in some cases.....5/6 months to process for PR would have been a complete dream. 12 months here and counting

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
HI! I'm not completely sure I understand, or if I can give the correct answer. Are you saying that you got approval to sponsor and your medical was requested? As far as I know, Canada will request their own medical from your husband (applicant). I don't think Jamaica will request a medical if you are applying to sponsor him here in Canada....Canada requests the medical...in that case, you will have to go to a GP in Canada, in your area to have the medical done, pay for it and either you or your GP will send it in. In my case, My husband is my sponsor, and when CIC requested my medical, I went to a place (on the list of GP's) in my area and had my medical done, paid for it, and my GP sent it in via e-mail. I received a copy of my receipt. That was it. I am from the United States, and the United States did not request a medical for me...make sense? FBI or Background check however, Canada will require you to get an FBI police check from Jamaica (and any country you lived in for a period of time I can't remember) and that takes some time to get back so even if they haven't requested it yet, I would send out for it....mine took a LONG time to get back and then they couldn't read my prints so I got a letter months later saying that and had to get them re-done....just a thought. I think they only give you 90 days from the request to get FBI in to them.
Hi no I'm in canada sponsoring my husband from Jamaica, I thought Jamaica requested it to goto a panel doctor in Jamaica was all, so cpc mississauga requested it through email so he and my step daughter will go next week hopefully will call for appointment for them to have it done in montegobay if possible. Instead of going to Kingston. Just was confused I thought once our application gets transfered it would be Jamaica our embassy there telling him to get one done. Our application is still in Mississauga,

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hi no I'm in canada sponsoring my husband from Jamaica, I thought Jamaica requested it to goto a panel doctor in Jamaica was all, so cpc mississauga requested it through email so he and my step daughter will go next week hopefully will call for appointment for them to have it done in montegobay if possible. Instead of going to Kingston. Just was confused I thought once our application gets transfered it would be Jamaica our embassy there telling him to get one done. Our application is still in Mississauga,
He can't go anywhere in Canada he nor my step daughter are in Canada their in Jamaica I did outland sponsorship.

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hi also our police check was submitted with application and met anniversary date , so he's good to go. Says no interview needed and no fingerprints needed.

HZB

Aug 22, 2017
My GC key is showing
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
previously it was "not applicable"
i am little bit confused here !

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
March 22, 2017 Applicant US Citizen, Mississauga Visa Office.....still nothing. Apparently, another 14 month wait according to CIC officer today that told me anyone applied before December 2017 fell under 26 months not 12.....!!!!!?????
We applied June 2017 and got ours all completed January 2018? I can't see that you will wait another 12 mths

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
For those who are living outside Canada and who received a request for additional proof that the sponsor intends to return to Canada:
How long did it take for them to review the additional docs and proceed to Passport Request? I know that every case is different, but I'm just trying to get an idea.
On Jan. 24, my husband (the PA) received the request for additional proof that I (sponsor) plan to return to Canada once he gets PR; we submitted documents on Feb 10 via the webform; confirmation of received documents on Feb 16th. Full timeline is in my signature below. Thank you for any insight!
It took us less than 2 weeks for them receiving my additional info to point of receiving email to send photos to London visa office

Reactions: karagreer

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
I have been in Canada on a (have to renew every 6 months) Visitor Record, for 2.5 years. I had to apply outbound application/living in Canada. I do not qualify for an open work permit unless my VR is good for 6 months or more. This was just revealed to me when I asked several times, and a few wasted trips (suggested by CIC officer) to several points of entry. Was told I did, was told I didn't, was told I did, was told I didn't, then was told not enough time on my VR.....they have made my life such a joy! Currently I still wait...12 months. Doesn't look like my file is worth looking at or completing. This process ruins lives and marriages.
On January 30, 2018...CIC requested that I sent a medical and an FBI check on my 19 year old son, living in the U.S, that is non-accompanying. When I sent in my application, my Immigration Attorney said to send explanation along with my cover letter, that my son (since he's under 22 years old, is required to be on application) was NOT ACCOMPANYING me to Canada. He did not consent to a medical or FBI check, I also had his father (whom he lives with), write a letter and sign that they do not consent. (son sent signed letter too). I Sent my letter and their 2 letters in to CIC by courier (was told I had to courier not send online, was $40 CAN, that was unnecessary) they have received but I am now assuming that since they gave me 90 days for the FBI...they won't be looking at my file again for another 3 months!!?? They haven't changed anything on ECAS, I never received an e-mail, or mail correspondence in regards to receiving and accepting the signed letters explaining that we all know that it means I can NOT sponsor my son in the future. So......my 12 months is up in a few days, and assume that that means now my application will take much longer!? I really don't know what to do anymore. This wait time is ridiculous! The lack of information and ability to contact anyone. This is the single worst experience in my entire life. Absolutely unbelievable!
im sorry for your experience. i guess i misunderstood the info on the website. i thought it was for all spousal applicants. thats too bad.
perspective is everything. this is a voluntary process that we all enter into with the knowledge that it will be long and possibly unsuccessful yet youre wait has been exceptional as per their own website stat of 12 months for spousal applicants. your silverlining is that at least you are with your partner in Canada during this process. there are many who arent. i hope your application is sorted soon or you get some answers...i thought there were numbers to call from within Canada? im sure ive seen people talk about them on here.
i wish youthe best. keep your head up :)

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
hi guys
i have a question, we recently sent our outland application (mississauga) haven't received AOR yet, could we create accounts now? or should we wait for them to tell us?
if it's possible and we create accounts do we still get email for AOR?
you can create an account but you cant link anything to it until they email you with your application number.
just wait...theres no point in creating an account beforehand anyway.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Hi, I have a question, husband is being sponsored outland, but I got my sponsor approval, then medical request but my question is why is CPC requesting the medical? And not his home land of Jamaica? What does this mean? Is there anything to be concerned to why the cpc Mississauga hasn't sent it to Kingston Jamaica yet?? Will it eventually go there or??
hi. congrats on the sponsor approval :)
CPC does all of the grunt work and then sends it to your VO for further processing. so CPC Miss will gather the medical and police check then forward it all on. no need to be concerned.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
My GC key is showing
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
previously it was "not applicable"
i am little bit confused here !
no need to be confused....the background check theyre referring to is actually going through your paperwork and not the police/fbi check :)

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
The rest of my documents were received today. I now have everything that was asked for submitted. Hopefully not much longer now

Reactions: MizKat and Reo1