File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
Just checked GCKEY and it says ‘in process’. I also got the message that says your application started being processed on January 24. Super excited! :p

Reactions: MizKat

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Did you receive an email about update? Or you saw it when you were randomly checking? Just cant wait to receive COPR :) (according to Ottawa trend it might be next week, but you never know).
I saw it when I was randomly checking, but I did receive an email letting me know there was an update on my account later that day, so I would have seen it anyways :)

Reactions: Nina53

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Legally there is no concept of soft landing. Once you land, you are a PR, regardless of how long you stay in Canada after that. No special rules around it and doesn't matter where you enter, though you may run into trouble if you try to land in Quebec without a CSQ, that's about it.
Thank you

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I saw it when I was randomly checking, but I did receive an email letting me know there was an update on my account later that day, so I would have seen it anyways :)
Good, thank you :)

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Me too! At this point, I'm worried after all of this waiting, we won't get our PR and instead get an interview or something that will again delay everything by MONTHS.....this whole experience has definitely taken some time off of my life....all the stress, waiting, not working, not contributing to my family hence, adding extra to my husband. The lines are so blurred on what things and when they will happen. Anyone know how long after DM and getting your PR you have to "land" in Canada? We are wondering if we have to make a snap trip arrangement within a certain amount of days after getting DM....we would have to save some money for that and my husband would need to take time off from work, which is now less due to our visit in the States to see my sick mum at Christmas time....:/
your PR documents will expire 12 months after your medical exam or with your passport (whichever is earlier).

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
any one out there had to send their passport&photos (or copy) to London Office for CoPR?
it says NOT to use a courier envelope as the return envelope...so do they just send it via regular post?

any advice would be appreciated :)

Sandbas

Jan 25, 2018
I'm sponsoring my wife and we got the AOR last week, I’ve been trying to link my application with no luck. I think I tried every possible combination mentioned here. so I gave up.
my question is, what happens after not linking my application and how does that affect the process?

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hey....anyone else have this issue!!!??? I haven't heard beep for MONTHS AND MONTHS....I've already sent in my medical...MONTHS AGO, and when called CIC a long time ago, was told my medical passed.....TODAY I get a message in my e-mail...thinking HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING....but no, it's a request to do a medical!!!!!!???? What the hell!!??? Anyone else go through this!!???

Reactions: linnykez

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hey....anyone else have this issue!!!??? I haven't heard beep for MONTHS AND MONTHS....I've already sent in my medical...MONTHS AGO, and when called CIC a long time ago, was told my medical passed.....TODAY I get a message in my e-mail...thinking HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING....but no, it's a request to do a medical!!!!!!???? What the hell!!??? Anyone else go through this!!???
Yes... instead of being angry, you should be excited. They are asking for a new medical because yours has likely expired. Medicals are only good for 12 months. The fact that they are requesting a new one from you means they are preparing to finalize your application, which cannot be done until you have a valid medical, because your COPR expiry date is the same as your medical expiry date. My medical had expired as well, and although they chose to give me an extension instead of requesting a new one (it depends on the officer), that was the very last thing they did and I got DM the next day.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Yes... instead of being angry, you should be excited. They are asking for a new medical because yours has likely expired. Medicals are only good for 12 months. The fact that they are requesting a new one from you means they are preparing to finalize your application, which cannot be done until you have a valid medical, because your COPR expiry date is the same as your medical expiry date. My medical had expired as well, and although they chose to give me an extension instead of requesting a new one (it depends on the officer), that was the very last thing they did and I got DM the next day.

My current medical doesn't expire until June 2018.....

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
My current medical doesn't expire until June 2018.....
For some reason I was thinking you were a January applicant and were past your 12mo.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
For some reason I was thinking you were a January applicant and were past your 12mo.
March 2017 Applicant....this would be medical #3 as the first one expired...second one i was told already passed. My current medical won't even expire until 3 months after their 12 month due date to finish this mess!!!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
March 2017 Applicant....this would be medical #3 as the first one expired...second one i was told already passed. My current medical won't even expire until 3 months after their 12 month due date to finish this mess!!!
In that case it is very weird that they would have you redo it twice