+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

kayto82

Oct 24, 2017
Hi all,
First time writer, long time reader. I applied for PR back in February in the states under Family Sponsorship through my husband. He received notification about 2 months ago that a decision had been made in my case, but I have received nothing. It seems my application has been passed back and forth and back and forth between MVO and OVO. We've both reached out to inquire on the status of my application (my status has shown online as only Background check in process for the last 6 weeks), no DM, no PPR. It's very weird! My Medical was received and noted as passed back in July. Anyone else experience anything like this?

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Nice to hear such good news, guys :)
We passed 7 months now...and neither we being transferred to VO (Vienna), nor received email of being processed in Mississauga. From numerous calls we have being told that our app is in Mississauga....really frustrated now. Seems like we are the only ones in such strange situation.
Did you order notes? If so, what did it say?

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Did you order notes? If so, what did it say?
yes, we did...at about 5 months mark...according to notes - nothig has been started + in the officer's notes it is said "clients are eligible for OB570..."...recently ordered notes second time...maybe I should have waited longer before requesting them again, just afraid there will be no updates..

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
yes, we did...at about 5 months mark...according to notes - nothig has been started + in the officer's notes it is said "clients are eligible for OB570..."...recently ordered notes second time...maybe I should have waited longer before requesting them again, just afraid there will be no updates..
Oh ok. May be yours is also partly being processed in Mississauga and partly in Ottawa like Mason. Hopefully you will hear something very soon and that there won't be much waiting between stages after that.

Reactions: Nina53

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Oh ok. May be yours is also partly being processed in Mississauga and partly in Ottawa like Mason. Hopefully you will hear something very soon and that there won't be much waiting between stages after that.
Thank you. It's just lack of communication from their side....not having an idea whats going on is very frustrating. But I still hope for the best.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hi all,
First time writer, long time reader. I applied for PR back in February in the states under Family Sponsorship through my husband. He received notification about 2 months ago that a decision had been made in my case, but I have received nothing. It seems my application has been passed back and forth and back and forth between MVO and OVO. We've both reached out to inquire on the status of my application (my status has shown online as only Background check in process for the last 6 weeks), no DM, no PPR. It's very weird! My Medical was received and noted as passed back in July. Anyone else experience anything like this?
There are many people who received DM on September 1 and had not heard anything at all. Over the past couple of days, many of those people have gotten PPR, so hopefully you will get it very soon!

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
Hi all,
MyCIC won't update until the whole process is complete. So that will likely stay in progress until after PPR is completed and your file is closed.

There is a backlog of people with DM waiting for their PPR from both offices.

kayto82

Oct 24, 2017
Thank you so much for your input KBH and miss_tizzle! I should clarify that MyCIC was never updated to DM, only my husband's was on his end as a sponsor. Is that what you mean, miss_tizzle? Hopefully I'll receive my PPR soon, but it just seems so odd that some people get it the day after the receive notice of DM or that their BGC is so quick. Mine has been BGC in processing for weeks, and I noticed that my Biometrics (fingerprints) have gone from "Received" to "Not necessary at this time", which worries me.

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
Got DM Sept. 28th. No PPR as of yet. I'm trying the whole email experiment to see if it works. Here's hoping it works.
Well, I've gotten nowhere to date. Since this post, I have emailed the emails I could find for Ottawa and Miss. Ottawa responded within the hour to say they didn't have my file. So it is at Miss, apparently. No response from webform or the second email I had tried. And I called Ralph Goodale's office (I've done a lot of work for him and his riding and I live in YQR) and his people looked into it (I am worried about the medical expiring at this rate) and looks like they extended my husband's medical until Sept 2018 now (I'm guessing knowing this backlog is taking place) and they told the office it's just a wait now.

Frustrating. So, so, so frustrating.

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
Got DM Sept. 28th. No PPR as of yet. I'm trying the whole email experiment to see if it works. Here's hoping it works.
Well, I've gotten nowhere to date. Since this post, I have emailed the emails I could find for Ottawa and Miss. Ottawa responded within the hour to say they didn't have my file. So it is at Miss, apparently. No response from webform or the second email I had tried. And I called Ralph Goodale's office (I've done a lot of work for him and his riding and I live in YQR) and his people looked into it (I am worried about the medical expiring at this rate) and looks like they extended my husband's medical until Sept 2018 now (I'm guessing knowing this backlog is taking place) and they told the office it's just a wait now.

novascotia_addict

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
File Transfer...
14-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2017

I hear you.
I'm a December 2016 outland applicant and received DM on September 1st.
Still just waiting outside of Canada away from partner for PPR.

Hopefully things start moving with more people getting PPRs now.

Reactions: miss_tizzle

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Seems like my inlaws are also getting frustrated by IRCC's lack of information and seemingly random processing standards. Last week they reached out to the local MP who was more than willing to try to help.
And today they actually phoned my inlaws, my wife answered the phone and they could give her some amazing updates...
..."sorry, but all the immigration office could tell us was that your husbands application is still within the 12 month time limit"
Wow, such awesome news! Not.

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Just update!

As other people tried, I also emailed CPC Ottawa yesterday and received PPR today!

As other victims, our case is DM on Sep 1, main VO is Ottawa while transferred to Miss on Aug 29.

We also got GCMS note, and it looks like CPC M indeed made the decision on Aug 31.
But then PPR came from CPC Ottawa, indicating Ottawa is having a massive backlog.

Interesting thing is that, Note shows "counterfoil: no", and Finalization Application shows CoPR under Document Issuance (we are from visa exempt countries), office reviews are all green, but Ottawa still sent us PPR. Oh well...

novascotia_addict

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
File Transfer...
14-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2017
Just update!

As other people tried, I also emailed CPC Ottawa yesterday and received PPR today!

As other victims, our case is DM on Sep 1, main VO is Ottawa while transferred to Miss on Aug 29.

We also got GCMS note, and it looks like CPC M indeed made the decision on Aug 31.
But then PPR came from CPC Ottawa, indicating Ottawa is having a massive backlog.

Interesting thing is that, Note shows "counterfoil: no", and Finalization Application shows CoPR under Document Issuance (we are from visa exempt countries), office reviews are all green, but Ottawa still sent us PPR. Oh well...

Congrats, can you let me know where you received PPR, email or a physical letter or through a message on MyCIC?

Thanks!