Med's Done....
11-07-2017
Passport Req..
24-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
17-04-2018
May 8th applicant here. Background check still not started, medical exam still not passed over 4 months since submitting it. MP won’t help, can’t get a hold of CPC-M no matter how many times I call or submit Webform enquiry. GCMS notes say basically nothing has been started. Anyone else in a similar position?
wow! I don't understand why the MP won't help. That sound odd to me.

I would send an email or letter direct to the Minister then. It does take them about 4-8 weeks to respond so you'll need to be patient. That worked for me. Make sure you include your app no., UCI, and other details in the email.

After I did that, they phoned me to clarify some issues and forwarded a couple of lost emails.

Good luck.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
wow! I don't understand why the MP won't help. That sound odd to me.

I would send an email or letter direct to the Minister then. It does take them about 4-8 weeks to respond so you'll need to be patient. That worked for me. Make sure you include your app no., UCI, and other details in the email.

After I did that, they phoned me to clarify some issues and forwarded a couple of lost emails.

Good luck.
MPs often do not step in until processing times have been exceeded which is not the case here.

Reactions: miss_tizzle and KBH

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
MPs often do not step in until processing times have been exceeded which is not the case here.
Agreed. May applicants have only been processing for five months so most MPs would probably not bother to step in at that point

Reactions: miss_tizzle

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
Absolutely. My app was filed in Feb and they (MP office) were hesitant to look into our file but my husband's medical was supposed to expire in December they looked into it. Plus this was Ralph's office, the Minister who oversees Immigration.

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Just got a notification of a message in GCKey account, almost had a heart attack, thought it was a PPR directly following decision made.
Turns out it was an invitation to use pre-arrival services provided by Government of Canada for new immigrants. Didn’t even know that a service like that existed lol
I also received the same invitation. Do you have any update after that? What exactly does it mean to our application?

D0nnie

Jun 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

First time post, but have been checking this forum for a while. I would like to share some details about my process. My wife moved back to Canada late 2016 and in the beginning of 2017 we have started the process so I could move to Canada as well. So we started the process on February and finally on 1st September I got a "Decision Made" on the ECAS. So only today (27th October) I got the PPR (email from Mississauga Office). On the ECAS and GCKey nothing has changed. Below are the details of my timeline.

I would like to say thanks to all of you for all the information shared. Best of luck for all.

PR - Family Sponsorship, Outside Canada
App Sent -- Feb 16 (process sent to Mississauga)
App Received -- Feb 17
AOR -- Mar 04
SA approval -- Mar 22
Schedule A Uploaded -- Mar 29
ECAS in progress -- April 03
AOR2 -- May 05 (process sent to Ottawa)
BGC started -- Aug 18
AOR3 -- Aug 29 (process sent back to Mississauga)
DM -- Sep 1
PPR -- Sep 27 (to be sent to Ottawa)
CoPR --
Landed --

Medical, Sch A, PCC - upfront

Reactions: kiwias

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
How long is everyone waiting for application movement after receiving the email from cpc Mississauga saying their app will be processed in Mississauga?

Please answer!!!

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I called CIC again today.

This was my second time calling and both times the agents were very helpful and considerate to our situation. I confirmed that my wifes address has been changed as we are moving and I inquired about the status of my application and why the PPR was taking a while. He said that they are quite backed up with people at that point in their application and that we should get our next step shortly. We got DM on Sept 5th so based on others we are hoping to get PPR next week.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My friend doing Quebec experience got PPR and they told her it'll take 3-4 weeks to get coPR, this seems long. Has this been the Ottawa timeline typically?

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
My friend doing Quebec experience got PPR and they told her it'll take 3-4 weeks to get coPR, this seems long. Has this been the Ottawa timeline typically?
My husband was in Canada when he received PPR back in June. The total time from when we got that email to his landing was ten days. If you click under my name, you can see our timeline. It was really fast at the end, but I don't think Ottawa was caught up in the backlog it is currently experiencing. During the first third of the year or so, people seemed to go through pretty quickly once they got DM. If folks are still doing the monthly spreadsheets, that might be your best source of information.

ksb24

Aug 18, 2016
PR - Family Sponsorship, Outside Canada (US Citizen)
App Received -- Apr 24
AOR -- May 25
Medical done - 3Oct.
PPR -- Oct 27 (to be sent to Ottawa)

Also i got a letter from Mississauga that my wife's application will be processed at Mississauga on Oct. 13

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Just received PPR today!! Woohoo!! The day after I called them, not sure if it was a coincidence or if the phone representative put some sort of note on our file.

Just a quick question. On Appendix B my wife is the applicant and I am her spouse. Do I still have to include myself on it as well?

Reactions: Masonb6888