App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
The thing that scares me a lot is that it looks like most of my fellow American December-March applicants that applied the same route as me, have already landed or at least received PPR. It's making me constantly get worried!

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
[
thank you so much for your reply. Do you happen to know how my husband will et his visa stamp then? do we need to travel back to canada for or or just get it when we move there maybe at the immigration office behind customs.

I called IRCC and asked and the man I spoke with on the phon
If you have US/Canada as your primary address on the app, then you will be asked to send it to Ottawa. If its anywhere else then it will be the Visa Office serving your address.

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
Background check finally started for us! We are February applicants and being processed in Mississauga. Things were not moving for a very long time, but we received a medical request two weeks ago, we got a notice that our application was being processed in Mississauga about 10 days ago, CIC now shows that background check has started, and we received another letter today asking for the form IMM 5409 (declaration of common-law status). So excited that our application is finally moving forward :)

Reactions: mcroze

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
For those of you in Mississauga who have BG check IP and/or DM: when did your meds request come in relation to those things? Am I correct in assuming that for a lot of Mississauga folks, they are doing the meds request fairly close to the end of the process? I have not received my meds request yet.
I'm an early June applicant. My background check hasn't started yet (at least according to my ECAS and GcKey accounts). We got the "will be processed in Mississauga" email on August 29th (the first batch of this email), and then received the medical request on September 1st. I think it's still too early too notice a significant pattern to how the applications are processed in Mississauga. Hopefully you will get your medical request soon.

Reactions: KBH

PoutinePlease

Oct 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
Hi guys can anyone explain to me how spouse sponsorship processing works, let's say I am sponsoring my wife and fill up application with all required document send it to CPC then CPC accept my application and send me aknowledge lettet and few month latter they send me letter that i met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. So that means they check everything of mine and cleared me like no criminal record etc rite? Then CPC send my application to visa office for further processing so can anyone explain to me what the process of visa office? Do they check my BG and everything else again?
Hi there. If you received the letter saying that you met the requirements to be a sponsor, this means that you are cleared and are now the acting sponsor. The visa office that processes the remaining time of the application will be looking into the relationship background and especially the principal applicant's (your wife's) history, criminality, intentions, etc - essentially all information you both provided about her in the forms and enclosed documents you sent will be looked into for the remaining time.

So the good news would be that you're approved and they've started the bulk of the application for PR now! :)

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Congrats!
Did you actually receive a physical letter? Any update on Ecas/CGKey?
Thanks. No my sponsor received an email on Friday that my application will be processed in Mississauga. Then after 4 hours I got an email that there is a message for me in GCKey. The request letter was there.

Reactions: demdb11

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thanks. No my sponsor received an email on Friday that my application will be processed in Mississauga. Then after 4 hours I got an email that there is a message for me in GCKey. The request letter was there.
Oh wow. That's interesting. There were some cases of Mississauga applicants being transferred to Ottawa just for the PPR and CoPR stages, but yours is the opposite. Your application was being processed in Ottawa until DM and you got your PPR email from Mississauga. Now I'm even more confused. Lol! Is there an address at the top of your PPR email? If so, then did it say Ottawa or Mississauga? In the PPR email, where did they ask you to send your passport? Do let us know.

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Oh wow. That's interesting. There were some cases of Mississauga applicants being transferred to Ottawa just for the PPR and CoPR stages, but yours is the opposite. Your application was being processed in Ottawa until DM and you got your PPR email from Mississauga. Now I'm even more confused. Lol! Is there an address at the top of your PPR email? If so, then did it say Ottawa or Mississauga? In the PPR email, where did they ask you to send your passport? Do let us know.
I got email from donotreply@cic.gc.ca telling that there is a message in GCKey. The PDF in there directed me to send the passport to Ottawa.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.
 If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9
DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.
 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Reactions: jptskt

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I got email from donotreply@cic.gc.ca telling that there is a message in GCKey. The PDF in there directed me to send the passport to Ottawa.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.
 If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9
DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.
 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Oh ok. So you too have to mail your passport to Ottawa. That makes more sense considering what we know so far. Although that makes me wonder, why your sponsor even got the "your application will be processed in Mississauga" email the same day you got the PPR email from Ottawa. I mean, your application was already being processed in Ottawa and you got your DM from Ottawa. I guess it was probably an error on CIC's part. Anyways, congratulations once again!

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Oh ok. So you too have to mail your passport to Ottawa. That makes more sense considering what we know so far. Although that makes me wonder, why your sponsor even got the "your application will be processed in Mississauga" email the same day you got the PPR email from Ottawa. I mean, your application was already being processed in Ottawa and you got your DM from Ottawa. I guess it was probably an error on CIC's part. Anyways, congratulations once again!
Thanks and good luck to you as well.

Not only me but about 3-4 others, who had gotten DM on Sept 1, got same email on Friday around 7-8 in the evening CST. And around 4 hours later I got the email about the message in GCKey but they did not get the ppr yet. Its weird. I think the only thing I did different was send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. with a screen shot of DM on Oct, 3rd.

One thing i can think of is may be my app had been transferred to Mississauga but the email never came and when they touched my file sent that followed by ppr.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thanks and good luck to you as well.

Not only me but about 3-4 others, who had gotten DM on Sept 1, got same email on Friday around 7-8 in the evening CST. And around 4 hours later I got the email about the message in GCKey but they did not get the ppr yet. Its weird. I think the only thing I did different was send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. with a screen shot of DM on Oct, 3rd.

One thing i can think of is may be my app had been transferred to Mississauga but the email never came and when they touched my file sent that followed by ppr.
Yah it is weird that only you got the PPR email since so far we know that CIC sends out emails in batches. I wonder why is that? Every time I think I'm close to understanding how it all work, something completely different happens and throws me off. lol

Last edited:

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Yah it is weird that only you got the PPR email since so far we know that CIC sends out emails in batches. I wonder why is that? Every time I think I'm close to understanding how it all work, something completely different happens and throws me off. lol
Yeah there are so many variables.

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
That's how the government and their officers work, don't you think? Service Canada agents, boarder officers, etc they all have different procedures depending on who you talk to.

lookingforinfo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Bit of an update. We hadn't heard anything from them since my wife passed her medical exam. I called today and it looks like they thought that we didn't send the FBI certificate with the Schedule A request but we did. So the guy took a look for me and confirmed that we did in fact submit both. So he told me he was going to send a message to Mississauga to tell them that we did submit it I guess, and then hopefully it will be sent to Ottawa and continue going. Sometimes it definitely pays to just call them and ask them whats up.

Reactions: jptskt