App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Can I ask if you were able to find any information about your visa extension or passport request? We are in the same boat as you. I am the sponsor with a job in Canada and my husband and son are on tourist visas until Dec 6. We just got DM today, but I have no idea when I will find out what the decision is. Or if we are considered implied status? Were you able to find out the decision result by calling CIC- I haven't been able to get through
You're able to have an agent tell you what the decision is if you're able to get through. Keep in mind that some agents might not divulge that information over the phone - if this happens to you, I'd suggest calling again to speak to another agent.

novascotia_addict

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
File Transfer...
14-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2017
You're able to have an agent tell you what the decision is if you're able to get through. Keep in mind that some agents might not divulge that information over the phone - if this happens to you, I'd suggest calling again to speak to another agent.
Has anyone been able to reach an agent that tells them the decision? I haven't heard of this before.

demdb11

Feb 21, 2017
I have spoken to 2 different agents and both have told me our application has been approved, however neither could tell me when we would expect to receive CoPR

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I have spoken to 2 different agents and both have told me our application has been approved, however neither could tell me when we would expect to receive CoPR
It's very unlikely to not be favorable though.. unless you go into it with a criminal record.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It has never said "in process", even when CIC said our background check was starting and we passed medicals. ECAS never changed from the first line of when application was received, until today when it went straight to DM
This was the same with me, it never showed in process...

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Just got the email. We belong here now I guess.

Reactions: jptskt

VinceJH

Jul 5, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2017
File Transfer...
13-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2017
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
Hello. Just got a mail saying my application is transferred to Mississauga while I expected to go to Paris VO. Does that mean anything in particular? I hope Mississauga is as fast as Paris is supposed to be. Cheers :)

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Hello. Just got a mail saying my application is transferred to Mississauga while I expected to go to Paris VO. Does that mean anything in particular? I hope Mississauga is as fast as Paris is supposed to be. Cheers :)
It's supposed to be some sort of expedited streamlined version. it's good news.

VinceJH

Jul 5, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2017
File Transfer...
13-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2017
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
It's supposed to be some sort of expedited streamlined version. it's good news.
That sounds great then! It's weird cause I was thinking our application was a bit unusual so... but great news anyways thanks

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
That sounds great then! It's weird cause I was thinking our application was a bit unusual so... but great news anyways thanks
Sorry not to crush your hope, but there are a bunch of people including me got DM beginning Sep and have not heard anything ever since then from Mississauga/Ottawa. So... We can only cross the fingers, but just warn you not to be excited even if you see DM on Ecas

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Sorry not to crush your hope, but there are a bunch of people including me got DM beginning Sep and have not heard anything ever since then from Mississauga/Ottawa. So... We can only cross the fingers, but just warn you not to be excited even if you see DM on Ecas
and like I suggested earlier. I bet you this is just going to a mass wave of PPRs put out.. If you think about it, Mississauga doesn't do PPR/CoPR they can't.
So they're probably waiting on people like me to send them the rest of the crap they need to be able to send it off to Ottawa and get those PPR/ CoPR.
Idk. just a hunch.

DeeTee

Aug 29, 2017
Can I ask if you were able to find any information about your visa extension or passport request? We are in the same boat as you. I am the sponsor with a job in Canada and my husband and son are on tourist visas until Dec 6. We just got DM today, but I have no idea when I will find out what the decision is. Or if we are considered implied status? Were you able to find out the decision result by calling CIC- I haven't been able to get through
Sorry, only just saw this. I called CIC and the person I spoke to said it was "probably" a yes, because they hadn't asked anything else. He confirmed that Ottawa would be doing the paperwork in terms of sending things out. He couldn't give any sort of idea how long it would be.

I can't really get a straight answer about implied status. I think that only applies if I have some other sort of visa, like a temporary work one. If I then apply to extend that, and it runs out before I get an answer, I'm then on implied status. That said, I'm not an expert and I really, really wouldn't recommend that you make any decisions based on what I've said.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Once you apply for visitor visa extension you have implied status until you hear back. Since it takes at least three months to hear back, you get at least that...

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Sorry, only just saw this. I called CIC and the person I spoke to said it was "probably" a yes, because they hadn't asked anything else. He confirmed that Ottawa would be doing the paperwork in terms of sending things out. He couldn't give any sort of idea how long it would be.

I can't really get a straight answer about implied status. I think that only applies if I have some other sort of visa, like a temporary work one. If I then apply to extend that, and it runs out before I get an answer, I'm then on implied status. That said, I'm not an expert and I really, really wouldn't recommend that you make any decisions based on what I've said.
Unfortunately I don't believe DM in ECAS for outland applicants would qualify as implied status. @xrubanx - If a tourist visa or visitor status was due to expire after you received DM but before you received your COPR, you would still want to apply to extend the visitor status, because your husband would be out of status if it expired before he landed as a PR. (It's a little different for inland applications but I am assuming you are outland)