Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Sponsor - PR (in Canada )
PA- USA
submitted application on 1st March to CPO Mississauga . No response yet . Any idea on time line . Really appreciate any help please
For outland, 6-7 weeks

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Sponsor - PR (in Canada )
PA- USA
submitted application on 1st March to CPO Mississauga . No response yet . Any idea on time line . Really appreciate any help please
Still within a 'normal' time to not have heard anything. Some AORs can take more than 50-60 days sometimes.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Anyone from Mississauga getting dm/ppr lately?

SohniandJD

Dec 29, 2017
I have a feeling the office works in batches. With sponsor approvals and medical requests they all seemed to come in around the same time (i.e. within minutes) for many people on whatsapp and here on the forums. My guess is that the office is scheduled to run a batch of DM/PPR emails one of these days and you'll be on that list.
I hope you're right! i'm a November applicant and for a while there DMs were flying in (mainly from Mississauga) and now its completely quiet! really hoping it picks up again soon the constant checking of my emails is super frustrating

Reactions: evdm

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I hope you're right! i'm a November applicant and for a while there DMs were flying in (mainly from Mississauga) and now its completely quiet! really hoping it picks up again soon the constant checking of my emails is super frustrating

If you look at peoples timelines you will notice a lot of people get DM on the 29th of the month!

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Has your BGC started?

tx-to-ca

Mar 15, 2018
We passed the 12-month mark several weeks ago and still no background check started. I start working in Canada in July (I'm the Canadian sponsor) and after that point I don't know when I'll have time to return to the US to complete the move with my wife. On top of that, in just a couple of months our lease expires so if we can't land by then, it looks like my wife would have to find a new place to live for an indefinite amount of time while she continues to wait. This is after our landlord was gracious enough to extend our lease by one month to buy us some more time. I don't know what else to do.

No kids or dependents, no additional docs requested, nothing needed to be resubmitted or clarified, nothing complicated other than an extension for the PCC thanks to slow FBI times (we actually received and submitted the PCC only two days after the original deadline and, ironically, before they had even responded to our last-minute request for an extension!) They just seem to have really taken their time with ours. It took them 5 months to even request the Schedule A from us, nearly 8 for the PCC.

Our application seems to be so far behind compared to everyone else's. I have no idea if there's anything we can do other than keep waiting in the dark. CSE was useless and since I'm in the US I don't know if it will do any good for me to call an MP's office. Would the MP for my most recent Canadian address (2009) be the one to contact? Sorry, not really asking questions here - just venting.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
We passed the 12-month mark several weeks ago and still no background check started. I start working in Canada in July (I'm the Canadian sponsor) and after that point I don't know when I'll have time to return to the US to complete the move with my wife. On top of that, in just a couple of months our lease expires so if we can't land by then, it looks like my wife would have to find a new place to live for an indefinite amount of time while she continues to wait. This is after our landlord was gracious enough to extend our lease by one month to buy us some more time. I don't know what else to do.

No kids or dependents, no additional docs requested, nothing needed to be resubmitted or clarified, nothing complicated other than an extension for the PCC thanks to slow FBI times (we actually received and submitted the PCC only two days after the original deadline and, ironically, before they had even responded to our last-minute request for an extension!) They just seem to have really taken their time with ours. It took them 5 months to even request the Schedule A from us, nearly 8 for the PCC.

Our application seems to be so far behind compared to everyone else's. I have no idea if there's anything we can do other than keep waiting in the dark. CSE was useless and since I'm in the US I don't know if it will do any good for me to call an MP's office. Would the MP for my most recent Canadian address (2009) be the one to contact? Sorry, not really asking questions here - just venting.
Maybe you could try calling the MP where you resided in Canada last or the MP Of where you intend to move

Reactions: tx-to-ca

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Americans, do you just photo copy/scan passports for PPR?