+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga office

IBMER

Dec 14, 2009
Re: Mississauga office FINALLY

SMF123 said:
Hi Everyone,

I Passed the exam with Greatest Score %100 ,and got the Oath cermony after short interviewed ,same day .
(18.11.13).
@keesio: Thanks a lot for the research and posting the URLs.

@ SFM123 & @ espn103: Can you tell us what time you guys had the test at? The batch that I happened to be in had an one-off experience that none of us got the oath invitation the same day. We were told that we will be sent the invitation to take oath in about 4 - 8 weeks. We were the last batch for the day finishing off the interview, test and the results being announced by around 6:50 PM on Dec 4th. I'm trying to see if, only those who had took the tests during the "day hours" were given the oath invitation right after the test. I would have attributed this behavior just to my specific case had it been just for me. None of those in our batch got an invitation the same day. So, any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
keesio said:
Yeah my oath letter was very generic. No name, the field for application and client ID was blank. When the official handed it out to us, he had a stack of them and just passed them around so all the letters were identical.

Not sure why you had a different experience. This is the office on Glen Erin drive, correct? Maybe they have different days for different category applicants? cool497 and I were both Saturday morning people and those groups get fast tracked somehow?

Anyway if they told you an oath letter was coming in 4-8 weeks and you had a good interview, then I'm sure you will be fine, just need to be patient.
Hello Keesio, could you please tell us more - why there was no name or id on the oath invitation letter? How they know who should be present at the oath ceremony? I am confused...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Any experience for the test takers at 12 -1 pm?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Suin said:
Hello Keesio, could you please tell us more - why there was no name or id on the oath invitation letter? How they know who should be present at the oath ceremony? I am confused...
After the interview, the interviewer will tell you if they feel you have passed and will be tentatively invited to the oath ceremony. They tell you to wait around for your oath letter and then (I assume) they will place your file in the "invite" pile. Then another person periodically takes the files in the "invite" pile and call out the names from it and directs you to a room. In that room, they tell you that you have been tentatively invited and hand out the generic oath letter. Since everyone in that room is known to be invited, they can hand out the generic letter to everyone in the room. Since they hand out the oath letter so quickly, there is no time to have individually prepared letters with your name/id. They just figure out then and there who is invited and give you the generic prepared letter.

IBMER

Dec 14, 2009
@ keesio: I've a couple of questions. Please don't think I'm finicky or picking on you. I'm only trying to be analytical. :)
Well, "if they feel you have passed" - why is it they "feel" you have passed? Is it because even if one gets fewer than 15 questions correct, they would be "considered" passed if the CIC personnel think they are good to be considered so?
Moreover, does a judge not have to accept the citizenship application (even as a formality) before the applicants are categorized as "good to take oath". Because, while the CIC personnel was addressing our group he said, we've recommended all of your files as good to the judge but as a formality the judge will close the files eventually. Just curious. Thanks!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
IBMER said:
Well, "if they feel you have passed" - why is it they "feel" you have passed? Is it because even if one gets fewer than 15 questions correct, they would be "considered" passed if the CIC personnel think they are good to be considered so?
I was referring to the interview. You need to pass BOTH the test AND the interview. For the test, you need to get at least 15 out of 20 to pass. That is pretty straightforward. For the interview, you need to convince the interviewer that your fulfill the residency and language requirements, in addition to whatever else they are looking for. That is a bit more subjective. My interviewer told me she "feels" that I meet the requirements and "passed" the interview but that the judge will have the final say.

IBMER said:
Moreover, does a judge not have to accept the citizenship application (even as a formality) before the applicants are categorized as "good to take oath". Because, while the CIC personnel was addressing our group he said, we've recommended all of your files as good to the judge but as a formality the judge will close the files eventually.
The judge needs to sign off on your file and he/she can postpone your oath ceremony and decide to call you in for an additional interview. I did not interpret it as a formality - the judge can indeed decide to question the application further if he/she does not feel comfortable signing off on it. That is why I said "tentatively" invited to the oath ceremony. So when you get the oath letter, it is a "tentative" invitation. Officials explicitly tell you this as they hand out the oath invitation letter - that if the judge has any issues with your file, you will get a call requesting for an additional interview and that your oath ceremony is cancelled. This is also written on the invitation letter I received. I'm sure the percentage of people who get flagged by the judge for further investigation is a very small percentage since that is why others do all the analysis and interview and when it finally gets to the judge, the application is considered "strong" and the judge usually trusts his/her staff and just signs off on it. But it is a risk none the less.

Note that this was the case for my group. I suspect that for people who get an oath invitation in the mail, it works differently as they have time to have the judge review your file before sending out the letter and you only get the letter if you are all good to go vs cases where they give the letter out the same day before the judge has a chance to look it over.

IBMER

Dec 14, 2009
@keesio: Even my interviewer told me that she is all good. The CIC officer who was announcing the results also told us that the final approval for the letter would come from the Judge. However, he mentioned that they were going to recommend our cases as "good to go". Now that is in sync with what I heard. Thanks!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Could you please advise whether we need to bring any photocopies of the originals except the photocopy of the passport?
Thank you in advance for all the inputs.

IBMER

Dec 14, 2009
They did not ask for any photocopies (at least that was my experience). But as per the letter, you're required to bring in the photocopies of the passport (they say the page with your name and photo.)
Does that help? If not, please let me know.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
IBMER said:
They did not ask for any photocopies (at least that was my experience). But as per the letter, you're required to bring in the photocopies of the passport (they say the page with your name and photo.)
Does that help? If not, please let me know.
Thank you for your reply, it's really helpful. Yes, I will definitely take the photocopy of my passport with me. I'm just not sure whether I need to bring the copies of the proof of residence - like Option C and T4s, and the pay stubs.

IBMER

Dec 14, 2009
You're welcome. I don't remember reading anywhere that the T4 or such needs to be taken. However, it's always advisable to take as many documents as you've that would help support your case. I, in fact, did carry all years' T4. Good luck!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
IBMER said:
@ keesio: Even my interviewer told me that she is all good. The CIC officer who was announcing the results also told us that the final approval for the letter would come from the Judge. However, he mentioned that they were going to recommend our cases as "good to go". Now that is in sync with what I heard. Thanks!
I'm sure you all are fine. It would have to be a strange case for the judge to single out an application that has already been pre-approved.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
IBMER said:
You're welcome. I don't remember reading anywhere that the T4 or such needs to be taken. However, it's always advisable to take as many documents as you've that would help support your case. I, in fact, did carry all years' T4. Good luck!
I brought all by NOAs, T4s, and a letter from my employer. This was because I had so many trips in and out of the country so I was worried I would have a hard time during the interview. I presented these to the interviewer and she said it is good I had these and made photocopies of them.

If you have a lot of absences, then it is a good idea to bring them. If you don't, then it is probably not a big deal to have them.

cool497

Jun 22, 2008
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Finanly Canadian Citizen today
I applied for Grant of citizenship on
30, AUG 2012
Received Application 2012
Start processing Feb 13, 2013
File in Mississauga office Sep 2013
Back Ground done OCT 2013
Test and interview Dec 7 2013
Oath Dec 16 2013