+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Office Applicants 2014/ 2015

malabadi

Feb 11, 2015
Cairo said:
Hello everyone,

We are scheduled to write the test in Mississauga on Feb 3rd. In the invitation letter, they asked for the original documents that we copied in our applications.

My questions is: is it a good idea to bring more supportive documents like pay stubs, credit card statements, lease contracts, etc. for the officer to check?

Has anyone been asked to provide more documents during or after the interview other that the originals that were copied with the application?

I need your experiences please.

Thank you and wish you all the best.
Nothing extra required in my case, the officer went through the application and took some notes on it and checked my passport.

malabadi

Feb 11, 2015
I had my test mid-december, the officer told me that a letter will be sent in a couple if weeks, yet I have not received anything so far.

I will be traveling in march and also in april, in case they would send an invite for the oath, how much time would I have, a week, two weeks of notice? What is your experience?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
malabadi said:
I had my test mid-december, the officer told me that a letter will be sent in a couple if weeks, yet I have not received anything so far.

I will be traveling in march and also in april, in case they would send an invite for the oath, how much time would I have, a week, two weeks of notice? What is your experience?
Normally the CIC send invitations for Citizenship tests and for Oath Ceremony 2 weeks in advance. If you are traveling and have someone reliable to monitor your mails, that should not be a problem. At the same time, if you can keep checking online that's still better.

Once you get the invitation and you get notified you can fly in time for the Ceremony Oath. Hope you get your Oath in coming weeks 8)

However, a word of caution. I read some instances on this forum, where the individuals who were entrusted with the responsibility to monitor their mails, never informed about receipt of mail. As a result some applicants had their files considered abandoned by CIC. ::)

andrewtoronto

Jul 30, 2015
malabadi said:

I believe if u pass the test its within few weeks to months

like after i passed the test i got within 1 week

boyong0313

May 27, 2015
Hi Guys,

I got my invite to the Citizenship Oath ceremony in Mississauga last week. It took CIC about 4 weeks to send the invite. My oath schedule is on Feb 12, 2016 at 8:00 AM.

Appreciate all the help and inspiration this platform provided during my citizenship journey.

Wishing you all the best in all your endeavors.

Willy

============
boyong0313 said:
Good AM to all!

I have posted previously regarding my citizenship journey and I am happy to share that last January 08, 2016 - I had my citizenship test. I passed the test (20/20) and had a detailed interview with a CIC Officer. I checked eCas this morning and my status has been updated to DM.

I was informed during the interview that they will send the invite for the oath within 2 to 3 months.

Following is the details of my citizenship journey :

Received Application for Citizenship -> Nov 24, 2015
Sent Letter of Acknowledgement -> Feb 17, 2015
Stated Processing my Application -> March 17, 2015
File Transferred to Mississauga Office -> April 1, 2015
Citizenship Test in Mississauga -> January 8, 2016

It took a while and patience was somehow challenged....but I am getting there.

Willy

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
my Citizenship process is completed. :) :) :)
can anyone update spreadsheet!!

Mferweez

Dec 23, 2009
At last I got my oath invitation -Mississauga office
Wish all who are still waiting , that you get to the end of your citizenship journey soon.
Timelines
June 9th -Application received
August 1st -acknowledgment letter sent
September 17th -start processing
December 5th - test
February 20th ,2016 oath ceremony (Toronto university-Mississauga)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mferweez said:
At last I got my oath invitation -Mississauga office
Wish all who are still waiting , that you get to the end of your citizenship journey soon.
Timelines
June 9th -Application received
August 1st -acknowledgment letter sent
September 17th -start processing
December 5th - test
February 20th ,2016 oath ceremony (Toronto university-Mississauga)
MFerweez,

Congrats! Nice to be Canadian now eh?

All the best,

SFd

PatTO

Aug 26, 2015
My status changed to Decision Made yesterday! Grin

Received: Dec. 8, 2015
AOR: Feb. 19, 2015
In Process: Mar. 13, 2015
Test: Aug. 14, 2015 (got CIT0520 -- "mini RQ" -- right after test)
DM: Feb. 6, 2016
Oath: Huh

P.

kantanamera

Feb 2, 2016
PatTO said:
My status changed to Decision Made yesterday! Grin

Received: Dec. 8, 2015
AOR: Feb. 19, 2015
In Process: Mar. 13, 2015
Test: Aug. 14, 2015 (got CIT0520 -- "mini RQ" -- right after test)
DM: Feb. 6, 2016
Oath: Huh

P.
Can You Plzzzzzzz Share ,,,
what was the date you submitted your cit 0520 docs...
how long they took to change it to decision made
thanks

PatTO

Aug 26, 2015
I submitted my CIT0520 docs a day or two after the test, so it took almost 6 months to Decision Made then.

-P.

ali1254

Feb 28, 2015
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 28, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on March 23, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on October 1, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Did the test on Oct 21. 1 Applicant passed, 1 failed

Retest on Feb 11, 2016. Failed applicant passed

Same interviewer did not need to interview just told us wait for Oath ceremony will take about 4 ~ 8 Months to get it.