+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Would you mind share the context on your email ?
I actually called the MP office first to see if they could help and then followed up with an email. I explained to them that I’m a July 2023 applicant and I haven’t heard any news at all since November 29th when my LPP was marked completed. I gave all my info (UCI, application #, date of birth) and asked them if they could reach out to IRCC directly for an update. They replied and sent me a release form to sign and they are going to contact IRCC. They told me they will not be able to accelerate the process but they can definitely try to find out why there is such delay.

ansarcrtni

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Category........
Other
I actually called the MP office first to see if they could help and then followed up with an email. I explained to them that I’m a July 2023 applicant and I haven’t heard any news at all since November 29th when my LPP was marked completed. I gave all my info (UCI, application #, date of birth) and asked them if they could reach out to IRCC directly for an update. They replied and sent me a release form to sign and they are going to contact IRCC. They told me they will not be able to accelerate the process but they can definitely try to find out why there is such delay.
I just send an email to MP

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
That’s a good step. I hope MP could help out on this.

Alp2023

Aug 11, 2023
This the email I got from my MP office:

I spoke with IRCC on your behalf concerning your Citizenship application submitted on July 30, 2023. All background checks and assessments are passed and completed. Those are:
  • knowledge
  • language
  • residency obligation
  • security
  • criminology
There is no further action to be taken by you towards your citizenship at this time.You now are to wait to be contacted by IRCC for the next step. Please monitor your mail delivery for further updates and do continue to use the online service, which allows you to securely view the status of your application online.

Please be advised, our office does not have any authority over IRCC’s decisions or processing times – we cannot expedite applications. To clarify, how long it will take for the department to process your application is solely at the discretion of the IRCC officer(s) handling your file.

At this time, you must wait for IRCC to contact you with next steps. Should you not hear from IRCC by May 13, 2025, you may reach back out to our office then so that we may contact the department again on your behalf. Please note, should you reach out to our office before the stated date above (May 13, 2025) regarding another update on your application, we will advise you again to wait until the stated date has passed to contact us.

We encourage you to ensure that as your application is processed, you continue to provide IRCC with the necessary documents and information, should they request them, in a timely manner. (Note: as of right now, no additional documents are pending on your file. That said, if IRCC does require any further documentation from you, they will request this of you via the preferred method of communication you have listed in your file.)

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017

I spoke with IRCC on your behalf concerning your Citizenship application submitted on July 30, 2023. All background checks and assessments are passed and completed. Those are:
  • knowledge
  • language
  • residency obligation
  • security
  • criminology
There is no further action to be taken by you towards your citizenship at this time.You now are to wait to be contacted by IRCC for the next step. Please monitor your mail delivery for further updates and do continue to use the online service, which allows you to securely view the status of your application online.

Please be advised, our office does not have any authority over IRCC’s decisions or processing times – we cannot expedite applications. To clarify, how long it will take for the department to process your application is solely at the discretion of the IRCC officer(s) handling your file.

At this time, you must wait for IRCC to contact you with next steps. Should you not hear from IRCC by May 13, 2025, you may reach back out to our office then so that we may contact the department again on your behalf. Please note, should you reach out to our office before the stated date above (May 13, 2025) regarding another update on your application, we will advise you again to wait until the stated date has passed to contact us.

We encourage you to ensure that as your application is processed, you continue to provide IRCC with the necessary documents and information, should they request them, in a timely manner. (Note: as of right now, no additional documents are pending on your file. That said, if IRCC does require any further documentation from you, they will request this of you via the preferred method of communication you have listed in your file.)
I’m honestly at a loss of words.

Reactions: nmdemp

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
I think some MPs are more helpful than others, because I read stories for people who contacted their MPs and got better response, but I wish we get good news and our ceremony soon ☺
@Alp2023 please call IRCC and ask them if you’re a non routine applicant now. Then you’ll understand what’s going on

Reactions: Alp2023

Debret

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Nomination.....
04/04/2018
AOR Received.
20/08/2018
Med's Request
02/05/2019
Med's Done....
21/05/2019
Passport Req..
02/07/2019
My Timeline:

My AOR: February 15

Fingerprints Request: March 11
Fingerprints Received: April 8
Test Completed: April 6
Background completed: April 9

LPP May 10
Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 27

My test came from the Mississauga office but my oath ceremony invitation email came from Scarborough.

Reactions: Debby25

Kizwilty

Jan 3, 2024
At this rate, i believe IRCC agents process applications as they will. Personally i check on my application status on a monthly basis. There isn't much one can do but wait, given that even when we contact them, the feedback is so sketchy and general for anyone to try and make any sense of it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Debby25

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
At this rate, i believe IRCC agents process applications as they will. Personally i check on my application status on a monthly basis. There isn't much one can do but wait, given that even when we contact them, the feedback is so sketchy and general for anyone to try and make any sense of it. :rolleyes:
Me too. I will wait to hear from my MP, but then I’m done checking/calling and will do my things (travelling etc). Newer applications are processed within 3 months, and we are here waiting with no idea why.

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Me too. I will wait to hear from my MP, but then I’m done checking/calling and will do my things (travelling etc). Newer applications are processed within 3 months, and we are here waiting with no idea why.
Calling agents is literally the most useless thing ever. I emailed Mississauga office last week and I am not sure whether I am lucky or not, it got escalated to the supervisor, who sent me a follow-up on Tuesday saying my file is granted and my ceremony will be scheduled shortly. However, when I called the 1800 number to see what they have to say finally, they say the same thing like a broken record.

At this point, I strongly believe we get updates even before the agents do (same thing happened for my bg check). I honestly only get more frustrated and stressed after calling them.

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020

• knowledge
  • language
  • residency obligation
  • security
  • criminology

I believe that just by them contacting the IRCC has an actual impact on your application.Usually no MP would do anything about our application its all about them reaching IRCC to check the status, which puts IRCC in a spot that someone is eyeing on this application and things needs to be done or they start really looking into your application and process to provide such an update.
If you might order GCMS notes there you will find under notes section that your MP has contacted for an update, So I would say even tho the response from your MP might not be satisfactory but that might help I guess.