+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

jsbach

Apr 10, 2024
I emailed the scheduling office originally who let me know that even though all items were completed except the oath, my background check was still being verified. So I sent a webform and they told me the same thing. I ordered the gcsm to get a better understanding and that’s where I noticed what I think is the hold up, not sure though.
So that means all the tracker status is bullshit to us and also to them...

Monark20

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Brampton, ON Canada
Category........
PNP
I did read somewhere that BG and Prohibitions are basically open (even though it’s cleared in the tracker) till your Oath is done to make sure you’re still eligible to be a citizen and to avoid any potential loopholes. Probably this explains why the blank spots in security sections.
That makes sense. Because I have also read some cases where the background is checked on the day of the oath too.

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
I emailed the scheduling office originally who let me know that even though all items were completed except the oath, my background check was still being verified. So I sent a webform and they told me the same thing. I ordered the gcsm to get a better understanding and that’s where I noticed what I think is the hold up, not sure though.
May I know the scheduling office email please? I only know the test email and I would like to take a chance to send an inquiry. Thank you!

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Here is my application timeline so far Mississauga by mail/paper
November 27,2023- AOR
January 9, 2024- test invitation
January 15,2024- test taken
January 16, 2024- test completed
Feb 6,2024 finger print request
March 6,2024 finger print received
March 7,2024- BG complete
LPP in process
Anyone with the same timeline

Reactions: JamFarr

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I received my GCMS notes and everything seems pretty “normal” to me, except a blank space under Security Clearance. It looks like this:

SECURITY
SECURITY: 1
UCI #:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security Clearance

and then a blank space.

Does it mean it’s still in progress?

My LPP was completed on Nov 27th 2023.

Location is E-Grant

Reactions: nmdemp

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
I received my GCMS notes and everything seems pretty “normal” to me, except a blank space under Security Clearance. It looks like this:

SECURITY
SECURITY: 1
UCI #:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security Clearance

and then a blank space.

Does it mean it’s still in progress?

My LPP was completed on Nov 27th 2023.

Location is E-Grant
Hey Debby I hope it’s a good thing. I really don’t know anything about E-Grant. Do you know what is it?

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hey Debby I hope it’s a good thing. I really don’t know anything about E-Grant. Do you know what is it?
No - I’ve seen people with e-grant DF, E-grant ceremony in progress, e-grant something else but I couldn’t find anything about “e-grant” only.

I’m wondering if my security clearance is still in progress and that’s what’s delaying things.

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
No - I’ve seen people with e-grant DF, E-grant ceremony in progress, e-grant something else but I couldn’t find anything about “e-grant” only.

I’m wondering if my security clearance is still in progress and that’s what’s delaying things.

That’s so frustrating. Can’t say more

• Sad
Reactions: Debby25