+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing wife and children's that are in Canada

Aug 15, 2013
I am a Malaysian but my wife was a Canadian, she flew back to Canada on 21 of June 2013 with my son during that time she was pregnant. During months of June till Dec last year was trying to apply Visa to get into Canada to reunited with my family, thinking that the Canadian Immigration will allow me to get in to united with my wife my kid and my newborn baby which I have not yet seen, was thinking to get in with visa then will only apply PR paper in Canada, because due to my friend is the faster way because the system in Singapore are slower then the system that in Canada for months, due to my friend get in there with same situation as me, they allow him to get in.
But as for my case is a sad story they rejected my visa twice, so I went to apply PR into Canada, the Immigration receive it around months of march, and they got to me through Email said that they accepted my wife as a sponsor for me and asked me to go for the medical check up, so I did my medical check up 9/August/2014. Till now Sept-22-2014 I still did not receive any Email from them yet... every night my pillow will soak with tears, because I miss the warmth smile of my wife, and the noise of my little boys and to see my newborn baby girl......

Pls share if anyone have the same experience. or may be any opinion to share with me what to do? sorry for the broken English. :-\

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should join the Singapore thread in the Family Class section of this forum:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.10395.html

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have the same right as anybody else to apply for a visit visa. However, you are still required to show that you are only coming to visit which could be difficult as your family is there and you are applying for PR. There isn't much you can do about that, unfortunately. Can your wife come visit you? Or can you get a visit visa to the US, go there and she comes to the US to visit you there?

Singapore is listed here at 31 months but I have other data showing the average time in Singapore to be 19 months. The time listed on the CIC website is the time it takes to process 80% of application so it may be true for you if your application is slow but if your application is average or faster, you don't have to wait that long.

Aug 15, 2013
Leon said:
You have the same right as anybody else to apply for a visit visa. However, you are still required to show that you are only coming to visit which could be difficult as your family is there and you are applying for PR. There isn't much you can do about that, unfortunately. Can your wife come visit you? Or can you get a visit visa to the US, go there and she comes to the US to visit you there?

Singapore is listed here at 31 months but I have other data showing the average time in Singapore to be 19 months. The time listed on the CIC website is the time it takes to process 80% of application so it may be true for you if your application is slow but if your application is average or faster, you don't have to wait that long.
Leon thanks for the advices, I do think about asking my wife to come back to Malaysia for the time being of waiting the PR process, or I get to US and meet them there. But it is hard due to some financial issues and because I am a preacher of the Word and I have no income I only receive love gifts. I do asked my parents to support me in financial for them to come or for me to go to US to be with them, but my dad said is ok just wait if got to wait for years then just wait, I am really sad when I heard this from them but I can't blame them because they are the super traditional Chinese background, but as for me I don't agree about all this and all I want is to be with my family and hold my kids. Plus my son is been looking for me and is already 16 months did not see him...

Yeah Leon may I ask how would I know I do not have to wait that long? I went to Canada Immigration website and check about my status, I only can see the time where they receive my application, I do not see any update or anything there... It make me nervous sometimes that I can not see my family anymore...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't know how long you have to wait. You will basically have to wait and see. You can apply for a TRP, a temporary visa on humanitarian grounds based on your wish to want to join your family sooner as your PR application is already in process and you want to join your family in Canada. Use a regular form for a visitor visa but write that you are applying for a TRP based on your TRV applications having been refused in the past and that is hardship on your family to be separated for such a long time. No guarantees but it may be worth a try.