+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing the Coop register deadlines - affect on PGWP

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please help me with my questions!!!

I am taking a 3 year program with 3 mandatory coops (Aviation Management) and I forgot to register for my coops which shows two blanks ( 2017 FALL & 2018 Summer) on my transcript. Please see the below for the details. The problems are not just only I did not secure a coop on time but also I did not register the coop terms.

Does anyone have the same situation like me? How do you guys apply? Do you think I need to get an immigration lawyer to help me with case? what is the percentage I can get my PGWP?

I am getting the Letter of Explanation letter from school but I know that is not enough so please help me and give me some advice if you know anything.

2015 Fall Academic Semester 1

2016 Winter Academic Semester 2

2016 Summer Academic Semester 3

2016 Fall Academic Semester 4

2017 Winter Coop 1 - airport

2017 Summer Academic Semester 5

2017 Fall Blank · Forgot to register · Did not find a Coop

2018 Winter Academic Semester 6

2018 Summer Blank · Forgot to register · Found and did Coop #2

2018 Fall Coop 2 - No place to put for my Coop #2 credit · Returned offer on 2019 Winter · Mom was ill

2019 Winter Coop 3 - airline

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I think chances are very slim of getting PGWP to be honest, dont see what a lawyer can do, & what does 2018 summer mean? You worked but didn't register? I dont get it.

Did you have co-op work permit throughout?

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
I think chances are very slim of getting PGWP to be honest, dont see what a lawyer can do, & what does 2018 summer mean? You worked but didn't register? I dont get it.

Did you have co-op work permit throughout?

Why do you think I cannot get my PGWP?

I was supposed to do my coop from 2018 MAY - AUGUST and I did my coop but did not register for coop in my College

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Why do you think I cannot get my PGWP?

I was supposed to do my coop from 2018 MAY - AUGUST and I did my coop but did not register for coop in my College
You didn't do co-op during coop semester so your transcript will show nothing for that semester correct? You need to be full time all semesters except last. Also another semester you forgot to register, does this mean your transcript will show nothing for this semester as well? That's 2 semesters missing as I understand it.
All depends on what transcripts will say, needs to be full time all except last semester.

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
You didn't do co-op during coop semester so your transcript will show nothing for that semester correct? You need to be full time all semesters except last. Also another semester you forgot to register, does this mean your transcript will show nothing for this semester as well? That's 2 semesters missing as I understand it.
All depends on what transcripts will say, needs to be full time all except last semester.
I did not do it because I did not find it but I did actively looking for it. My problem is that I forgot to register for the coop terms.
What if I apply PGWP with the explanation letter that can explain my situation. Do you think it will help? What is your advice for me?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
In my course, if you did not do a co-op, you did not successfully finish the course (ie graduate). Did you successfully graduate?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I did not do it because I did not find it but I did actively looking for it. My problem is that I forgot to register for the coop terms.
What if I apply PGWP with the explanation letter that can explain my situation. Do you think it will help? What is your advice for me?
You can try and explain but it is up to the officer to decide and from what I know they only take very serious issues such as illness or death in immediate family under consideration.

Not really sure what else can be done at this point.

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
In my course, if you did not do a co-op, you did not successfully finish the course (ie graduate). Did you successfully graduate?
I was scheduled to do my second coop on 2017 FALL but I did not get it so I delayed my semester. Therefore, I did my second coop on 2018 Summer.

I have finished all 3 coop terms and 6 academic terms so I successfully graduated.

I have to finish all 3 coops in order to graduate. The coops are mandatory in my program.