+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

misrepresentation

empress14

Sep 8, 2016
Hi there I would like to asked for help (especially for
those have the same experience like me). I receive a letter
from VO giving me 30 days to send him an explanation letter because he is not convinced that I performed the duty of a supervisor and believes that I am just a regular staff. I have provided already a certificate of employment where my employer mentioned all my duties and responsibilities. It is a small
company and unfortunately it went bankrupt last year I have no longer contact with my employer to asked for another letter explaining detailed duties and responsibilities.
I did wrote an explanation letter but I did not send it yet because I think it not strong enough to convince the VO. I would like to ask for your help what do you think I can add more to my letter to make it more convincing. Thanks in advance

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
empress14 said:
from VO giving me 30 days to send him an explanation letter because he is not convinced that I performed the duty of a supervisor and believes that I am just a regular staff. I have provided already a certificate of employment where my employer mentioned all my duties and responsibilities. It is a small
company and unfortunately it went bankrupt last year I have no longer contact with my employer to asked for another letter explaining detailed duties and responsibilities.
I did wrote an explanation letter but I did not send it yet because I think it not strong enough to convince the VO. I would like to ask for your help what do you think I can add more to my letter to make it more convincing. Thanks in advance
If employer is not available, maybe some other supervisor or even co-worker could help.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
mf4361 said:
There's your problem. CIC uses ESDC data and jobs paying below its minimum are considered ineligible experiences.
Do you have a source for this? CIC states at multiple places that there is no minimum salary requirement for CEC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neorol said:
Do you have a source for this? CIC states at multiple places that there is no minimum salary requirement for CEC.
There's technically no minimum salary requirement. However if someone's salary is far too low, this can cause CIC to question whether that individual is really working at that job level. We've seen refusals here for that reason.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
scylla said:
There's technically no minimum salary requirement. However if someone's salary is far too low, this can cause CIC to question whether that individual is really working at that job level. We've seen refusals here for that reason.
Thank you for your answer. It's really not fair though. If CIC really would care about the wages of immigrants they should regulate the minimum wages what employers must pay. Or warn applicants in advance not to accept those jobs. But realistically, most people with open work permits are not in the situation of negotiating their wage too much. If you ask for more, they just send you away. Employers exploit the situation.

Really not fair...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
neorol said:
Thank you for your answer. It's really not fair though. If CIC really would care about the wages of immigrants they should regulate the minimum wages what employers must pay. Or warn applicants in advance not to accept those jobs. But realistically, most people with open work permits are not in the situation of negotiating their wage too much. If you ask for more, they just send you away. Employers exploit the situation.

Really not fair...
I think part of the problem is that too many applicants in the past have asked their employers to give them manager titles when their duties and pay weren't managerial. Reviewing the salary is one way which CIC uses to determine if the person actually worked the job they are claiming.

If you look earlier in this thread, you'll see that's exactly what happened in one of the cases here:

"The letter state that was being paid $12 and the minimum for assistant manager in retail is $14.50. also my duties match a sales rep more than a manager"

So at least part of the blame rests with applicants who came before you and misrepresented their experience.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
neorol said:

Really not fair...
Hmmm - I think you've missed the point. The "low wage" is suggestive that the applicant is not really performing the higher level position that the applicant is claiming. The applicant isn't refused for a "low wage," they are refused for not performing the skilled work that they claimed. Salary/wage is just one indicator, and would never alone be used to refuse an applicant.

In the OP's case, the problems are numerous - the job duties not only don't match, the the OP claims that the store is too small to have many "clerical" duties - I'm pretty sure there are no clerical duties under managerial NOCs. The store is too small to be a "manager" in the sense described by the NOC. Now the owner is refusing to provide the financial documents. How many red flags are needed? Being "manager" in name only is not going to convince IRCC.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Thanks to both of you for your answers. I think I understand the situation well now.

empress14

Sep 8, 2016
yes thank you for your help I have talked to a lawyer today and he also gave me that advice unfortunately he can't help me more and asked me to go to my consultant make them work..I hope someone can help me to write a letter my NOC 6215.. I'm so stressed right now.. I called my consultant (I paid them 5k to help me with my application) they told me to write a letter I want them to help me with my explanation letter but three weeks had passed already no action, no advice form them
I only have one week left .. They just collected money from me!! I feel so hopeless

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
empress14 said:
You don't need highly detailed "duties and responsibilities," you need the RIGHT duties & responsibilities that correspond with the NOC. Unless you are willing to post the list of duties and responsibilities that were in your original letter, there's not a lot we can offer.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
neorol said:

Really not fair...
Wrong. most managers, particularly skilled type, actually hires with the expertise of the person, and are willing to negotiate wage when you are given a job offer. Some jobs are in higher demand and hence won't budge but this is also true for Canadians. Working under Open WP does not put you in disadvantages.

On the other hand, ESDC data shows the minimum wages of a certain job. If you are given such job lower than the minimum, CIC has the reason that the job is not genuine

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
mf4361 said:
Wrong. most managers, particularly skilled type, actually hires with the expertise of the person, and are willing to negotiate wage when you are given a job offer. Some jobs are in higher demand and hence won't budge but this is also true for Canadians. Working under Open WP does not put you in disadvantages.

On the other hand, ESDC data shows the minimum wages of a certain job. If you are given such job lower than the minimum, CIC has the reason that the job are not genuinely what it is described
Well, my experience is different. If you are on OWP it means you are spouse or PGWP holder and you are an immigrant with mostly no family and help. It puts you into a situation when you need to accept a lower wage in order to survive and stay in the country. Employers know your situation and believe me, there are many who use it against you when they negotiate your wage. All I said was that the ESDC occupational minimum wage should be mandatory for employers when they hire temporary foreign workers.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
neorol said:
Well, my experience is different. If you are on OWP it means you are spouse or PGWP holder and you are an immigrant with mostly no family and help. It puts you into a situation when you need to accept a lower wage in order to survive and stay in the country. Employers know your situation and believe me, there are many who use it against you when they negotiate your wage. All I said was that the ESDC occupational minimum wage should be mandatory for employers when they hire temporary foreign workers.
ESDC don't "set" a minimum for each NOC. that would be like communism. They surveyed a wide range of jobs and gets data from the field. Asking employers to follow ESDC is recursive.

Economy varies a lot by markets so YMMV. If someone wants to hire a skilled worker by exploiting a foreigner with OWP, its probably not a good idea to work for that company anyway