+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misinterpreted question leading to receipt of procedural fairness letter

hose

Feb 15, 2024
Hello everyone,

I recently received a response from IRCC stating that I failed to disclose previous visa refusals from countries other than Canada. This misunderstanding arose from my misinterpretation of the question, as I believed it pertained solely to visa or permit rejections from Canada. How should I address this issue and what materials, informations should I provide?

The response from IRCC reads as follows:

"16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. Specifically, I have concerns that you misrepresented your background information. In the IMM 5257 form you submitted, for question 2b) asking 'Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?' you answered NO. Available information indicates that you did not answer this question truthfully as it appears you have been refused a US visa at least two times. Please also include the following documents in your submission: 1129374619 - Hose Cholo: > Submissions: Submissions - Response to procedural fairness letter. This must be received at this office by: 2024/03/05"

Your assistance in navigating this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I recently received a response from IRCC stating that I failed to disclose previous visa refusals from countries other than Canada. This misunderstanding arose from my misinterpretation of the question, as I believed it pertained solely to visa or permit rejections from Canada. How should I address this issue and what materials, informations should I provide?

The response from IRCC reads as follows:

"16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. Specifically, I have concerns that you misrepresented your background information. In the IMM 5257 form you submitted, for question 2b) asking 'Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?' you answered NO. Available information indicates that you did not answer this question truthfully as it appears you have been refused a US visa at least two times. Please also include the following documents in your submission: 1129374619 - Hose Cholo: > Submissions: Submissions - Response to procedural fairness letter. This must be received at this office by: 2024/03/05"

Your assistance in navigating this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
You should respond and confirm the details of the refusals and also provide an explanation for why you did not declare it.