Minor Study permit expired_ PR application in process: ADR requested

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
My 9 year old minor child study permit expired and still has 1 more month to apply for restoration ( 90 days period) today i got ADR asking for an explanation and i immediately applied for restoration and extension for study permit, explained in details as to why i missed.

What can i expect in this scenario, im so stressed as every thing is cleared except this part.

Note: While applying pr my minor child study permit was well under active status....

@Naturgrl @nature girl

PLEASE HELP ME

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
any one here plz ....
You applied for restoration and extension of study permit so nothing to do. Your child needs to maintain status during PR process so that is why you were asked to do it. PR application may not continue until child has valid status. Nothing to do at this point.

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
I
You applied for restoration and extension of study permit so nothing to do. Your child needs to maintain status during PR process so that is why you were asked to do it. PR application may not continue until child has valid status. Nothing to do at this point.
I applied for restoration and extension of study permit immediately and it is well under 90 days restoration period.

"According to our records, their temporary resident status expired on January 17, 2024 and your dependent child now appear to be a person in Canada without legal temporary resident status. Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. "

will there be an issue ..... im so tensed , i was under wrong impression that i have 90 days to apply expecting PR to come in the mean time .....

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
also, one last question ... was the VO generous and allowed me to apply for restoration and extension rather than rejection ?? could you help me understand this better ,

appreciate your reply,

thanks and Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I

I applied for restoration and extension of study permit immediately and it is well under 90 days restoration period.

"According to our records, their temporary resident status expired on January 17, 2024 and your dependent child now appear to be a person in Canada without legal temporary resident status. Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. "

will there be an issue ..... im so tensed , i was under wrong impression that i have 90 days to apply expecting PR to come in the mean time .....
You let your child’s permit expire. You have to wait for status to be restored now as well as approval of study permit. Nothing to do but wait.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
also, one last question ... was the VO generous and allowed me to apply for restoration and extension rather than rejection ?? could you help me understand this better ,

appreciate your reply,

thanks and Regards
No. You have a PR application under process and everyone’s status must be valid during process.

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
It should not but will take longer since your child lost status.
I’m ok if it is delayed as far as it is not affecting the file …. I can wait for more days ….

I did misunderstood that minors do not need study permit but forgot that she is out of status …

Luckily she does have restoration time and i filed the study permit extension and restoration together yesterday ….

also, I used the previous medical for this permit … is this ok or should I take up another medical for my child ???

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
It should not but will take longer since your child lost status.
Hi,
I just saw on my gc key account saying that WE ARE REVIEWING THE ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS U UPLOADED ….

is there some thing I need to worry

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
No. It means they received the documents they asked for.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.... i have been following you and taking ur words since my study visa in 2021 ... u r always there to leave a message ....
Keep doing the great work...

Regards

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
Hi
Just now got an update on the GC KEY

Final Decision: April 16, 2024, your file is in prgoress

Called IRCC agent and he said every thing is pass and completed,

is this confirmation of PR ??