+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

minor applying for parents?

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
hey there, Actually my parents came in canada 15 years ago. They were PR but they left country and never came back so there PR status is not valid now. But my younger sister who is canadian citizen by birth is here now. She came 1 month ago after her birth for the first time.I am here elder sister who was also PR before but lost my PR due to residency obligation and now I am on work permit. Now, my question is can my younger sister who is 15 years old:
can she invite our parents to canada (visitor visa)?
or can our parents apply for visitor visa to meet my younger sister?
or is there any other way that my parents can come. is there any better option rather than visitor visa.
Thankyou

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey there, Actually my parents came in canada 15 years ago. They were PR but they left country and never came back so there PR status is not valid now. But my younger sister who is canadian citizen by birth is here now. She came 1 month ago after her birth for the first time.I am here elder sister who was also PR before but lost my PR due to residency obligation and now I am on work permit. Now, my question is can my younger sister who is 15 years old:
or is there any other way that my parents can come. is there any better option rather than visitor visa.
Thankyou
Only you can invite them to come as visitors.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unless they have actually had their PR revoked, they are still PRs. They could try entering at a land border with the US if that’s the case. Otherwise they will need a PRTD to try and return, and after 15 years, that’s probably unlikely. Unfortunately, they aren’t eligible for a TRV unless they renounce their PR status. And even at that, a 15 year old isn’t eligible to sponsor them in any way really, citizen or not.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou
Did your parents renounce their PR? Just because it is no longer valid doesn’t mean they are still PRs. They would have had to renounce their PR. If they didn’t then they can’t apply for a visitor visa.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Did your parents renounce their PR? Just because it is no longer valid doesn’t mean they are still PRs. They would have had to renounce their PR. If they didn’t then they can’t apply for a visitor visa.
they will renounce pr. but my question id that my sister who is minor can’t invite them through visitor visa? can my parents apply by themselves that our younger sister is missing us we want to go to see her for 2 weeks?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
they will renounce pr. but my question id that my sister who is minor can’t invite them through visitor visa? can my parents apply by themselves that our younger sister is missing us we want to go to see her for 2 weeks?
Renouncing PR takes quite a while. Then they need to get approved for a visitor visa which may be a challenge…so many ties to Canada. So your minor sister is in Canada? If she isn’t living in Canada, she can’t invite them.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Renouncing PR takes quite a while. Then they need to get approved for a visitor visa which may be a challenge…so many ties to Canada. So your minor sister is in Canada? If she isn’t living in Canada, she can’t invite them.
my minor sister is in canada. will here age affect that she can’t send invitation to them. they have a strong ties. they are doing government job. so obviously they are going back to india.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my minor sister is in canada. will here age affect that she can’t send invitation to them. they have a strong ties. they are doing government job. so obviously they are going back to india.
Honestly focus on renouncing PR first as that is a whole process. It will take months. She can send a letter but given your whole family is in Canada and they renounced PR, an approved visitor visa may be difficult. Having a minor child living in Canada and parents not with her will show that they may not leave.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Honestly focus on renouncing PR first as that is a whole process. It will take months. She can send a letter but given your whole family is in Canada and they renounced PR, an approved visitor visa may be difficult.
can’t my parents apply for renunciation of Pr and visitor visa at same time.
because when i applied study visa. I didn’t renounce PR. They send me additional request afterwards to fill the form of voluntarily renounce PR. and after a week they approved my study visa.
Can they apply renunciation and visitor visa at same time.