+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum IELTS Score Required ?

jaswanthca

Feb 24, 2013
Hi..,

I am planning to take IELTS for studying in Canada, What is the minimum band required to get Admission in Canada ?
And which place is better ? My friends suggesting Torento ? please give your valuable suggestions.

Thank you.

Venkat Sudeep

Apr 19, 2013
yes 6.0 is the minimum score which u need for ielts, and if ur fluent with english thats not a hard one to get.

and yes most of the people suggest toronto, because it is the most happening, culturally and economically stong with lots of partimes(may be)
but u should also have a look at other places such as saskatchewan which has 2-3 univs U of Saskatchewan is a really good one..
the province is economically running forward with its uranium and other export creating employment. U have better PR(Perminent Residence)
options here i think which u can get easily when compared to others, if u r looking for it.

British columbia is also a good option.

jaswanthca

Feb 24, 2013
Thanks a lottttt Venkat & EliJustin,

Appreciate your help :) God Bless You guys, and venkat yes am planning for PR as well, actually i already have 3 year of good IT experience after my education i wanna get into software field and finally PR.

And venkat bro, seems you are currently in Canada only, may i know you went from ? actually i am from Andhra Pradesh, india.

jaswanthca

Feb 24, 2013
We have to get 6.0 in each module or overall 6.0 is good ?, of course i am trying hard to get even more.
Friends can you please conform.

Venkat Sudeep

Apr 19, 2013
Hiii Jaswanthca, I did my research all through the web and an uncle of mine who stays in Toronto, I applied recently and i got admission into Windsor for ece.
and also I have taken ielts twice,
First time i got 6.5(overall which is sufficient) but in writing i got 5.5 so in this AUCC web site where u have all the info http://www.aucc.ca/

where some univs tell u need to have 6 above in each band,
so i took 2nd time and got 7.5(overall) and 6 above it is a good score, just get above 6 in each band if u want an admission, hahaha no bargaining, and its easy to get that. :) all the best buddy.

jaswanthca

Feb 24, 2013
Hi Venkat,

Really thanks a lottttt for the information, very much helpful for me.
You cleared most of my doubts, but i want few questions regarding finance and alll, can you share your email id, so that i can communicate with you.

Thanks for your help, my best regards Always...

jaykpatel0074

Dec 16, 2015
i got 5.5 overall band in academic so i am eligible for canada ? please tall me fast . [thank you]

writing-4.5
speaking-6.0
listening-5.5
reading-5.5

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jaykpatel0074 said:
i got 5.5 overall band in academic so i am eligible for canada ? please tall me fast . [thank you]

writing-4.5
speaking-6.0
listening-5.5
reading-5.5
No - too low.

If you want to attend college, you need to score a minimum of 5.5 in each of the four categories. If you want to attend university, you need a minimum of 6 in each of the four categories.

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Most universities ask for 6 score in all four categories so aim for that.

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
Tikushikha said:
Most universities ask for 6 score in all four categories so aim for that.
if you aim for high, then only you can touch the sky.
instead of motivating him to try hard, you are telling to aim for 6.
anyone can get7 easily.

Shahid malik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Winnipeg MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
7-2-2018
AOR Received.
20 -03-2018
Med's Request
28-March
Med's Done....
04-April 2018 and passed 13 April
neerav said:
if you aim for high, then only you can touch the sky.
instead of motivating him to try hard, you are telling to aim for 6.
anyone can get7 easily.
Interesting