+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military record for visitor visa

Solarvaala

May 25, 2024
It is something absurd asking these detail from a person who has retired 20 years. How does he expected to remember everything like place of posting name of COs and duties done 35 years back. Assuming they are doing background check. How ? No one will them access to official records. Now worst they give you limited time visa and every time you reapply after visit they again ask these details. Do they not trust their own background checks done earlier or expect persons again joins and perform duties after vist. Any one who has visited canada number of times again put in this cycle on the other hand canada is heaven for all criminals of other countries who seek political asylum. Background check is never done for human right violators but for veterns who served their nation are treated like this

Solarvaala

May 25, 2024
Yes, there needs to be more transparency. Give a Visa or don't give a Visa. Why so much time in background verification check? In our case was of renewal and as an individual my father's status has not changed in anyway. No response even to Web Form after 28 days. It's like we all are in 'Doldrums'.
They will keep doing these every time you apply itespective of fact that 20 years old record can not change

deepbahu

May 13, 2024
They will keep doing these every time you apply irrespective of fact that 20 years old record can not change
Okay- you want to take take information every time take it, but don't keep people in limbo for months. I think they still have discriminatory attitude towards third world countries and especially military personnel. I agree back ground check never done for actual human right violators, but, for veterans who have earnestly served their nation are seen with suspicion as if they are big human right violators. This is really pathetic and illogical..

Last edited:

AhmedT

May 28, 2024
I applied for my parents visitor visa in June 2023 (father retired military background retired in 2002), , IRCC asked for ADR of military service details in Aug 2023 (submitted within a week), and there is no response / update since then, can anyone guide what steps i can take to expedite or check application status? its just a visit visa and they are taking way too much time.

MoodyCanAda

Aug 11, 2023
I applied for my parents visitor visa in June 2023 (father retired military background retired in 2002), , IRCC asked for ADR of military service details in Aug 2023 (submitted within a week), and there is no response / update since then, can anyone guide what steps i can take to expedite or check application status? its just a visit visa and they are taking way too much time.
Same Case
Applied: 4 June 2024
ADR: 11 Sep 2024 (Submitted 12 Sep 2024)
No update & response since then ....
Wrt your expedite: There is no possibility/ procedure to get a speedy response / outcome.
What steps to take:
1) Keep raising webforms after regular intervals, i normally raise after 1.5 to 2 months (but seldom get response)
2) Find who is your MP... Write an email asking about application exceeded normal processing time....
3) Have patience ...
4) Keep praying ...
Check application status: From IRCC Tracker you can check status....

Last edited:

AhmedT

May 28, 2024
Same Case
Applied: 4 June 2024
ADR: 11 Sep 2024 (Submitted 12 Sep 2024)
No update & response since then ....
Wrt your expedite: There is no possibility/ procedure to get a speedy response / outcome.
What steps to take:
1) Keep raising webforms after regular intervals, i normally raise after 1.5 to 2 months (but seldom get response)
2) Find who is your MP... Write an email asking about application exceeded normal processing time....
3) Have patience ...
4) Keep praying ...
Check application status: From IRCC Tracker you can check status....
thanks for the response. I did raised webform last week and got response within 2 days, they mentioned that currently we don't need any document and application is in processing, some complex application takes more time than usual and if you submitted application before July 2021, only then withdraw and re-submit the application again, otherwise wait for now.
Does checking from MP with IRCC really helps? since our case seems to be taking more time due to military background check, i wonder if MP can extract more information on the case or delay?
Moreover, the IRCC tracker, it doesn't show anything, it just mentions the start date i.e. June 2023.I applied through https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en , is this the new portal or old?

MoodyCanAda

Aug 11, 2023
thanks for the response. I did raised webform last week and got response within 2 days, they mentioned that currently we don't need any document and application is in processing, some complex application takes more time than usual and if you submitted application before July 2021, only then withdraw and re-submit the application again, otherwise wait for now.
Does checking from MP with IRCC really helps? since our case seems to be taking more time due to military background check, i wonder if MP can extract more information on the case or delay?
Moreover, the IRCC tracker, it doesn't show anything, it just mentions the start date i.e. June 2023.I applied through https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en , is this the new portal or old?
New i believe, since I haven't used any other portal...
Yup MP can just give the update, in my case at least he confirmed that criminality etc passed ... and BG in progress,,, so gave me hope that one day, I will get ....

AhmedT

May 28, 2024
New i believe, since I haven't used any other portal...
Yup MP can just give the update, in my case at least he confirmed that criminality etc passed ... and BG in progress,,, so gave me hope that one day, I will get ....
thanks i will check with MP, do you know how to contact MP? is it through taking an appointment or just emailing them? from which country did your parents applied visit visa?