+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wooera said:
@ Dattad your wife apply for multly entry, or single entry?
She applied for Multiple Entry and got it, no problem. The Visa was given for little more than a year.
Just make sure you document the invitation letter and provide the copy of the sponsorship approval.
Employment verification for both will be very helpful.

Please work hard on the TRV App, if you feel you must write a 10 page letter, do it, but give as much detail as possible, it is worth.

All the best you guys, we all will soon hear good news.
This is the month, or perhaps the next :p

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Thanks so much Dattad hopefully God can hear you I really need to hear some good news

epcortek

Jul 2, 2010
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-26-2011
File Transfer...
05-24-2011
working on getting 10 posts

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
islenio said:
Hello,

Did you guys translate the state and federal police certificate for the application?

Thanks

Islenio

mrandmrsromero said:
Hi Tarnen. From what I've been reading elsewhere on this forum, it really seems to be a total crapshoot as to whether a TRV will be granted while a PRV is in process. Some VO's seem much less inclined to grant TRV's than others. I think I recall reading earlier on in this thread that @ NAFTA [please jump in to correct me if I'm mistaken!] was refused a TRV before applying for PRV due to bad lawyerly advice; and then while in process was refused a TRV once again even though an illness was involved! And yet, others were granted a TRV with no problem. Once again, it would appear that the standard, highly unsatisfactory answer of "it depends" applies ...?!

Islenio, I didn't have my birth certificate or police certificates translated. In fact the one thing I had translated (poorly done, by the way) was a letter from me mum. No official document of ours was translated.

Tarnen, I was denied a TRV before applying for PR. We were ready to apply for PR but then my wife became seriously ill. A month later, it was clear that she wasn't gonna be well enough to work on the paperwork anytime soon, so we decided to try for a TRV. Even though we had tons of medical evidence, including letters from physicians stating the strong possibility of major surgery, and even though I applied on an emergency basis, they still took 17 days to reply with a no. Now, I know I must've looked like a high risk to CIC because of my history, so I should say: if you have a clean travel history (e.g., if you have a U.S. visa), then go for it.

Congrats, Genevieve!

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
mrandmrsromero said:
@ NAFTA: Welcome to Canada !!! :D Glad to hear the landing process went relatively smoothly. Always nice to read good news. Congrats!

My husband and I are hanging in. After the shock wore off from the latest request, I guess we've just accepted that our app will take even longer than we thought, but it will all work out when its supposed to. I get the general sense that Mexico VO is slowing down -- saw some posts on CIC Mexico about additonal security measures related to escalating drug crime problems; so am thinking perhaps background checks are going to take a little longer for everyone. Who knows really ... it is what it is.

I am in Toronto (for now -- looks like we're heading west after my husband lands). Did you settle in Hamilton? What type of work are you looking for? Are you planning to commute? Workopolis and temp agencies are a good place to start if you are looking for office work, medical jobs etc. Employment Ontario might also be a good resource to help connect you with whatever stream of employment you are interested in. I think there is also an agency called COSTI that helps new immigrants find jobs/career paths.
Thanks, mrandmrsromero. We are in Hamilton because we have family here, but staying is not in the cards. We both want to live and work in Toronto. As a musician, me wife needs to be in the big city. As you know, the GTA isn't exactly hopping with job opportunities (or more accurately, competition is fierce), so who knows. Are you guys going to Calgary, maybe? We're thinking about it. Apparently, the labour shortages over there are still something.
IT is my field and I'm looking through Workopolis now and still looking at CL, Kijiji and Monster. In fact, my first interview is tomorrow! It's probably going to be barely above entry level, but it's a start. I've never had any problem moving up at the workplace and it won't be any different for my older, more mature self ;-P

Wishing you a prompt tattoo review + PPR

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Hi Nafta
Sorry for my inconvinience question but what kind of bad travel history did you have? if is possible to shre with us thanks

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
wooera said:
Hi Nafta
Sorry for my inconvinience question but what kind of bad travel history did you have? if is possible to shre with us thanks
Just the usual: stayed without status. Something that didn't help me at all when applying for the TRV was that I moved back to Mexico so that there wouldn't any issues when requesting police certificates or in case of an interview. This meant that I had no permanent ties at the time -- no job, no property -- because I had just left all that behind in the U.S. I can see why they denied me, but I had to try given the illness.

M

mrandmrsromero

NAFTA.couple said:
Just the usual: stayed without status. Something that didn't help me at all when applying for the TRV was that I moved back to Mexico so that there wouldn't any issues when requesting police certificates or in case of an interview. This meant that I had no permanent ties at the time -- no job, no property -- because I had just left all that behind in the U.S. I can see why they denied me, but I had to try given the illness.
That pretty much sums up my husband's story. Although he does have a job and a lot of family in Mexico, we always figured that a TRV app would likely be turned down in light of his former lack of status in the US. At various stages throughout the process we have thought about trying for a TRV despite that obstacle, but in the end decided there is really no point when we are (hopefully) in the last stages of the PRV.

Yes I've heard the same about the labour shortage in Alberta (as well as the prairies).

As for the tattoo review; well, as Huron mentioned, it is very likely a situation where they are ruling out a similar name/date of birth scenario. My husband's name is very common, but his records are totally clear so I guess its just a matter of time to get through the security/background checks.

Good luck on your interview tomorrow! I'm sure you will do great!

M

mrandmrsromero

Have any of you received responses to your inquiries with the embassy? Still nothing on our side. Hoping our file does not sit collecting dust for the entire 30-day deadline they gave us to submit the photos. Ugh.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
not any answers to inquiries, my sister works for EF wich is a company that does english courses abroad, she has to go toTorionto on july 13 with a grrup of 15 kids, and they do the visa tramit in Mexico city in the embassy, she told me that everyday is lines and lines of pleople aplaying for the tourist visa, because summer vacations are close, I know you apply via VAC for the tourist visa but an the end the officers are the ones who checks the applications, so i thought MAYBE thats the reason cause they are taking sooooooooooo long, they must have lots and lots of work, maybe im wrong and they have another officers in charge exclusively for permanent residences, I dont know but i just want to think in positive answers

M

mrandmrsromero

According to trackitt, our file is now 264 days pending. :'(
trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

And yet...a glimmer of hope remains for June LOL.

M

mrandmrsromero

Well, a mini-meltdown has driven me to:

1. Order CAIPS
2. Email my MP
3. Send a fax to CSIS basically asking, what up?
4. Look up one way flight deals to Mexico.

All of which may result in nothing except make me feel better for having done *something*.

C'mon June. Or July even. Let's get this done!!! Please?

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
I know the feeling :(

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Well, a mini-meltdown has driven me to:

1. Order CAIPS
2. Email my MP
3. Send a fax to CSIS basically asking, what up?
4. Look up one way flight deals to Mexico.

All of which may result in nothing except make me feel better for having done *something*.

C'mon June. Or July even. Let's get this done!!! Please?
Don't worry, I did the first 2, it does make you feel better! Is there anything you can highlight in the meantime? Go June!

portugalpat

Sep 3, 2010
I have been approved as a sponsor for my Mexican Husband in April 2011. According to our status online, the application has 'been received' whatever that means.

Although unxpected, we have found out we are having a baby in December. We are happy about this but EXTREMELY anxious as I am alone with no support here in Canada. Is there ANYTHING that I can do to get him here in the meantime while we wait. I cannot move to Mexico as it is financial suicide for both of us, and here I will have a maternity pay.

I know there is compassionate grounds for a visa IN Canada, but is there anything if he is OUT of Canada? Any help would be much appreciated!
I also know that that a visitors visa will most likely be rejected on the basis of dual intent because he does not have enough ties to Mexico to prove he will leave Canada, especially with a pregnant wife.