05/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/18/2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
06/08/2015
Hey .

Just eanted to share the good news, my husband was able to do his landing while here in canada ( he was here on visitors visa) , officially done with this process, thank you to all of you for the support. Any help please let us know. We are here to help.

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I am wanting to start with my husbands police certificates but I am a little confused what the website requests...
"You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:"
When do I have to provide "the following"? When they ask for it? Do I do it without them telling me? Where do I send "the following"?
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME IM LOST! :(

If you live outside of Mexico:

You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:

1. Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:
    • rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
    • full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
    • the name and address of the police agency where the fingerprints were taken
    • the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints and the client’s signature
    Note: Please make sure the name on fingerprint forms is the same as the one in the passport bio-page or photo ID. Fingerprint forms should not have anything crossed out or amendments.

To have your fingerprints taken:
    • In Canada: Contact a fingerprinting agency, or visit your local police station.
    • In any other country: Visit your local police station. In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you.
  2. Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered – no exceptions)
  3. Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered – no exceptions)
  4. One clear, legible copy of your passport bio-page (with your picture and full name)
  5. Quote your file number, name of visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is being processed, your full name and date of birth.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
What are listed as ''Red flag''?
big age gap, different religion/background, education, previous marriages, no kids together, quick marriage...

Reactions: msb

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
Just popping in! I haven’t been on here in ages and I am seeing so many people receiving ppr and it looks so quick!! Ours took exactly one year, and my husband has been in Canada nearly two years, and we have an almost one year old son! The process seems so much faster than before, the liberal government kept their word on something

Congrats everybody who’s been approved recently, it’s such a strenuous process but it’s worth it in the end!

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

Does anyone who has been following Mexico VO for a while know the average order of things, and average processing times? I know everything varies a ton but am wondering if there are any overarching trends?
We are at 6 months now since we submitted our application, AOR2 on December 6th, and got medical request a couple weeks ago because we had submitted a medical upfront but it expired in October (we had this from a study permit application already but it expired early in this sponsorship process since we had our application sent back the first time and time had passed etc..). From looking at the spreadsheet I see that most of you had medicals requested before your application was sent to the VO. Has anyone else had medical requested in by Mexico?
Cheers!

Reactions: krouss

GZ

Apr 14, 2017
Long time is right! I am not going to make any more predictions about when this is going to end. I will keep chugging along and keep pestering the VO and my MP when it seems appropriate. I don't know what else to do. We'll see if the GCMS notes say about this interview business. My partner quit his job and his last day is on February 8. He is going to get his life together back home and then hopefully come here in March. We'll have to figure out proof that he still has ties back home ... he's got a bunch of pets there and leave his bank accounts intact maybe. If they still haven't told him what the interview status is by then, he'll just have to take the chance of having to go back. Can't put our lives on hold much longer ... we have waited long enough. Lucky he is from a visa-exempt country so he just needs the eTA to come to Canada.

Hopefully your husband gets his passport back soon and his coPR so he can land! You must be a little frustrated also!
I know your pain we've been in this process for almost 15 months. They took a while with us too. Looks like I got approved we're just waiting for the email to confirm it. Hold on and keep pushing through.

GZ

Apr 14, 2017
Hey , yes we sent passport last friday jan 5th , it arrived at the mexico embassy on monday 8th and got it back Jan 15th. Took only one wekk!!!
Omg that's awesome! I'm so happy for you!
I have a quick question, did you send your passport to the visa section of the embassy in Mexico?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I know your pain we've been in this process for almost 15 months. They took a while with us too. Looks like I got approved we're just waiting for the email to confirm it. Hold on and keep pushing through.
Hey thanks! Glad you are almost done. Trying not to think about the end. Just have to take it one step at a time.

Reactions: GZ

krouss

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
I got AOR2 from Mexico on November 24th... and still no news about background check being in process... is that normal? I see people that got their AOR2 after me and already have the background process row changing in their ECAS. I got my medical and Schedule A before the AOR2.

Thank you if any have insights :)

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Hi guys

I am new in this forum.
I am waiting on my PR too. I am from Mexico City.

We applied inland. Our application was received on DEC 2, 2016
We are still waiting. I already sent my medical exams and it was successful. They have been processing my background check since May. And nothing else... they just say they do not need an interview yet and if they need my fingerprints they will tell me. My eligibility hasn't started yet. I think they are backed up... is someone with a similar case?
I really miss Mexico and my grandma, she is getting old and I just want to go to see her.

Last edited:

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
I got AOR2 from Mexico on November 24th... and still no news about background check being in process... is that normal? I see people that got their AOR2 after me and already have the background process row changing in their ECAS. I got my medical and Schedule A before the AOR2.

Thank you if any have insights :)
It's normal. Some applications will get processed faster than others. Some officers do not update the background check field until the end. Since you got AOR2 a couple of months ago, I think it would be a good time to request for GCMS notes.

The notes will tell you more about the current situation of your app (hopefully).

Even if you mentioned that some people got AOR2 after you and got their background check started, that does not mean they will get through the process before you.

Some people will see this as a "possible interview being required", sure it could be but again only the notes will give you more information.

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Hi guys

I am new in this forum.
I am waiting on my PR too. I am from Mexico City.

We applied inland. Our application was received on DEC 2, 2017
We are still waiting. I already sent my medical exams and it was successful. They have been processing my background check since May. And nothing else... they just say they do not need an interview yet and if they need my fingerprints they will tell me. My eligibility hasn't started yet. I think they are backed up... is someone with a similar case?
I really miss Mexico and my grandma, she is getting old and I just want to go to see her.
Some people who have had interviews have reported that the field that says "an interview is not required" never changes or it changes right when they get an interview date. Basically, you will know if you need an interview by email before seeing anything online. Mexico VO has been backed up for a while now, some people are still waiting from early 2017.