+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

bonbon9 said:
No problem! ;)

Other than getting some quesadillas, tamales, enchiladas, pozole (omg how I miss those.. yum) there is nothing else I can suggest. They requested my passport a few weeks after my parents dropped off the Constancia at the Embassy. So no more paperwork from me :)

Good luck!!
My husband had the police certificate instruction letter waiting for him when he arrived home this evening! NEXT!!!! :)

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
If anyone's interested, according to trackitt, it took 159 days from application to PPR for our case :)

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mrandmrsromero said:
Hey Bonbon, I am in Toronto too! Thank you so much for the tip. My husband is living in Mexico City while we wait out the process. I will pass this info along to him right away. I am going to be in Mexico City visiting him for a couple of weeks in March so if there is anything else you suggest we should be doing at the embassy or elsewhere while we are in the same city at the same time (!) I would greatly appreciate it. Anything to speed this up ....
Hi Like bonbon for me took about 8 weeks approx. to get the letter in the mail they sent it for regular mail the important thing here is that you need the original letter to get the police certificate you can take the risk and tell your husband to go to the embassy and ask for the letter again so he can do it faster and you save some time if it does not work I recommend you to wait for the letter before you travel to Mexico unless somebody can check your mail in Canada the PGR wont give you the police certificate without the petition from the Embassy. My personal experience I was in Mexico when my partner got the letter in Canada so I just went to the Embassy and they gave me another one the same day I requested. In the PGR is fast the process if you have all they request it took for me 8 working days to get the letter. Let me know if you need more info. Good luck!

M

mrandmrsromero

GT25 said:
Hi Like bonbon for me took about 8 weeks approx. to get the letter in the mail they sent it for regular mail the important thing here is that you need the original letter to get the police certificate you can take the risk and tell your husband to go to the embassy and ask for the letter again so he can do it faster and you save some time if it does not work I recommend you to wait for the letter before you travel to Mexico unless somebody can check your mail in Canada the PGR wont give you the police certificate without the petition from the Embassy. My personal experience I was in Mexico when my partner got the letter in Canada so I just went to the Embassy and they gave me another one the same day I requested. In the PGR is fast the process if you have all they request it took for me 8 working days to get the letter. Let me know if you need more info. Good luck!
My husband is in Mexico now and all correspondence regarding the PR application is going to him at his address there. The letter had arrived in the mail when he got home last night (yay!) He is taking the original letter in today to get the police certificate process started. Hoping it goes fast from here! Thanks for your advice.

M

mrandmrsromero

jendrian said:
If anyone's interested, according to trackitt, it took 159 days from application to PPR for our case :)
That is so great! We are now at 142 days on Trackitt ...

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mrandmrsromero said:
My husband is in Mexico now and all correspondence regarding the PR application is going to him at his address there. The letter had arrived in the mail when he got home last night (yay!) He is taking the original letter in today to get the police certificate process started. Hoping it goes fast from here! Thanks for your advice.
Oh then that is even better he will get the PGR letter pretty soon. Good Luck

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone tell me, how long between dropping off police certs at Embassy in Mexico City and next contact from the Embassy?

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
i got my PPR about 20 days after dropping off the carta de antecedentes registrales at the embassy personally.

BTW. I got my visa! :D

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
If anyone's interested to know what happens at the embassy, I detailed it in the September thread

But it's basically that you will hand in your passport between 8-11 AM (Mon-Thu, they don't receive them on friday), at which point they will give you a little slip of paper with an embassy stamp saying to go back at 2 PM. You must bring two official IDs, your passport and another one to pick up your passport.

When you go back at 2 PM, you'll be asked almost right away to give the slip with your ID, and then go back to the waiting room and wait for like an hour and a half to be called to get your visa. They will also give you back any additional stuff you submitted for them, like my wedding/honeymoon pictures, and a couple passport sized pictures they asked for but didn't use, along with a HUGE envelope containing form IMM 5292, which is the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) for you and every approved accompanying member.

Your CPR is pretty important, you MUST have it handy when you arrive at the Port Of Entry (POE), and it must be as is as when you were given it, because the immigration officer needs to see you physically sign it.

This package I was given will also be sent to you through mail if you don't go directly, but it'll take longer.

I set me as "landed" already for March 11, because I have my ticket and no intention of being late to the Cancun airport.

Good luck everybody!!

M

mrandmrsromero

jendrian said:
If anyone's interested to know what happens at the embassy, I detailed it in the September thread

But it's basically that you will hand in your passport between 8-11 AM (Mon-Thu, they don't receive them on friday), at which point they will give you a little slip of paper with an embassy stamp saying to go back at 2 PM. You must bring two official IDs, your passport and another one to pick up your passport.

When you go back at 2 PM, you'll be asked almost right away to give the slip with your ID, and then go back to the waiting room and wait for like an hour and a half to be called to get your visa. They will also give you back any additional stuff you submitted for them, like my wedding/honeymoon pictures, and a couple passport sized pictures they asked for but didn't use, along with a HUGE envelope containing form IMM 5292, which is the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) for you and every approved accompanying member.

Your CPR is pretty important, you MUST have it handy when you arrive at the Port Of Entry (POE), and it must be as is as when you were given it, because the immigration officer needs to see you physically sign it.

This package I was given will also be sent to you through mail if you don't go directly, but it'll take longer.

I set me as "landed" already for March 11, because I have my ticket and no intention of being late to the Cancun airport.

Good luck everybody!!
Thanks for this post - it helps a lot to know what lies ahead!

Another question: at what point/how does the embassy let the applicant know whether an interview is required/waived?

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
well if you're asked for your passport to finalize the application, the interview has been waived.

Think of it this way: if you don't NEED to be at the embassy, the interview has been waived.

I went because I thought of it this way: "2 weeks + shipping times for sending it, or 4-6 hours (it was 7) in Mexico city and I come back with it in my hand"

Plus, the lady that handed me the documents seemed just as happy as I was about handing me the visa, it's really nice to see someone else so happy about it.

M

mrandmrsromero

jendrian said:
well if you're asked for your passport to finalize the application, the interview has been waived.

Think of it this way: if you don't NEED to be at the embassy, the interview has been waived.

I went because I thought of it this way: "2 weeks + shipping times for sending it, or 4-6 hours (it was 7) in Mexico city and I come back with it in my hand"

Plus, the lady that handed me the documents seemed just as happy as I was about handing me the visa, it's really nice to see someone else so happy about it.
Definitely. My husband plans to go in person as well when the time comes. We are very much looking forward to experiencing the happiness (and relief) of having the PRV in hand! Congrats again.

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
haha, welcome can_visa

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
canda said:
Mexicana is that problem just through Buffalo? We are waiting for them to send us a letter requesting us to get our federal police certificate in Mexico city and at the moment we are living in Mexico.
[/quote

Yes, it's only a problem if your address is listed as being outside of Mexico.

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
jendrian said:

Good luck everybody!!

Congratulations I'm so happy for you!!!! Hope my come soon I dropped my PGR letter last thursday I don't know if I would go there or just send my passpor what you did sounds good I might just go and have some tacosssss there!