Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
GT25 said:
We are in the same situation I've been in Canada since 2008 I have my address here and they asked me to provide the letter, I guess they don't know what they are doing sometimes!!!

GT25 so whats your timeline ???? i been here since 2008 , 1st application was denied , went thru an appeal and now its being re-rpocessed since sept thats why i joined the september applicants group.

they received my application in Mexico City on November and started processing it in late november.

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mikeyvr said:
GT25 so whats your timeline ???? i been here since 2008 , 1st application was denied , went thru an appeal and now its being re-rpocessed since sept thats why i joined the september applicants group.

they received my application in Mexico City on November and started processing it in late november.
[/quote

I started on September they got my file in mexico city In october I got an aor in December they requested the police letter in december but I got the letter in late January I'm bringing th e police clearAnce today in ecad say s that they started processing my app in January 5. I also have lived in canada since 2008 I have a work permit I applied in 2009 in skilled worker category which I withdrawn months before I started this family class app

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mikeyvr said:

[/quote

I started on September they got my file in mexico city In october I got an aor in December they requested the police letter in december but I got the letter in late January I'm bringing th e police clearAnce today in ecad say s that they started processing my app in January 5. I also have lived in canada since 2008 I have a work permit I applied in 2009 in skilled worker category which I withdrawn months before I started this family class app

M

mrandmrsromero

We received an acknowledgment of receipt letter by email on February 4. For those of you applying outland from Mexico City - how long did it take from the time you received acknowlegement until you received a letter with instructions for obtaining police certificates? Did you get the police certificate request by email or regular mail?

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
mrandmrsromero said:
We received an acknowledgment of receipt letter by email on February 4. For those of you applying outland from Mexico City - how long did it take from the time you received acknowlegement until you received a letter with instructions for obtaining police certificates? Did you get the police certificate request by email or regular mail?
I received it through mail (snailmail) 5 weeks after I received AOR (I'm in Toronto) :S

My suggestion is: If you're able to travel to Mexico City to get the Constancia yourself you should visit the Embassy and request the police certificate request letter to them, just like GT25 did. It will save you some time as you never know how soon the letter will arrive.

M

mrandmrsromero

bonbon9 said:
I received it through mail (snailmail) 5 weeks after I received AOR (I'm in Toronto) :S

My suggestion is: If you're able to travel to Mexico City to get the Constancia yourself you should visit the Embassy and request the police certificate request letter to them, just like GT25 did. It will save you some time as you never know how soon the letter will arrive.
Hey Bonbon, I am in Toronto too! Thank you so much for the tip. My husband is living in Mexico City while we wait out the process. I will pass this info along to him right away. I am going to be in Mexico City visiting him for a couple of weeks in March so if there is anything else you suggest we should be doing at the embassy or elsewhere while we are in the same city at the same time (!) I would greatly appreciate it. Anything to speed this up ....

canda

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21 2010
Doc's Request.
Requested constancia Feb 16th 2011
AOR Received.
February 2 2011
File Transfer...
November 19 2010
Med's Request
they have our meds
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 8 2011
LANDED..........
March 13 2011
We applied outland mexico city as well. We received our AOR Feb2nd and received a letter through mail regarding the constancia Feb 17th. Hope that helps

M

mrandmrsromero

canda said:
We applied outland mexico city as well. We received our AOR Feb2nd and received a letter through mail regarding the constancia Feb 17th. Hope that helps
Canda, did you get your AOR by email or regular post? We received AOR by email. The email said a copy of that would also be coming by regular post. Still haven't received it.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Hey Bonbon, I am in Toronto too! Thank you so much for the tip. My husband is living in Mexico City while we wait out the process. I will pass this info along to him right away. I am going to be in Mexico City visiting him for a couple of weeks in March so if there is anything else you suggest we should be doing at the embassy or elsewhere while we are in the same city at the same time (!) I would greatly appreciate it. Anything to speed this up ....
No problem! ;)

Other than getting some quesadillas, tamales, enchiladas, pozole (omg how I miss those.. yum) there is nothing else I can suggest. They requested my passport a few weeks after my parents dropped off the Constancia at the Embassy. So no more paperwork from me :)

Good luck!!

M

mrandmrsromero

bonbon9 said:
No problem! ;)

Other than getting some quesadillas, tamales, enchiladas, pozole (omg how I miss those.. yum) there is nothing else I can suggest. They requested my passport a few weeks after my parents dropped off the Constancia at the Embassy. So no more paperwork from me :)

Good luck!!
Ok so...you just made me extremely hungry! I will definitely be arriving in Mexico with a hearty appetite with that menu in mind :)
That aside, in the meantime, I will just try to be optimistic that it won't take too long to get the Constancia! Here's hoping!!!

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Just got my PPR!! :D

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
GT25 said:
mikeyvr said:

[/quote

I havent been able to work since 2008 , so living on savings and with my wifes income , not good :(

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mikeyvr said:
I havent been able to work since 2008 , so living on savings and with my wifes income , not good :(
Well I hope you soon get you permanent residence we keep in touch!! good luck

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
jendrian said:
Just got my PPR!! :D
bonbon9 said:
No problem! ;)
Good luck!!
Wow! September people are finally seeing the end.