+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
JAMO1973 said:
I have a few questions about the permanent residency process. My wife and I are close to finishing putting our package together and I would like to check a few things. My first concern is my part the sponsor. I have a letter from my mother saying that we are welcome to stay with my parents when we go to Canada and that they will supply food, gas, car etc. Is that enought proof of intent to return or what else could I get? It's not reasonable to rent a place there until we know about the visa. Also I can't get a job offer as I have been away for 6 years. Is there anything else or is the letter from my mother enough? Also as I have been living and working outside of Canada and considered a non-resident, I have not paid income tax. Do I need a letter or tax receipt from where I am working here in Mexico? Also on the form I need to fill out to get the medical exam done it asks for the processing office. Do we put Mississauga or Mexico City?
Not sure about the tax stuff. But regarding your intent to move back to Canada if the sponsorship is approved, just provide what you can. You can also write in a letter in your own words stating what your plans are for life, why you want to live in Canada etc... For the medical thing, I believe it would be Mexico City.

Lgc1

Mar 23, 2014
I got a request for my RPRF and PGR on April 2014

I sent my RPRF payment and police certificate from Mexico on May28 2014 to the CPC in Ottawa any idea how much longer it will be for my PR?

Started my application October 2013 family sponsorship

brunolauze

May 20, 2014
We got Confirmation today. 8) 8)
We applied January 15th.
We sent our PGR/RCMP on June 2nd, got our PPR Request on June 19th and just finished everything.
It was really fast compared to the 16 months they are predicting in ther processing time estimations.
Thanks everyone for your help and support

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
brunolauze said:
We applied January 15th.
We sent our PGR/RCMP on June 2nd, got our PPR Request on June 19th and just finished everything.
It was really fast compared to the 16 months they are predicting in ther processing time estimations.
Congrats! So it took almost a month to get your passport back? I thought it was only to take up to two weeks! Eek

Our process is about two weeks behind you. We submitted the package jan 31 and got ppr july 9. Now just waiting to hear back.

canmex2012

Jul 19, 2014
brunolauze said:
We applied January 15th.
Hi
Can you please help me and explain to me how you got the rcmp because we just a letter from the visa office requesting it for my husband and he is currently in mexico. Also where did you get the fingerprints done at?

Thank you

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Am I correct that here in Mexico you can't get a police check done until CIC requests it? You can't get this done before submittting the application?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Hey México applicants. I was wondering if anyone knows if Mexico VO would accept an "update package" of further relationship evidence via email instead of hard copies actually mailed in. None of it would be any official forms just further skype call logs, proof of financial assistance, pictures, etc. all of which is currently on the computer and I would have to print it out anyways to send them hard copies.

Oh my reason for wanting to do this is because I received my first set of gcms notes and it shows that currently they would like an interview, so I want to send more stuff to see if I can change their minds.

brunolauze

May 20, 2014
Chauncey said:
Congrats! So it took almost a month to get your passport back? I thought it was only to take up to two weeks! Eek

Our process is about two weeks behind you. We submitted the package jan 31 and got ppr july 9. Now just waiting to hear back.
Yes, almost 1 month... Maybe it's because July is a "vacation" month.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
To anyone who has applied from Mexico. Did you have EVERYTHING translated from spanish to english? E-mails, cards, etc.?

brunolauze

May 20, 2014
canmex2012 said:
Hi
Can you please help me and explain to me how you got the rcmp because we just a letter from the visa office requesting it for my husband and he is currently in mexico. Also where did you get the fingerprints done at?

Thank you
Here's how we did it:

We received PGR Request, the letter also ask PGR to make extra print.
So we went to PGR, did all the fingerprints.. We brought the C216 form. Search the pdf on google since RCMP doesn't provide pdf unless requested, many site offer a copy...
Bring 3 copy.
Then we used a private service called reliabilityscreening (search them on google since not allowed to post links)
choose International Orders
I used it for work once and now for Immigration
It's expensive but otherwise it seems to be 18 weeks if no one digitize them...
On Step #1 Choose RCMP Fingerprints Submissions - 199$
Then Step #5 Choose International Express Post - 85.00$

Then add Step #1 and Step #5 filled to cart, pay with paypal

Then print the receipt in 2 copy.
Print passport photocopy, IFE photocopy, Driver License photocopy.
2 copy of fingerprints you got from PGR on C216 Form

Mail it to their address in Ottawa.
They will make a numeric copy of your prints, submit it to RCMP and mail back the results to you.
It took 2 weeks to receive the RCMP results and 10 days for PGR, you need to got get it back 10 days later at PGR, they should call when ready.

Then mail results from RCMP and results from PGR together to Embassy in D.F.

I hope it clears enough.

-

Mayrick

Apr 19, 2014
Congrats! Dies anyone know why the canadian embassy in mexico takes long to mail ur passport back? I have mailed mine since june 11th..... and still waiting to get it back.... someone got it faster an want to share with us?

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
A question about form imm0008 about national identity document. Here in Mexico is that your IFE or do we put N/A. I'm wondering because if it is the IFE, There is no valid date or expiry on the new ifes.

canmex2012

Jul 19, 2014
brunolauze said:
Here's how we did it:

We received PGR Request, the letter also ask PGR to make extra print.
So we went to PGR, did all the fingerprints.. We brought the C216 form. Search the pdf on google since RCMP doesn't provide pdf unless requested, many site offer a copy...
Bring 3 copy.
Then we used a private service called reliabilityscreening (search them on google since not allowed to post links)
choose International Orders
I used it for work once and now for Immigration
It's expensive but otherwise it seems to be 18 weeks if no one digitize them...
On Step #1 Choose RCMP Fingerprints Submissions - 199$
Then Step #5 Choose International Express Post - 85.00$

Then add Step #1 and Step #5 filled to cart, pay with paypal

Then print the receipt in 2 copy.
Print passport photocopy, IFE photocopy, Driver License photocopy.
2 copy of fingerprints you got from PGR on C216 Form

Mail it to their address in Ottawa.
They will make a numeric copy of your prints, submit it to RCMP and mail back the results to you.
It took 2 weeks to receive the RCMP results and 10 days for PGR, you need to got get it back 10 days later at PGR, they should call when ready.

Then mail results from RCMP and results from PGR together to Embassy in D.F.

I hope it clears enough.

-
Thank you for your help, we are on our way to doing them and hopefully be reunited soon.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have a question about the marriage and divorce certificates. For an application here in Mexico it says

Explanation of the documents and the proper issuing authorities, by country.
Birth and marriage certificates must be Government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by
the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed).

Does that mean I have to order extra certificates from the registro civil or can We send copies of the originals?

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
agarand8 said:
Hey México applicants. I was wondering if anyone knows if Mexico VO would accept an "update package" of further relationship evidence via email instead of hard copies actually mailed in. None of it would be any official forms just further skype call logs, proof of financial assistance, pictures, etc. all of which is currently on the computer and I would have to print it out anyways to send them hard copies.

Oh my reason for wanting to do this is because I received my first set of gcms notes and it shows that currently they would like an interview, so I want to send more stuff to see if I can change their minds.

I was thinking of doing the same. We recently had a reception in Mexico and my family came down and I want to avoid an interview. How did you order your GCMS notes?