Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I wonder why BC was not applicable, maybe it helped speed up the process for ya, congrats!! Hope and pray we hear soon too from "miguel" lol

VI1234

Jan 30, 2017
Hellos Guys,
I got my passport Request in my mail TODAY from Mexico VO!!!!
I got a set of instructions to send my passport and 2 pictures plus the letter I received with in the next 30 days to Miguel in Mexico City.
My ECAS change to DM, BC not applicable and interview PASSED, although we haven't got any
So since the day we applied to PPR has been almost 5 months! No bad for Mexico VO
Hope all of you hear from Miguel soon. Thanks for your support and advice
Gracias Totales
congratz!!!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hellos Guys,
I got a set of instructions to send my passport and 2 pictures plus the letter I received with in the next 30 days to Miguel in Mexico City.
My ECAS change to DM, BC not applicable and interview PASSED, although we haven't got any
So since the day we applied to PPR has been almost 5 months! No bad for Mexico VO
Gracias Totales
Wow, that was fast! Congratulations!

AMGreen

Nov 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
Doc's Request.
PGR request: 06-03-2017
Nomination.....
SA: 14-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 24-10-2016, AOR2: 28-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hellos Guys,
Gracias Totales
Congratulations!!!

PumpkinPoet

Apr 3, 2017
Guys I have a question, I applied sep 27 2016 and everything seems to be going well. May 11, 2017 I received a correspondence on the acas gov website saying that they needs some other documents and information and to just send it as soon as possible. So the same day I get a messege from my lawyer asking me to make an appointment with her that because immigration wants an update on The app but to not worry everything is fine and no interview is required. But to have a 800 fee ready for her to make the changes she needs to make. So I called her and ask her if I can see the letter from immigration but she insist I have to sign a retainer and pay the 800 fee for me to see it first. I'm in the process of takin her out as my representative because I obiously did not like her response. But do you guys know a faster way for me to actually see the letter that was sent? Anyone have experience calling the Mexico visa office .

Last edited:

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2016 (AOR1) 28-03-2017 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
I wonder why BC was not applicable, maybe it helped speed up the process for ya, congrats!! Hope and pray we hear soon too from "miguel" lol
I think after they finished your BC becomes NOT APPLICABLE, same with Interview PASSED
Medical Passed
For those wondering how long did it take for BC ... I had 2 request for Polce Certificates sent them last Dec/February And got it "In progress" on March 28, and got PPR about 6 weeks later. It might give you an idea

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Guys I have a question, I applied sep 27 2016 and everything seems to be going well. May 11, 2017 I received a correspondence on the acas gov website saying that they needs some other documents and information and to just send it as soon as possible. So the same day I get a messege from my lawyer asking me to make an appointment with her that because immigration wants an update on The app but to not worry everything is fine and no interview is required. But to have a 800 fee ready for her to make the changes she needs to make. So I called her and ask her if I can see the letter from immigration but she insist I have to sign a retainer and pay the 800 fee for me to see it first. I'm in the process of takin her out as my representative because I obiously did not like her response. But do you guys know a faster way for me to actually see the letter that was sent? Anyone have experience calling the Mexico visa office .
$800 to see the content of the letter from CIC? lol
What was your agreement with this lawyer? If the lawyer is not willing to continue the case under the same agreement she should transfer the case documents to you.
Are you sure this is actually a lawyer and not a paralegal or immigration consultant?
If this is an immigration consultant and not a lawyer/paralegal go to the office and demand to see the letter. Say that you will make an application for a disciplinary hearing with IMMIGRATION CONSULTANTS OF CANADA REGULATORY COUNCIL.
In case of paralegal, threaten to make a complaint to Law Society of Upper Canada.

If this is actually a lawyer it is quite strange that they would play with their career like this by withholding information that you need to make your decisions. I would suggest to terminate the agreement - check conditions and ask for all case materials, including the letter.

I would suggest to run far away from this representative and sign up for mycic service - all documents are there. There is nothing complicated about CIC forms, they're probably sending a request to send some updated schedule form with information that you can easily fill out yourself in 5 min. You can also email the VO, you need to include the case #, name, and UCI number. Attach a scanned form IMM 5476 cancelling representative and request them to resend their request directly to you.

Last edited:

PumpkinPoet

Apr 3, 2017
$800 to see the content of the letter from CIC? lol
What was your agreement with this lawyer? If the lawyer is not willing to continue the case under the same agreement she should transfer the case documents to you.
Are you sure this is actually a lawyer and not a paralegal (immigration consultant)?
If this is an immigration consultant and not a lawyer go to the office and demand to see the letter. Say that you will make an application for a disciplinary hearing with IMMIGRATION CONSULTANTS OF CANADA REGULATORY COUNCIL.

If this is actually a lawyer it is quite strange that they would play with their career like this by withholding information that you need to make your decisions.

I would suggest to run far away from this representative and sign up for mycic service - all documents are there. There is nothing complicated about CIC forms, they're probably sending a request to send some updated schedule form with information that you can easily fill out yourself in 5 min.

She said she need the 800 to make some changes she needs to make to the new form.. And to guide me on what to do. But i know there is a fee to cic that I still owe and I'm guessing that is what it's for. And maybe redue my wife Medicals if that. I know it can't be that complicated and yes she is a lawyer . When I see the letter and I see that there is nothing there worth a fee of 800 I'm reporting her to the police. I payed her a decent amount to just fill my app and help me get the stuff together back in sept and I can't really complain about that. I'm in the process to filling out the form to remove her as my representive but I don't know how long that will take so I was thinking of calling the Mexican VO so they can forward me the letter .lol and yeah belive me when she told me on the phone that she could nt forward me the letter from cic that belong to me , let's just say I was mad.

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
She said she need the 800 to make some changes she needs to make to the new form.. And to guide me on what to do. But i know there is a fee to cic that I still owe and I'm guessing that is what it's for. And maybe redue my wife Medicals if that. I know it can't be that complicated and yes she is a lawyer . When I see the letter and I see that there is nothing there worth a fee of 800 I'm reporting her to the police. I payed her a decent amount to just fill my app and help me get the stuff together back in sept and I can't really complain about that. I'm in the process to filling out the form to remove her as my representive but I don't know how long that will take so I was thinking of calling the Mexican VO so they can forward me the letter .lol and yeah belive me when she told me on the phone that she could nt forward me the letter from cic that belong to me , let's just say I was mad.
I'd say make the appointment, go to the office and inform that you are terminating the agreement, and demand all the documents.
If there is resistance, say that you will be making a complaint to the law society. Police will not help.

Laywer must return the documents by law society's rules

http://www.lsuc.on.ca/media/advisorytermretainer.pdf
MATTERS TO BE ADDRESSED AT TERMINATION Once the retainer has been terminated, you must ensure that: $ confidentiality is maintained, $ you record necessary information for conflicts of interest checks in the future, $ you render your final account for fees and disbursements, $ the client’s property is returned, $ the client receives all information which may be required in connection with the case or the matter, $ you account for all funds of the client held or previously held, $ you return any refund for remuneration not earned during your employment, $ you assist new counsel by advising him or her of the status of the matter, $ you cooperate with the successor lawyer to protect the client’s interests, $ your file is retained for an appropriate period of time, $ your trust records relating to the client or the matter are retained for the applicable period of the time required under the Law Society By-Laws and Regulations.1

Once the retainer has been terminated, you should deliver the client’s documents back.

even if there's a dispute about additional fees, you should get the document CIC sent:
"In any event, you should not enforce your right to retain the file for unpaid fees if to do so will materially affect the client’s position."

Just stand by your rights and don't panic.

Last edited:

family four

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-16
AOR Received.
29-09-16
File Transfer...
05-10-16
Med's Done....
12-07-16
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi there! So we are in the waiting process. We applied in the beginning of September and we were delayed bc we didn't consider we would need an FBI report as my husband studied in the US 15 years ago. So that has all been taken care of and sent in and we have now passed the 120 days that they gave us. I really have no idea how long to expect to wait and we are at a dilemma bc we want to buy our air tickets to fly to Canada in about 5-6 weeks and not sure if we would have a problem if my hubby only had a one way ticket if he doesn't get PPR before we go. My kids and I are all Canadian so for us its not an issue. Also, we don't want to sell our house, car and furniture here until we have the approval so its getting late to start all that. What happens if we sell our house at a later date and then transfer the money into Canada will it be taxed? Does anyone know where to find that kind of information? I read earlier that one can request notes from the VO and that can speed up the process, does anyone know how to request notes? Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks in advance for your help!

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I think after they finished your BC becomes NOT APPLICABLE, same with Interview PASSED
Medical Passed
For those wondering how long did it take for BC ... I had 2 request for Polce Certificates sent them last Dec/February And got it "In progress" on March 28, and got PPR about 6 weeks later. It might give you an idea

I too got request for PC in Dec same as you
But nothing since other than they have been working on my file since march 7th

Im ordering the notes next week

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hi there! So we are in the waiting process. We applied in the beginning of September and we were delayed bc we didn't consider we would need an FBI report as my husband studied in the US 15 years ago. So that has all been taken care of and sent in and we have now passed the 120 days that they gave us. I really have no idea how long to expect to wait and we are at a dilemma bc we want to buy our air tickets to fly to Canada in about 5-6 weeks and not sure if we would have a problem if my hubby only had a one way ticket if he doesn't get PPR before we go. My kids and I are all Canadian so for us its not an issue. Also, we don't want to sell our house, car and furniture here until we have the approval so its getting late to start all that. What happens if we sell our house at a later date and then transfer the money into Canada will it be taxed? Does anyone know where to find that kind of information? I read earlier that one can request notes from the VO and that can speed up the process, does anyone know how to request notes? Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks in advance for your help!
If you want to access GCMS notes, I believe the link is as follows:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

The PA is the one who makes the request.
If you are the sponsor and make the request, you will need your husband's consent. The link for the consent form is as follows:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

I also found this link that tells you when to order them (might be helpful too):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17KrJmBgFUS4UakcSu8ecSQnZn0z9UGmxc9oJ7WOP4LM/edit?pli=1

As well on how to interpret the notes:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes.347059/page-2

Maybe other members who have ordered the notes can add to this as this is only from research I have done on my own should I have to order them one of these days.

As for selling your house (I assume you have been living outside of Canada in your husband's country), you might want to consult with an accountant who knows about international property ownership. An immigration lawyer might know something about that too. I would definitely consult with somebody before you sell as you might incur some heavy taxes or capital gains upon return to Canada.

Good luck with all that!

Reactions: family four

family four

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-16
AOR Received.
29-09-16
File Transfer...
05-10-16
Med's Done....
12-07-16
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I
As for selling your house (I assume you have been living outside of Canada in your husband's country), you might want to consult with an accountant who knows about international property ownership. An immigration lawyer might know something about that too. I would definitely consult with somebody before you sell as you might incur some heavy taxes or capital gains upon return to Canada.

Good luck with all that!
Thanks for your help!! I really appreciate it. :)

Reactions: majesty

CANUK2012

Apr 29, 2017
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
06-10-2016, 15-09-2017, 17-11-2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
CSQ 25-01-2017
File Transfer...
05-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-06-2016
Interview........
17-08-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
CORP 15-01-2018
LANDED..........
15/02/2018
Hellos Guys,
Gracias Totales
I'm really happy for you

Reactions: Argie2016