20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Chuladaa said:
Has anyone sent in a case specififc enquiry recently? I am wondering if the response time is still around 2 weeks?
from my experiance there is no consistency! We have had them answer in 1 day, 5 days, 2 weeks and a month. Or not at all.. sucks

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
My first anniversary is tomorrow. Rather than return to Mexico to celebrate my first anniversary, I decided to begin the process of applying for my wife to come to Canada as a permanent resident. Also, the government of Canada advises against travel to my wife's state, and that concerns me, though I've never had a problem while down in Mexico, and I've been there three times. During the whole process, might the fact that I didn't celebrate my first anniversary with my wife in Mexico in-person raise a red flag with the IO?

Also, I have another question. In 2010, for Victoria Day long weekend, I went to see my wife (then my girlfriend) in Mexico. I was there from May 22 to 25. There is no stamp in my passport from Mexican officials showing this trip, although I have a stamp during the initial phase of the trip from Calgary airport (incorrectly stamped as May 21, 2010, I just noticed) and I have the original e-ticket from the airline with itinerary, although I cannot located the boarding passes. I definitely left on the trip on May 22, because I worked all day on May 21, and the flight to my wife's state using this particular airline only goes there once a day (flight leaves at 6:50 AM). Will the fact that the passport was stamped incorrectly in Calgary with May 21 instead of May 22 cause a problem, and also, is the e-ticket with no boarding passes and no stamp from Mexico sufficient proof that I was there? I also have photos from that trip, including one from 11:30 on the airplane about thirty minutes from Mexico and and they all clearly show a date taken of May 22, 2010 on mouse-over. I also have an email from my father where we discuss his driving me to the airport on May 22. Is this enough proof?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hello everyone!!

I im on the process of an Inland application in Quebec, (Common law sponsorship). I just received a letter from CIC asking me for a police checks, I already sent the one from the PGR and now they are asking me for one from the Secretaria de Seguridad Publica (SSP) .

I cant find any information on how to get it, did you guys know the process or have a link for the instructions? everything is confusing, I have family in Mexico city (Parents and Brothers) so they can help me do the paperwork over there.

Any help please?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
Hello everyone!!

I im on the process of an Inland application in Quebec, (Common law sponsorship). I just received a letter from CIC asking me for a police checks, I already sent the one from the PGR and now they are asking me for one from the Secretaria de Seguridad Publica (SSP) .

I cant find any information on how to get it, did you guys know the process or have a link for the instructions? everything is confusing, I have family in Mexico city (Parents and Brothers) so they can help me do the paperwork over there.

Any help please?
Hello! The SSP certificate was required for almost a year (search this thread for details if you want history on it). However, it is no longer required, I would recommend replying to the letter with a print-out of the current police certificate requirements showing that, once again, only the PGR is required and ask for clarification on the latest request. You can find the current CIC instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrscruz said:
Ohcanadiana I don't know who you are but I can not thank you enough. Your posts are always articulated so well and give clear directions. My husband and I have read your postings many times and find your information so helpful. Who ever you are we are so grateful.
:)

My pleasure. I stick around to try to make the process a bit easier for folks and appreciate hearing this.

Good luck with your application!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JimE2013 said:
My first anniversary is tomorrow. Rather than return to Mexico to celebrate my first anniversary, I decided to begin the process of applying for my wife to come to Canada as a permanent resident. Also, the government of Canada advises against travel to my wife's state, and that concerns me, though I've never had a problem while down in Mexico, and I've been there three times. During the whole process, might the fact that I didn't celebrate my first anniversary with my wife in Mexico in-person raise a red flag with the IO?

Also, I have another question. In 2010, for Victoria Day long weekend, I went to see my wife (then my girlfriend) in Mexico. I was there from May 22 to 25. There is no stamp in my passport from Mexican officials showing this trip, although I have a stamp during the initial phase of the trip from Calgary airport (incorrectly stamped as May 21, 2010, I just noticed) and I have the original e-ticket from the airline with itinerary, although I cannot located the boarding passes. I definitely left on the trip on May 22, because I worked all day on May 21, and the flight to my wife's state using this particular airline only goes there once a day (flight leaves at 6:50 AM). Will the fact that the passport was stamped incorrectly in Calgary with May 21 instead of May 22 cause a problem, and also, is the e-ticket with no boarding passes and no stamp from Mexico sufficient proof that I was there? I also have photos from that trip, including one from 11:30 on the airplane about thirty minutes from Mexico and and they all clearly show a date taken of May 22, 2010 on mouse-over. I also have an email from my father where we discuss his driving me to the airport on May 22. Is this enough proof?
Hi Jim - the way I think of it is that you are trying to provide sufficient evidence to a illustrate the genuineness of your relationship to a total stranger whose responsibilities include being skeptical. There is no recipe for this as the specifics of a relationship vary tremendously. Spending your anniversary together is just one piece of a much greater puzzle of how you have intertwined your affairs. Similarly, arguably, photos of you and your wife - and with her family, if you have any - are much stronger proof of you being together than an immigration stamp indicating that you entered the country. The posts at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-advice-from-people-who-have-done-this-journey-before-t112120.0.html may help you think through the categories of evidence you may wish to consider. I really would encourage you to think of the bigger picture and provide select evidence across a variety of aspects of your relationship to illustrate how you communicate, support each other, are aware of details in each other's lives, plan for your future together, and how your relationship has grown over time naturally.

Of course, this is simply my opinion. Make sure you coordinate with your lawyer on all these questions as there may be specifics he is looking for based on how he prefers to build his cases.

ETA: BTW, details on the translator mc1234 had mentioned are at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t103615.0.html

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Thanks for the reply, OhCanadiana.

I defeinitely have many, many photos with my wife, and all members of her family, as well as three years of email between the two of us. Lots of cell phone bills (when I had one), lots of telephone bills, and Skype and MSN logs.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hey JimE2013!

Just to let you know, we did sent a loooot of pictures specially with our family, me during easter and few weddings with his family and of us while visiting my parents in Mexico, another thing we did was asking for letters to all our friends and family members writing or testifying that our relationship is genuine and know that we have been together for a long time, they dont have to be long, we sent a copy of our lease with both names, a letter from our neighbour also mentioning that he knows we have been living together for over a year.

We traveled together 2 times and sent them as well the copies of our e-tickes and hotel booking (we sent some pictures of the trip as well)
We also sent a copy of our joint bank account statement, since we mainly communicated via facetime, skpe or phone and we didnt kept any track of it.

I know asking letters might sound like a lot but both our families and friends are very supportive and they helped us, until now we havent have an interview or been asked for more proof.

Hope it helps and in this case it really comes to quality and not quantity! :)

Lena1984

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2012,03-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
Hi everyone,

does anyone know the timeline after stage 1 is approved i heard it's suppose to take less than 6 months if its a straight forward case and we provided all the info they need. Has anyone applied for Outland in November that I can share info with? That would be really cool.

Saludos,

Lena

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lena1984 said:
Hi everyone,

does anyone know the timeline after stage 1 is approved i heard it's suppose to take less than 6 months if its a straight forward case and we provided all the info they need. Has anyone applied for Outland in November that I can share info with? That would be really cool.

Saludos,

Lena
Hi! My post at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-speed-at-visa-offices-step-2-t102206.0.html has additional details on processing times and a link to the source data so you can track the latest info since they break it down beyond the 80% available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Good luck.

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
Hello just checking again has anyone sent in an arc recently? Or is it just LeisaP and I still.
Just wondering about timelines..
Thanks!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Chuladaa said:
Hello just checking again has anyone sent in an arc recently? Or is it just LeisaP and I still.
Just wondering about timelines..
Thanks!
I think its just us still..
but im interested to know if anyone else has sent one in

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Lena1984 said:
Hi everyone,

Saludos,

Lena
we applied in October...I was approved after 37 days and on November 6th they confirmed they received the medical in DF, in late December my wife sent the police reports and on January 15th our status changed to "in process"....I'm anxiously waiting for them to let us know something!

Lena1984

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2012,03-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Hi! My post at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-speed-at-visa-offices-step-2-t102206.0.html has additional details on processing times and a link to the source data so you can track the latest info since they break it down beyond the 80% available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Good luck.
Thanks so much =)

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Loops said:
Hey JimE2013!

Just to let you know, we did sent a loooot of pictures specially with our family, me during easter and few weddings with his family and of us while visiting my parents in Mexico, another thing we did was asking for letters to all our friends and family members writing or testifying that our relationship is genuine and know that we have been together for a long time, they dont have to be long, we sent a copy of our lease with both names, a letter from our neighbour also mentioning that he knows we have been living together for over a year.

We traveled together 2 times and sent them as well the copies of our e-tickes and hotel booking (we sent some pictures of the trip as well)
We also sent a copy of our joint bank account statement, since we mainly communicated via facetime, skpe or phone and we didnt kept any track of it.

I know asking letters might sound like a lot but both our families and friends are very supportive and they helped us, until now we havent have an interview or been asked for more proof.

Hope it helps and in this case it really comes to quality and not quantity! :)
It does help, and I appreciate the reply. :)