Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
missmymexi said:
We are still waiting for AOR from the VO, transfered on the 11th according to the letter but the 17th according to CIC, so I guess its been officially 2 months now, no update on ecas, no medical received, no nothing.... Really hoping to get some news soon, this is getting super depressing now that all of you that I started this with are about to land, Sure wish luck was on our side, oh well, nothing to do but keep waiting !
Your in my thoughts amiga, wishing that yo get AOR asap and record breaking PPR after that.. :)

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
So this thursday will be 11 weeks since we sent the PGR we sent the first enquiry oct 17 too soon for a second enquiry? thoughts?

M

mrandmrsromero

missmymexi said:
Really hoping to get some news soon, this is getting super depressing now that all of you that I started this with are about to land,
Oh I hear ya. I think I'm officially the Mexico thread Grandma ::). Everybody who started with me is looooong gone. By the time I finally get around to announcing PPR, the posters on here will be like, "and who are you"?

I am holding on to optimism because (a) I'm leaving for Mexico in a few weeks to be with my husband for a nice long visit; (b) it ain't over 'til its over.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
mrandmrsromero said:
Oh I hear ya. I think I'm officially the Mexico thread Grandma ::). Everybody who started with me is looooong gone. By the time I finally get around to announcing PPR, the posters on here will be like, "and who are you"?

I am holding on to optimism because (a) I'm leaving for Mexico in a few weeks to be with my husband for a nice long visit; (b) it ain't over 'til its over.
Oooooh Mrsromero, thank you for setting me straight, your right, enough pity party, on with the optimism ! I have to remind myself that others are suffering the wait as well !

So glad to hear you are going for a nice long visit, I think that helps time go by for sure, perhaps where my frustration lies as well, I am sure if we could just see eachother I would stop feeling so anxious ! Soon enough I hope :)

I sure hope you get some answers soon !!!

M

mrandmrsromero

missmymexi said:
Oooooh Mrsromero, thank you for setting me straight, your right, enough pity party, on with the optimism ! I have to remind myself that others are suffering the wait as well !

So glad to hear you are going for a nice long visit, I think that helps time go by for sure, perhaps where my frustration lies as well, I am sure if we could just see eachother I would stop feeling so anxious ! Soon enough I hope :)

I sure hope you get some answers soon !!!
Agreed! Separation and all the anxiety that goes along with that is the worst. Pity parties are par for the course for everyone going through this crazy roller coaster process - totally normal. I just keep telling myself that when its all over, we will be stronger than ever and infinitely more aware of our blessings :) You'll hear something soon, and hopefully you'll be seeing each other sooner rather than later. Hang in there!

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
congratulations to any recent PPR and/or landings!!

I have a question on ID's, has anyone been able to obtain an official ID like a driver's lic or province ID without the actual PR card aside from your social insurance # I mean.

Thanks!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:

May you soon be the Mexico thread happiest person. :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsjunx said:

I have a question on ID's, has anyone been able to obtain an official ID like a driver's lic or province ID without the actual PR card aside from your social insurance # I mean.

Thanks!
Yes, DL in many (if not all) provinces don't require PR status. What province are you thinking of?

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
tsjunx said:

Thanks!
My wife got her Ontario drivers licence. She is only a visitor as we are waiting for her application. Make sure you go with a translated Mexico drivers abstract and licence to get credit for all the years as a licenced driver.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
mrandmrsromero said:

Hey Grandma......Iv got news for you. there are many people who are trying to bring their Mexican partners to Canada who have had to appeal. 3 1/2 years sinceI first filed papers.....still waiitng for my Mexican !!!!!!

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
OhCanadiana said:
Yes, DL in many (if not all) provinces don't require PR status. What province are you thinking of?
Hi OC! I'm wondering about BC the ICBC website says the primary ID cannot be the COPR, I have the drivers abstract (translated) but with no proper primary ID I guess we have to wait for the PR card.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:

Not gone, I just skulk around here now. I still check about once a week for any progress in the Romero camp. It has to be soon!

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
Not gone, I just skulk around here now. I still check about once a week for any progress in the Romero camp. It has to be soon!
Thanks La_Ardilla. Nice to hear from you again and I'm glad to know you're still skulking. :D

M

mrandmrsromero

gsize said:
Hey Grandma......Iv got news for you. there are many people who are trying to bring their Mexican partners to Canada who have had to appeal. 3 1/2 years sinceI first filed papers.....still waiitng for my Mexican !!!!!!
Yes I'm well aware of the appeals. For every person waiting, there is always someone else who has been waiting longer. Which is why its good to have a place like the forum to come to for encouragement and morale support. Good luck with your process - hopefully you are done soon after such a long wait!

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
mrandmrsromero said:
Yes I'm well aware of the appeals. For every person waiting, there is always someone else who has been waiting longer. Which is why its good to have a place like the forum to come to for encouragement and morale support. Good luck with your process - hopefully you are done soon after such a long wait!
thanks for your kind words. I think things are getting better in Mexico now. I have always been fearful to travel there......but I cant stand being apart from my partner anymore. Even though we won our Appeal, he still cant come here. Where's the compassion ?