+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Becca024

Feb 21, 2023
Hi! I’m new on here. I applied on July 28th, 2022 for my Outland spouse sponsorship. I was wondering if anyone has been called for an interview and if there is anyone whose application is also sent to Mexico VO or knows about that office? My husband is from El Salvador and our application got sent over to Mexico City. These are our details,

July. 28, 2022 - application submitted online
November 4 - AOR and Biometrics request
November 5 - SA letter
January 3 - medical request
January 16 - medicals passed
January 23 - Eligibility started/ in progress in PR Tracker

Since then I haven’t had anymore updates other then Ghost updates almost every day since the month of February started. I’d like to think it means PPR soon but I really hope it won’t take too much longer ☹ and fingers crossed no interviews will be needed. Does anyone know how long it takes after this last step? Also I cannot seem to log into my eCAS, it always says my information is wrong even in everything is right. Thank you guys for the help in this forum!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! I’m new on here. I applied on July 28th, 2022 for my Outland spouse sponsorship. I was wondering if anyone has been called for an interview and if there is anyone whose application is also sent to Mexico VO or knows about that office? My husband is from El Salvador and our application got sent over to Mexico City. These are our details,

July. 28, 2022 - application submitted online
November 4 - AOR and Biometrics request
November 5 - SA letter
January 3 - medical request
January 16 - medicals passed
January 23 - Eligibility started/ in progress in PR Tracker

Since then I haven’t had anymore updates other then Ghost updates almost every day since the month of February started. I’d like to think it means PPR soon but I really hope it won’t take too much longer ☹ and fingers crossed no interviews will be needed. Does anyone know how long it takes after this last step? Also I cannot seem to log into my eCAS, it always says my information is wrong even in everything is right. Thank you guys for the help in this forum!
The background checks are typically the longest parts if the process so you may not hear for months from IRCC. Remember 1 year is typically the goal when it comes to processing although some get processed faster and some longer. Whether you need an interview will depend on your profile. Needing an interview also usually extends processing time. Any part of your profile that could possibly indicate immigration fraud like a large age difference could lead to needing an interview. You usually need more than one basic issue like age difference to need an interview. How much time you have spent together in person also factors into whether you need an interview.

Don’t worry if you are not hearing from IRCC in the next 4-6 months. You are in a long wait for for both background checks.

Reactions: Becca024

Becca024

Feb 21, 2023
The background checks are typically the longest parts if the process so you may not hear for months from IRCC. Remember 1 year is typically the goal when it comes to processing although some get processed faster and some longer. Whether you need an interview will depend on your profile. Needing an interview also usually extends processing time. Any part of your profile that could possibly indicate immigration fraud like a large age difference could lead to needing an interview. You usually need more than one basic issue like age difference to need an interview. How much time you have spent together in person also factors into whether you need an interview.

Don’t worry if you are not hearing from IRCC in the next 4-6 months. You are in a long wait for for both background checks.
Thank you so much for your response! I really hope it won’t take longer than year but I’ll continue to be patient! I don’t think I’ll need an interview based on my relationship then, thank you for your response it has helped a lot!

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I'm getting worried because I applied May 2022 and they haven't started my background check yet. Elegibility has been in process since Nov 2022
When can I expect background check to start? Medical was completed

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
I'm getting worried because I applied May 2022 and they haven't started my background check yet. Elegibility has been in process since Nov 2022
When can I expect background check to start? Medical was completed
hello, there are people who never start the background process and suddenly everything is complete

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
hello, there are people who never start the background process and suddenly everything is complete
Oh really? Ok good to know, hopefully we get an update soon :)

Anyone know if an Interview is required is it Done at any random time during the process or usually before or after the medical? Thanks

Becca024

Feb 21, 2023
Hey, have any of you guys noticed they updated the PR Tracker? Maybe we’ll hear news soon hopefully! My eligibility has been in process since January and I am a July. 28 applicant.

Reactions: Jacornejo20

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hey, have any of you guys noticed they updated the PR Tracker? Maybe we’ll hear news soon hopefully! My eligibility has been in process since January and I am a July. 28 applicant.
I am from February 2022 I hope to have good news soon. My eligibility process has been ongoing since August 18?

MariaSP

Oct 1, 2022
Hi everyone, just an update. We applied paper Outland spousal sponsorship in September 2022. AOR September 12 and we received PPR March 24.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hi everyone, just an update. We applied paper Outland spousal sponsorship in September 2022. AOR September 12 and we received PPR March 24.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
I congratulate you that it was very fast, considering that the Mexico office is slow, many of us are still waiting for more than a year, congratulations again

Reactions: MariaSP

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello I heard some files from Mexico VO are being transferred over to Brazil, not sure the exact reason but is there a way to verify if indeed our files are still being processed at Mexico? I sent a webform and no news, I'm thinking of emailing my MP as a next step.....