Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Ok, I'm posting this as a new topic since I didn't get any responses from posting it under the Mexico outland thread... Here goes.

A little background: My wife (Canadian citizen by birth) and I (Mexican) sent an outland application for spousal sponsorship in mid-May and my wife received sponsorship approval on August 1st. I am living with my wife in Canada as I am here on a study permit.

Since I am living outside of Mexico, CIC requests a police certificate with a different name than that which applicants who are in Mexico have to get. This is the "Informe de datos registrales" and my understanding is that it is no different from the "Constancia de antecedentes penales" that other applicants who live in Mexico have to get, except for how you get it. According to the CIC website, for Mexican applicants living outside Mexico, they cannot send this certificate with the initial application - they have to wait until their application for PR is received and have been issued a file number, send their fingerprints and photos to the embassy in Mexico, and the embassy will request the police certificate on the applicants' behalf and forward it to the visa office where the application is being processed.

The CIC website states that the Mexico City visa office will eventually ask for an "Informe de datos registrales", but this process of the embassy requesting the "Informe de datos registrales" and forwarding it to themselves (since I am an outland applicant my file is in the Mexico City visa office, which is part of the embassy in Mexico) will take 60 to 90 business days. That's about 3 months, at best, just for the police certificate!

I'm wondering if I should get my fingerprints done now and send them to the embassy before the visa office requests the "Informe de datos registrales" to avoid that 3-month delay? Or should I wait until they request it?

Thanks!

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
jack87 said:
Ok, I'm posting this as a new topic since I didn't get any responses from posting it under the Mexico outland thread... Here goes.

A little background: My wife (Canadian citizen by birth) and I (Mexican) sent an outland application for spousal sponsorship in mid-May and my wife received sponsorship approval on August 1st. I am living with my wife in Canada as I am here on a study permit.

Since I am living outside of Mexico, CIC requests a police certificate with a different name than that which applicants who are in Mexico have to get. This is the "Informe de datos registrales" and my understanding is that it is no different from the "Constancia de antecedentes penales" that other applicants who live in Mexico have to get, except for how you get it. According to the CIC website, for Mexican applicants living outside Mexico, they cannot send this certificate with the initial application - they have to wait until their application for PR is received and have been issued a file number, send their fingerprints and photos to the embassy in Mexico, and the embassy will request the police certificate on the applicants' behalf and forward it to the visa office where the application is being processed.

The CIC website states that the Mexico City visa office will eventually ask for an "Informe de datos registrales", but this process of the embassy requesting the "Informe de datos registrales" and forwarding it to themselves (since I am an outland applicant my file is in the Mexico City visa office, which is part of the embassy in Mexico) will take 60 to 90 business days. That's about 3 months, at best, just for the police certificate!

I'm wondering if I should get my fingerprints done now and send them to the embassy before the visa office requests the "Informe de datos registrales" to avoid that 3-month delay? Or should I wait until they request it?

Thanks!
Sure why not get your finger prints done now, if it avoids a 3 month delay.

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Did you figured out what to do or a better way to cut some time? I will need to do the same soon so will love to hear what happened with your informe.
Thanks!

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
jack87 said:
According to the CIC website, for Mexican applicants living outside Mexico, they cannot send this certificate with the initial application - they have to wait until their application for PR is received and have been issued a file number, send their fingerprints and photos to the embassy in Mexico, and the embassy will request the police certificate on the applicants' behalf
I'd just do what the website says and wait until your visa office requests the certificate. I'm actually in the same boat as I need PCCs from Mexico and Thailand, and both countries can take up to 90 days to comply with the request. This is what I will be doing: I've already got my fingerprints taken and I will be attaching a copy of those as well as a letter of explanation to my application, saying that I don't want the PCCs to expire before CIC actually receives them, but that I'm ready to send the fingerprints off as soon as CIC requests the PCCs.

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Thanks for your answer! I guess i will be doing the same but will have to wait until they request them.
Please if you get any updates let me know? You seem to be ahead in the process and I would really appreciate to know your experience of how long it actually takes.
Thanks and good luck!!!

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Sure, will do. I really don't see any point in sending those PCCs upfront when the website specifically asks not to do it until they request them. I guess it all depends on which visa office is handling your application (mine will be hopefully Paris once it's forwarded).
I'll keep you posted.
Suerte!

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
MissRepresentation, I submitted a similar cover letter when we filed our application - that I didn't (and couldn't) send my Mexican police certificate upfront but that I would request the informe as soon as they requested my police certificate. Even Mexicans who live in Mexico are unable to submit PCC upfront - they have to wait until the visa office requests it.

I had my fingerprints taken on August 17th and I was going to send those along but life got in the way, which is a good thing, because on August 29th (less than a month after we received SA) the visa office sent me an email asking for the Mexican police certificate and an RCMP fingerprint police check. That was totally unexpected - I didn't expect them to request my police certificate for a while.

Since I already had my fingerprints done for the Mexican police certificate I just sent those along with my photos to the Embassy in Mexico City so they can get the informe. The address for the Mexico City visa office (it was on the letter I got by email) is the same as the address where I had to send my fingerprints and photos to request the informe so I'm hoping that it'll cut down the processing time for the request by a little bit since the informe doesn't need to be forwarded outside their office.

I'll let you guys know what happens.

Good luck amcpons and MissRepresentation!

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Hi.
Thanks everyone for your comments. Please keep us posted with what happens, really curios to know how long it takes.
By the way is a nice coincidence since Im sending my application through Paris too!
So please let me know how it works for both of you and the best luck!!

susana

Nov 4, 2008
I'd recommend you not to send any fingerprints/pictures to Mexico Visa office until you get your AOR from them, i have lots of experience with Mexico and if you wait until they request the fingerprints they will process your PGR Pc within a month. The wait is not that long . The average processing times in Mexico for outland applicants is six months. If you require an interview or if you don't have a straightforward application, your application will take longer.

If you send them now, the documents will be put in your file and they will process it until after you receive your AOR.