+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Messed up e-mail from CIC

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi all,

Long story short - my husband was on a post graduate open work permit when we applied.

We submitted our PR app with our OWP app on AUGUST 22nd (is when they received)
His work permit expired OCTOBER 7th.
We got AOR OCTOBER 10th.

My husband sent an email inquring about a few things and this was part of the response to the inquiry:
Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

*Furthermore, Since we know that sponsoring or being sponsored by your spouse or common-law partner is an important event in your life, we want to ensure that you have all the information and tools at your disposal to make this process as easy and enjoyable as possible.

As of December 22, 2014, open work permits may be issued to eligible applicants under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class at an earlier stage in processing if they meet certain criteria. We verified the information on file. However, it has been determined that you do not meet the eligibility criteria.

Your application for the open work permit remains valid and will be processed once your sponsorship application is approved in principle.

WHAT THE EFF DOES THAT MEAN?! His status hasn't changed on CIC account, still says processing.
Isn't this something that happens to someone who applied for OWP while being OUT OF STATUS??

He wasn't. Doesn't he go into implied status once we SUBMIT our application??

Some people have worried me now and told me that you only go into implied status once you get AOR (since he was previous on PGOWP)

PLEASE guide me. Im confused. Stressed. We are calling CIC tomorrow but for tonight, I am MESSED up.

Like I said, this was not an official case status update... it was a response to an inquiry.

Thanks,
Heather

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Don't stress so much. Call CIC and contact your MP if you're still confused after that.