+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mention of previous rejection on Invitation letter

nns.1394

Feb 8, 2024
My parents applied for TRV back in 2017 (when I was a student) and got rejected (we don't remember the reasons). Now, in 2024 I'm (Canadian Citizen) applying on their behalf for their TRV from inside Canada using IRCC portal. As I'm writing the invitation letter, I'm thinking if I should mention their visa refusal from the past. Please help!! (PS - I filled out form IMM 5645 and IMM 5476(representative) - these forms don't ask about previous refusal)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My parents applied for TRV back in 2017 (when I was a student) and got rejected (we don't remember the reasons). Now, in 2024 I'm (Canadian Citizen) applying on their behalf for their TRV from inside Canada using IRCC portal. As I'm writing the invitation letter, I'm thinking if I should mention their visa refusal from the past. Please help!! (PS - I filled out form IMM 5645 and IMM 5476(representative) - these forms don't ask about previous refusal)
You are applying as their representative but still processed from their country. The must mention refusal with dates.

nns.1394

Feb 8, 2024
You are applying as their representative but still processed from their country. The must mention refusal with dates.
Hi thanks, I called IRCC they said I can apply from inside Canada (no issue) - as for the reason and date they said just to mention we don't exactly remember the reason - but I'm not sure WHERE to mention about it? As it didn't ask on the forms - is there any other forms while applying through IRCC portal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi thanks, I called IRCC they said I can apply from inside Canada (no issue) - as for the reason and date they said just to mention we don't exactly remember the reason - but I'm not sure WHERE to mention about it? As it didn't ask on the forms - is there any other forms while applying through IRCC portal?
You can apply from inside Canada but it is processed from their home country. There should be a question of do you have any refusals for any country.

Reactions: nns.1394

nns.1394

Feb 8, 2024
You can apply from inside Canada but it is processed from their home country. There should be a question of do you have any refusals for any country.
Thank you, just checked there is a question regarding refusal of visa on the IRCC portal. Btw do you know if the invitation letter should be notarized?

Akash2019

Aug 25, 2019
Thank you, just checked there is a question regarding refusal of visa on the IRCC portal. Btw do you know if the invitation letter should be notarized?
Yes its better if you notarize the invitation letter and i didnt understand the concept of apply a visitor visa from inside canada how we can do that while they are not in canada yet ?