+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals Expired - Need to repeat them. Will furtherance be raised again?

mohammadahmedjilani

Oct 3, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
Hi all,

My parents applied for SuperVisa which got rejected. Now, i have reached a settlement with IRCC to redetermine the decision. My mother's medical is now expired. Last time when she undergone the medical exam the doctor asked her to do sputum & culture test after Xray because she had history of TB. The results took three months to come. It was later proved that TB was cured.

Because her medicals are now expired, does she need to take again the medical exam? If yes, will doctors make her undergo sputum and culture test again and i will have to wait for 3 months for the culture test result to come?

@canuck78 @scylla will appreciate your feedback on this since you are the most senior members I can think of :)

Best Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

My parents applied for SuperVisa which got rejected. Now, i have reached a settlement with IRCC to redetermine the decision. My mother's medical is now expired. Last time when she undergone the medical exam the doctor asked her to do sputum & culture test after Xray because she had history of TB. The results took three months to come. It was later proved that TB was cured.

Because her medicals are now expired, does she need to take again the medical exam? If yes, will doctors make her undergo sputum and culture test again and i will have to wait for 3 months for the culture test result to come?

@canuck78 @scylla will appreciate your feedback on this since you are the most senior members I can think of :)

Best Regards,
I would assume she will need to take the medical again since it has expired. In terms of what tests she needs to take, that will be determined through the medical. It's possible she may need to do sputum and culture again.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi all,

Best Regards,
Unfortunately chances are she need to go to all the TB specific test Again Dude
IRCC is very serious on any such (TB) etc.

Good Luck

mohammadahmedjilani

Oct 3, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
I would assume she will need to take the medical again since it has expired. In terms of what tests she needs to take, that will be determined through the medical. It's possible she may need to do sputum and culture again.
Thanks for your reply syclla!

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
thanks for your reply! :)
Hey there, I think my mom is in the same situation. She had no history of TB however, had to do sputum/ repeat xrays on her first medicals. She is now at the end of her PR application and they are asking for a re-medical. Would you be able to share any update on your mom's second test?

archer1217

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
NEW BRUNSWICK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
montreal
NOC Code......
noc c - 1526
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2022
Nomination.....
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
02-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2023
LANDED..........
23-01-2023
Hi if IRCC asked you to repeat chest x-ray did they found something? upfront medical was held last sept 27 and received message from IRCC furtherance request letter for medical repeat chest x-ray. when I came here the first time I did medical and got visa approved, Now I am applying for PR and have received this furtherance request letter. I'm worried about it. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi if IRCC asked you to repeat chest x-ray did they found something? upfront medical was held last sept 27 and received message from IRCC furtherance request letter for medical repeat chest x-ray. when I came here the first time I did medical and got visa approved, Now I am applying for PR and have received this furtherance request letter. I'm worried about it. Thank you
If you have any irregularities in your chest x-ray you are asked for further testing,
it could be that you got Covid or another infection and now have some scaring on your lung. Don’t worry unless you find out that you actually have something to worry about.

archer1217

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
NEW BRUNSWICK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
montreal
NOC Code......
noc c - 1526
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2022
Nomination.....
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
02-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2023
LANDED..........
23-01-2023
As far as I know I don't have any lungs concern. I remember I got tested positive on covid last Nov. 2021. I will do my x-ray anytime Next week I am waiting for my panel physician for my appointment. In this case, are they starting review my application? thank you