Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-11-2011
Just received medical request after receivign AOR 3 weeks back .. does that mean initial assessment is completed and no issues with my application, I was hoping all these days that they don't return my application for any reason as I already left Canada and wont be eligible again.

what are the usual next steps in the process ..

candyman

Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALLO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-08-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-11-2011
thanks geekonapogostick .. how much time it took to get a PPR after submitting medical request?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
candyman said:
Just received medical request after receivign AOR 3 weeks back .. does that mean initial assessment is completed and no issues with my application, I was hoping all these days that they don't return my application for any reason as I already left Canada and wont be eligible again.

what are the usual next steps in the process ..

Usually there is a good chance that your file would be approved only than they ask for medical, Wait for the passport request and than your a canadian citizen.

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
icecool222 said:
Usually there is a good chance that your file would be approved only than they ask for medical, Wait for the passport request and than your a canadian citizen.
Then you land, and then you're a Canadian permanent resident. Becoming a citizen (which lets you vote, get a Canadian passport, and keep your status if you're out of Canada for a long time) takes another few years...

For the faster visa offices (Buffalo and Detroit), assuming no need for further documents, police checks etc., I would expect PPR around 1-2 months after CIC receives your medicals from the DMP. For the slower visa offices (New York, etc.), more like 2-4 months.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
defenestration said:
Then you land, and then you're a Canadian permanent resident. Becoming a citizen (which lets you vote, get a Canadian passport, and keep your status if you're out of Canada for a long time) takes another few years...

For the faster visa offices (Buffalo and Detroit), assuming no need for further documents, police checks etc., I would expect PPR around 1-2 months after CIC receives your medicals from the DMP. For the slower visa offices (New York, etc.), more like 2-4 months.

Yeah sorry a permanent resident.

candyman

Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALLO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-08-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-11-2011
Thanks All...

So, I received meidcal request form as well as AOR thru mail to my old mailing address in canada after 3 weeks I received AOR thru e-mail.

Mailing address in medical request form is old (ofcourse the one I mentioned in the application form). Soon after receiving my AOR thru e-mail, I have sent an email to update my address and also to let the CIC know that I have moved out of Canada.

Should I go ahead and do my meidcals in my home country or write to CIC so that they will update my address and send the request again?

as per the new process, if I received the medicals request, that means VO has checked for accuracy of my application and all the proofs?

appreciate all the experts comments..

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
candyman said:
Should I go ahead and do my meidcals in my home country or write to CIC so that they will update my address and send the request again?
If you have the medical forms, they're not going to resend them. Go ahead and do them.

as per the new process, if I received the medicals request, that means VO has checked for accuracy of my application and all the proofs?
Not quite.

The old process was, you wait to be "assessed" (the VO checks your work experience, etc.), then the VO tells you to do medicals, then the VO waits for you to do medicals, then you wait for the VO to notice you've done medicals.

The point of the new process is that the medical requests are sent before the VO has assessed the application, so that (hopefully) by the time they do assess the application, the medical results are already in the system and they can approve your application in one step.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
defenestration said:
If you have the medical forms, they're not going to resend them. Go ahead and do them.

Not quite.

The old process was, you wait to be "assessed" (the VO checks your work experience, etc.), then the VO tells you to do medicals, then the VO waits for you to do medicals, then you wait for the VO to notice you've done medicals.

The point of the new process is that the medical requests are sent before the VO has assessed the application, so that (hopefully) by the time they do assess the application, the medical results are already in the system and they can approve your application in one step.
But how do you know, thats an internal process?..

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
icecool222 said:
But how do you know, thats an internal process?..
I know how the process works because of my experience and, more importantly, the experiences of many other people on forums like this one. Keep in mind that enough people (myself included) have ordered their CAIPS files that we aren't just seeing the process from the outside. We know when our file was assessed (not just when we received IA or PPR), we know when Ottawa processed our medicals, we know when the VO approved our medicals, and so on.

If you meant the reason for the new process, CIC's own letters say they are sending medical requests earlier to speed up processing. The letter I received with my (pre-IA) medical request said:

"Enclosed you will find instructions for a medical examination. These are being issued at this time in order to expedite the processing of your application. They are issued 'at own risk', in the sense that you will not be reimbursed for expenses if later your application should be withdrawn or refused."

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
defenestration said:
I know how the process works because of my experience and, more importantly, the experiences of many other people on forums like this one. Keep in mind that enough people (myself included) have ordered their CAIPS files that we aren't just seeing the process from the outside. We know when our file was assessed (not just when we received IA or PPR), we know when Ottawa processed our medicals, we know when the VO approved our medicals, and so on.

If you meant the reason for the new process, CIC's own letters say they are sending medical requests earlier to speed up processing. The letter I received with my (pre-IA) medical request said:

"Enclosed you will find instructions for a medical examination. These are being issued at this time in order to expedite the processing of your application. They are issued 'at own risk', in the sense that you will not be reimbursed for expenses if later your application should be withdrawn or refused."

what about the background checks? I have lived in one year in the UK, is this significantly going to increase my processing time? What are your opinions on it?

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I lived 1 year in the UK too. I dont think it would significantly increase processing time--well I would hope not.

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
icecool222 said:
what about the background checks? I have lived in one year in the UK, is this significantly going to increase my processing time? What are your opinions on it?
Background/security checks are the most mysterious aspect of processing. If you included a UK police certificate with your application, I don't think it would be a huge problem. (Or even if you didn't. I moved from Canada to Germany and didn't submit a German police cert because, at that time, I hadn't lived here 6+ months; they requested one a couple months after AOR. Getting German police certificates is really fast, though, so that didn't make much difference.)

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
defenestration said:
Background/security checks are the most mysterious aspect of processing. If you included a UK police certificate with your application, I don't think it would be a huge problem. (Or even if you didn't. I moved from Canada to Germany and didn't submit a German police cert because, at that time, I hadn't lived here 6+ months; they requested one a couple months after AOR. Getting German police certificates is really fast, though, so that didn't make much difference.)

yeah because its unfair to increase someones processing time just because they have lived in different countries..I mean i was in UK as a student and I can attach all my certificates to show them that i was studying and I completed my studies there..I dont think it should be a problem......I have one more question..I want to know that when I was a child my name was really big and unpronouncable so after my 10th grade, I shortened my name and in all my documents I have my new name, even in my UK certificates, passport etc..Will that be a issue in background checks? your personal opinions on this please?

J

jahanbani

Hi,
How long did it take to get the medical from the point you sent your documents to CIC (did you send it to Buffalo?)

Thanks,