+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for Outland application done in Canada

headcrusher

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - My partner recently got his medical exam done in Canada whilst he is visiting. He made clear with the doctor that it was an Outland application and the doctor seemed to understand the situation. However, having re-checked the document checklist for outland we noticed we were supposed to get the form, Copy 2 of the Medical Report: IMM 1017 EFC - Medical Report Section A. We only received the receipt and invoice (as if it were an inland application). Now we are unsure if we need to try and get this form (we think it's already been sent to Ottawa) or just send in the invoice and receipt and a note explaining why we don't have the Copy 2 form. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

midnightmav

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
04-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Hi headcrusher, yes you should have received a copy of the IMM1017 form, with a photo, but the medical office is also supposed to send a copy to your visa office, like you say, so it might be alright. I would just do like you say, but maybe try to call the CIC or your local Visa office to double check. Goodluck :)

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had this same exact problem. I was worried about not having the IMM 1017 (though maybe for no reason?) so I spent 2 or 3 weeks calling and re-calling the doctor's office (after them not returning calls, etc) where I had the exam to try to track down the right form. (One woman tried to say that the IMM 1017 form was confidential and nobody was allowed to even give that out!) But finally I got in touch with someone who knew which form I was requesting and said she could give it to me if I paid $35 more dollars and gave them two more passport photos. So I did, and I got the IMM 1017 form. It was a huge frustration though, and to be honest, I wonder of immigration would have been fine without that particular form. However, I submitted a while back and e-cas now says that my medical results have been received, so now I am just glad it those results got to where they need to be. Good luck trying to figure it out! (And maybe you could call the CIC to see if your receipt might be enough?)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
headcrusher -

I think what QCSunshine did was the right way to handle this problem. I would recommend you do the same and contact the doctor asap. Better safe than sorry. Good luck!

headcrusher

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for your advice! It's always helpful to hear about other's experiences :)

rodriarano

Nov 12, 2011
I'm having the same problem as headcrusher had back in 2010. I would like to know what did you do finally?

I don't have anything but the invoice and a "letter" from the doctor saying I took my exams in a certain date.

:S

A

AmiMarin

The DR that did my husbands exams didnt give anything back either except invoices...Also he didnt ask for Appendix C...and my husband didnt think to just give the DR the apendix C....we just called the DR 2 days ago and he said we dont need any papers from him and he didnt need the apendix C and if there was a problem with the exams the embassy would have called him or my husband by now....

rodriarano

Nov 12, 2011
AmiMarin said:
The DR that did my husbands exams didnt give anything back either except invoices...Also he didnt ask for Appendix C...and my husband didnt think to just give the DR the apendix C....we just called the DR 2 days ago and he said we dont need any papers from him and he didnt need the apendix C and if there was a problem with the exams the embassy would have called him or my husband by now....what to do??
Thank you! Ok, then it seems to be just fine with the paper I have. I don't know why it's not clearer all this matter :S

I guess in the woooorst of the case they will send me a request if there is a form missing, don't you think?

A

AmiMarin

I assume everything is ok with just invoices...I guess we will find out if we get calls from the VO's.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I'n pretty sure the document checklist asks for appendix C for the medical....?

A

AmiMarin

ya it does ask for the apendix C but the DR never asked for it...and when we called the other day the Dr said it was ok...i will be sending in new proof of our relationship soon so do you think it would be ok if I sent the Apendix C in with it too or does it HAVE to be sent in with the medicals? All it is is the name, address, DOB, and VO...or should I wait til they ask for it??

A

AmiMarin

ok...well i will just send it in too and explain that the DR didnt ask us for it and says we didnt need it...i guess it cant hurt.

rodriarano

Nov 12, 2011
Yep, I think I'll do the same. I mean, come on, why it's not a bit clearer!! The exam is done, that's the important haha :p