+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical examination_London CIC_ pregnency_supportive documents

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Hi, I am going to get medication examination. My wife is pregnant and due date is first week of November 2012. In this case, is she ok to medication examination specially chest x ray? Also, in this stage they ask me to send other documents like IMM 0008, additional family information etc? I have alredy sent before 1 year these document. Should I send them again?Moreover, They ask me to pay the fees of permanent resident fee (499+499). At this time should I have to pay these money only because I already paid them processing fees 1 year before.
Anyone please help me in this regard. I have no contact information to ask these queries for.
Thnk you
sugal

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sugalk said:
Hi, I am going to get medication examination. My wife is pregnant and due date is first week of November 2012. In this case, is she ok to medication examination specially chest x ray? Also, in this stage they ask me to send other documents like IMM 0008, additional family information etc? I have alredy sent before 1 year these document. Should I send them again?Moreover, They ask me to pay the fees of permanent resident fee (499+499). At this time should I have to pay these money only because I already paid them processing fees 1 year before.
Anyone please help me in this regard. I have no contact information to ask these queries for.
Thnk you
sugal
1. The spouse should discuss it with her Dr. about the x-ray. You know that once the child is born, then you have to amend the application to add the child, pay the processing fee, get a passport and wait for medical instructions.
2. The RPRF is $490 each, not $499.
3. CHC wants to see if there has been anything changed, that is why they ask for new forms.

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
thanks, tomorrow I will call Dr and whats going on further. I assumed x ray is not good for unborn baby at this stage and Dr will not suggest it to do so. ALso, I got the information that everything for medical check up can be done except x ray which will be submitted later after 3 months of baby born.
Any way thanx

gudboy

Mar 13, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
April 2010
Med's Request
05 June 2012
Med's Done....
17 June 2012
Interview........
Waied off
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 Nov 2012 InshAllah Soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah in March April 2013
sugalk said:
Thnk you
sugal
I had almost the same issue.

1- You can go ahead and do medicals. Your wife will not be able to do chest x-ray. While you do medical, there is a form to fill. In that form, you need to mention if you or your spouse is pregnant. If yes then EDD. We did the same. We received a letter from CHC London after Delivery requesting for chest x-ray.
2- You need to send all the forms again with updated information
3- You need to pay RPRF for yourself and your spouse.

Once this is done, you will get a call within 3-5 months for passports

Wish you best of luck

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
thank you very much for your sharing, this is really apprecitaive. I planned same way so already booked for appointment. Thanx again dude.

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Re: medical examination_London CIC

What are the life threatening diseases and health hazards/risk/cost to Canada when getting medical examination?

gloire

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you inform the immigration about the pregnancy?

have read the post of someone who had his wife pregnant while they were waiting to do their medicals.
He informed the immigration about that and their answer was that if the baby is supposed to be delivered in Canada, no need to change anything on the procecus of their file.

I suggest that your wife pass her medical normally unless you are not in a huury to travel to Canada. About the x-ray, she will do it with special protection used for the safety of the mum and your baby.

So...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
gloire said:
I suggest that your wife pass her medical normally unless you are not in a huury to travel to Canada. About the x-ray, she will do it with special protection used for the safety of the mum and your baby.
Most doctors recommend against this because it can cause permanent damage to the baby.

gloire

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone posted this in an another subject on this forum:

[b]PPR specifically mentions about change in family composition. They mention, if you are expecting your baby, they advice you to have the baby in canada. This is what I got in my PPR email.

NOTE: If you are expecting a child and are able to land in Canada before the child is born, you should do so. Failure to land before additional dependants are born will result in the need for a new application and new fees for all family members.
[/b]

gloire

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below i post the answer received by the first applicant i was talking about. It is for those who can read and understand french ;) ;) ;)

"Monsieur,
Vous nous avez informé de la naissance ou de la naissance prochaine de votre enfant.
Veuillez accepter nos sincères félicitations.
IMPORTANT :
#
Si vous avez déjà reçu vos visas de résident permanent, veuillez noter qu'ils ne sont
plus valables
à partir du moment où vous avez une nouvelle personne à charge. Vous ne
devriez
en aucun cas utiliser ces visas pour entrer au Canada. Vous devez nous les faire
parvenir avec les formulaires IMM5292 "Confirmation de résidence permanente" afin que
nous puissions les annuler. Nous vous retournerons vos passeports.
#
Si toutefois il s'agit d'une grossesse en cours, aucune démarche auprès de notre service
n'est nécessaire
pourvu que la naissance ait lieu au Canada. Tout enfant né au Canada est
citoyen canadien.

So after he told the immigration that his wife was pregnant, they wrote to him that if they already received their visas before the delivery of the baby, they have to return their passports for the visa to be cancelled; because of the new composition of the family.
But as long as the baby is supposed to be born in Canada, no need for any change in their file. They are adding that Every baby born in Canada is a canadian citizen.

toronto297

Jan 31, 2014
gloire said:
Below i post the answer received by the first applicant i was talking about. It is for those who can read and understand french ;) ;) ;)

"Monsieur,
Vous nous avez informé de la naissance ou de la naissance prochaine de votre enfant.
Veuillez accepter nos sincères félicitations.
IMPORTANT :
#
Si vous avez déjà reçu vos visas de résident permanent, veuillez noter qu'ils ne sont
plus valables
à partir du moment où vous avez une nouvelle personne à charge. Vous ne
devriez
en aucun cas utiliser ces visas pour entrer au Canada. Vous devez nous les faire
parvenir avec les formulaires IMM5292 "Confirmation de résidence permanente" afin que
nous puissions les annuler. Nous vous retournerons vos passeports.
#
Si toutefois il s'agit d'une grossesse en cours, aucune démarche auprès de notre service
n'est nécessaire
pourvu que la naissance ait lieu au Canada. Tout enfant né au Canada est
citoyen canadien.

So after he told the immigration that his wife was pregnant, they wrote to him that if they already received their visas before the delivery of the baby, they have to return their passports for the visa to be cancelled; because of the new composition of the family.
But as long as the baby is supposed to be born in Canada, no need for any change in their file. They are adding that Every baby born in Canada is a canadian citizen.
Hi gloire,

As you mentioned above if baby is born in Canada, he/she is Canadian Citizen, so in this case is Baby required to undergo Medical examination ?
My wife is pregnant and due this month. We are expecting to receive Medical request next month. In this case, should we inform CIC about my wife pregnant or only after baby is born?
Would this require update to Family Information form.. Could you please let us know if you have information on this.. thank you..