+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
missmini said:
oooooooh my God u r truly done!!!! great Thanksgiving gift ;) now u'd better come prepared for Halloween ;););) (i told u that u'd spend Christmas together)
i'm very happy for u, hope u'll stay around and we'll keep in touch!! i really want to know how ur landing will go and ur first months here :)
wish u a wonderful life together in Canada!!!
Yessss!!

Trully almost done!

Tomorrow I am leaving to Bucharest...in our train.... ??? Took toook toook.... ::) But its noot so hot anymore at it was last summer... ;D..

We'll keep in touch for sure, I will share with you my experince about my first contact with Canada.

Good to hear of you Missmini. ;)

A très bientot ma chrére. ;)

Pe curand!

All the best to you. :-* :-* :-*

thepie

Oct 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
extension being requested
Med's Done....
10-08-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-09-2012 (package sent to SVO 01-10-2012)
LANDED..........
08/12/2012
Hi Everybody!

Just a quick question. This may have come up before, but I may have overlooked. Does anyone know if the medical extension process takes longer than doing the re-med? I was mailed a request for passport, police check, photos, and IMM 5669. I was told through my MP that my medicals were being requested for extension. I submitted the package for October 1st, 2012. Did anyone go through something similar?

VISA Office: Singapore
Application filed: Sept 12, 2011

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
thepie said:
Hi Everybody!

Just a quick question. This may have come up before, but I may have overlooked. Does anyone know if the medical extension process takes longer than doing the re-med? I was mailed a request for passport, police check, photos, and IMM 5669. I was told through my MP that my medicals were being requested for extension. I submitted the package for October 1st, 2012. Did anyone go through something similar?

VISA Office: Singapore
Application filed: Sept 12, 2011
I am not sure but I suppose a new medical takes the same time as a request for a new medical extension.

Any medical go through main office in London, by the time you do medicals, by the time are sended to London by the time your VO requested them ....I think takes some time. Only thing you gain is the cost of a new medical.

But if you received a passport request letter than a new extension was approved by London in your case.

Congrats for PPR!

You are almost done! :)

thepie

Oct 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
extension being requested
Med's Done....
10-08-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-09-2012 (package sent to SVO 01-10-2012)
LANDED..........
08/12/2012
I.N said:
I am not sure but I suppose a new medical takes the same time as a request for a new medical extension.

Any medical go through main office in London, by the time you do medicals, by the time are sended to London by the time your VO requested them ....I think takes some time. Only thing you gain is the cost of a new medical.

But if you received a passport request letter than a new extension was approved by London in your case.

Congrats for PPR!

You are almost done! :)
Thanks I.N,

My Visa office is in Singapore and the RMO is in Manila. But I think it should be similar! Congrats and best of luck to you too!

Dominicanada

Nov 20, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am new to this group but I have a few questions. My husband is currently in the Dominican Republic and his interview was November 8th. The medical exam expired on November 7th so we requested an extension. Does anyone know how long it takes before they contact us? Can they say no? I am trying to get information from the VO but - nobody seems to want to give us answers :(

Any information you can provide would be great! Thank you

crys789

Nov 27, 2012
Hi I just noticed that this could be a problem for me??? I just received my PPR Nov. 21, 2012 for the copies of my passport via e-mail in Ottawa (sent the same day), I was really excited to see this thinking that I might be in Canada for Christmas with my husband (I've missed 2 Christmas's with him already). Anyways the PPR just told me to send my passport nothing else (unless something changed like marriage, children, ect.)... If they had a problem with my medical exam, that was up a year Sept. 13th 2012, wouldn't they have let me know it in that letter? Do they automatically grant extensions without you asking... I was unaware of this whole thing until I come across it tonight... None the less I did email them but 15 months will be the 13 of Dec. I hope they already did the extension because why would they sent me PPR and ask for nothing else?

If you guys have any info I would be very grateful!!

P.S. my papers were received April 30, 2012
and im Applying within the USA and I am a USA citizen

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crys789 said:
Hi I just noticed that this could be a problem for me??? I just received my PPR Nov. 21, 2012 for the copies of my passport via e-mail in Ottawa (sent the same day), I was really excited to see this thinking that I might be in Canada for Christmas with my husband (I've missed 2 Christmas's with him already). Anyways the PPR just told me to send my passport nothing else (unless something changed like marriage, children, ect.)... If they had a problem with my medical exam, that was up a year Sept. 13th 2012, wouldn't they have let me know it in that letter? Do they automatically grant extensions without you asking... I was unaware of this whole thing until I come across it tonight... None the less I did email them but 15 months will be the 13 of Dec. I hope they already did the extension because why would they sent me PPR and ask for nothing else?

If you guys have any info I would be very grateful!!

P.S. my papers were received April 30, 2012
and im Applying within the USA and I am a USA citizen
This means that they already requested the extension, got it, and are ready to issue the CoPR. As long as your passport is valid past Sept 13 2013, that will likely be the expiration date of your CoPR so you'll need to land before then. The silver lining of the delays (given Buffalo closure, etc) is that you'll have a bit more flexibility now if you need it.

Congratulations!

crys789

Nov 27, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
This means that they already requested the extension, got it, and are ready to issue the CoPR. As long as your passport is valid past Sept 13 2013, that will likely be the expiration date of your CoPR so you'll need to land before then. The silver lining of the delays (given Buffalo closure, etc) is that you'll have a bit more flexibility now if you need it.

Congratulations!
Thank you so much that takes a huge load off...! I'm just sitting around waiting on the CoPR in the mail now hopefully I will be home for Christmas! Its been too too long! Its hard to be away from your husband and i'm sure a lot of you have gone or are going through the same thing, this is proof this day actually comes hehe hang in there guys!!! <3 <3 Thanks again!!!

Crystal

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crys789 said:
Thank you so much that takes a huge load off...! I'm just sitting around waiting on the CoPR in the mail now hopefully I will be home for Christmas! Its been too too long! Its hard to be away from your husband and i'm sure a lot of you have gone or are going through the same thing, this is proof this day actually comes hehe hang in there guys!!! <3 <3 Thanks again!!!

Crystal
My pleasure. Happy landing and happy holidays.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Good evening everyone,

So my hubby got an email stating that they sent off for his medical to be extended extension and will they let me know the outcome? Or do I just have to wait until they decide to say something.

Getting so tired of all the waiting with uncertainty.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blondie1216 said:
Good evening everyone,

So my hubby got an email stating that they sent off for his medical to be extended extension and will they let me know the outcome? Or do I just have to wait until they decide to say something.

Getting so tired of all the waiting with uncertainty.
This is very good news - they can only ask for the medical results to be extended if it is the only thing missing to take a decision. You should hear back in a few weeks once they have an answer as they finalize your case.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
OhCanadiana said:
This is very good news - they can only ask for the medical results to be extended if it is the only thing missing to take a decision. You should hear back in a few weeks once they have an answer as they finalize your case.
Great thanks for the news! I am hoping that I hear something very soon.. Having Faith that my process is soon over!

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the medical extension, do we have to send an email to request an extension or should we just wait until the officer asks for it! Also my medical will be expired in the 1st week of next month!

So what should I do??

Thanks in advance!

:)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Canada Wolf said:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the medical extension, do we have to send an email to request an extension or should we just wait until the officer asks for it! Also my medical will be expired in the 1st week of next month!

So what should I do??

Thanks in advance!

:)
Hey,

No you do not request anything. Your VO will apply for an extension if they require it. An officer won't ask you anything about it, you won't know anything until you either receive your COPR or they instruct you to do further medical examinations. Mine expired November 1st and I never heard anything regarding my expired medicals. My ECAS shows "DM", so whatever they required they did internally.

Good luck :D

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed &gt; Ottawa &gt; Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 &gt; Ottawa 10/9/12 &gt; LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Just wanted to add, this has to be the only reason the IO hasn't made a decision, if they require any other documents they will make you redo the medical, and the exam must have been done with-in 15 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp
The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada.