+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Today, I have noticed an update in the profile! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: heh
the documents review went from "We are reviewing." to "We don't need any documents from you".
Well... they haven't requested ANY documents during this 4.5 months!:))

Aor: 18 May
Med and BC: 1 August
We don't need additional document: 25 September

Considering the average time for all my updates...the next one would be in approx 2 months......-.-:eek::eek::eek: but I really hope sooner for ALL OF US! ha!.. ><

What do you think about this update guys? From what I have seen, people with or without this particular update were getting the decisions and PPR emails anyways..but could it actually mean that the picked up the file and are working on it right now??
Could mean they are working on your file, sure.

Many people (a lot of people actually!) see this specific update even they never had to submit an additional document.
In my observation, most of them get PPR soon too!
I guess it is the update about "work" on the application, not necessarily related to the specific section.

Reactions: Altim

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hey friends,

today i opened my ee profile and it was showing updated and my bg is changed to we are processing your bg check we will inform u .... however, i didn't received any email for this update ... so i was wondering if it is normal to get an update without receiving any email or is it a kind of technical error ....

Thanks
No, you don't get emails for every status updates.
Then again, some people get emails but their application does not show any updates!

Well, the update or email means someone is working on your application and that is definitely a great sign.

Sitting on a 5-month-old application with no updates./emails what so ever!

Reactions: sokaur

Hiyer

Aug 21, 2017
That's so so true. Everytime I get an email notification, I pray it to be that golden email.
We are FSW and applied on May 12th, and got an RPRF request on July 18th and paid on 21st, Background check changed to .. We are processing your background check around 30th August and no updates since then..

We have applied through a consultant and hence depend on them or IVR for updates. I sent an email to cpc but they said they could not share information as my email was not registered with the said UCI / Case Number.

Any suggestions as applying for GCMS would be premature and will anyways take 3-4 weeks.. Yep holding on patiently

Hiyer

Aug 21, 2017
We are FSW and applied on May 12th, and got an RPRF request on July 18th and paid on 21st, Background check changed to .. We are processing your background check around 30th August and no updates since then..

We have applied through a consultant and hence depend on them or IVR for updates. I sent an email to cpc but they said they could not share information as my email was not registered with the said UCI / Case Number.

Any suggestions as applying for GCMS would be premature and will anyways take 3-4 weeks.. Yep holding on patiently

Actually come to think of it the file did move pretty quickly between July 18th to Aug 30th with ADR moving from Docs requested to being reviewed to No docs required and the BCG moving from Not Applicable to We are processing your background check.. After that its been like that since.. As per my consultant they said files still at CPC - Ottawa

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hey friends,

today i opened my ee profile and it was showing updated and my bg is changed to we are processing your bg check we will inform u .... however, i didn't received any email for this update ... so i was wondering if it is normal to get an update without receiving any email or is it a kind of technical error ....

Thanks
You get an email only twice during the entire process - first when you clear your medicals and later when you get PPR.

Good luck.

Reactions: achawla and sokaur

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017

Using the registered email address to know your status from CPC would have received a standard reply anyways. I've emailed them three times and all the time they said my application is at their office and being processed under the regulatory timeline.

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
Hey Forum members,
I am one of the silent member.
Finally got my golden email.

Here’s my timeline

AOR May 15
Med July 17
IP1 Sept22
Na2Sept22
IP2 Sept22
PPR SEPT 25

Thanks to everyone.
Hope is still alive.

Note:- Same timeline for my friend as we applied same time.
CONGRATULAAAATIONS!!!! :)

Did you have a "document section" changed? From " we re reviewing your documents" to " we do not need any additional documents"?
What is your profile looks like right now?

Last edited:

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hey Forum members,

Here’s my timeline

AOR May 15
Med July 17
IP1 Sept22
Na2Sept22
IP2 Sept22
PPR SEPT 25

Thanks to everyone.
Hope is still alive.

Congrats

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Just an update, I called CIC finally ( first time since my AOR on 31st May ).

Currently my application is in Ottawa office
Security and Background Check - To be completed / Not started
Application was transferred to Ottawa office on 7th Aug when my medical status was updated to Passed
Eligibility is recommended as passed

Now in wait status like a lot of us in here. .....

Piece of advise for people waiting in different stages, if you have applied in May this would be a good time to call CIC and ask them specific questions.

1. What's your current status ?
2. What all has been completed in your profile ?
3. What all is pending to be completed ?
4. Which is your local visa office ?
5. What's the eligibility recommendation on your file ?
6. Ask for possible timelines ( hard to get an answer to this as they will tell you the 6 month average processing time answer, but hey nothing wrong in trying ).

Regards
Riyas Siraj

Slimmy1

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
May 6
Passport Req..
Sept 25,2017
Morning people, so I got the golden email yesterday at about 5pm mountain time.

AOR May 6
CIC Inland
Medical passed in August
RPRF requested on August 28
RPRF paid on August 29
PPR Sept 25

Reactions: btoronto

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017

AOR May 6
CIC Inland
Medical passed in August
RPRF paid on August 29
PPR Sept 25
Congrats

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hey Forum members,

Here’s my timeline

AOR May 15
Med July 17
IP1 Sept22
Na2Sept22
IP2 Sept22
PPR SEPT 25

Thanks to everyone.
Hope is still alive.

Congratulations Shubhamagg, please where was your Visa Office? Also, did your friend also get PPR? That's great. Is it the same visa office as well.

kcc

Mar 21, 2015
Hey Forum members,

Here’s my timeline

AOR May 15
Med July 17
IP1 Sept22
Na2Sept22
IP2 Sept22
PPR SEPT 25

Thanks to everyone.
Hope is still alive.

@Shubhamagg15 Congratulations. Are you single or with Spouse ?

Mine is same date as yours 15th May AOR and with Spouse.

Last edited:

kcc

Mar 21, 2015

AOR May 6
CIC Inland
Medical passed in August
RPRF paid on August 29
PPR Sept 25
@Slimmy1 Congratulations. Are you single or with Spouse ?

Mine is 15th May AOR and with Spouse.

Last edited: