+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 26, 2016 TRV Applicant filed in VFS ABUDHABI

riznieva

Nov 2, 2014
Hello guys, good day! Need help please.
My husband filed his TRV application last May 26, 2016 at VFS Abudhabi, but since then he never received any email or update from CIC of abudhabi. And today he received this email from VFS. We're confused about this. Does anyone here who is in the same situation?

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your correspondence has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 19 Jul 2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number:20160526XXXXXXXXXXXXX

And when we tried to track his application, this is what's written:

Your Passport Status
Documents for visa application, tracking ID No.20160526XXXXXXXXXXX have been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 19/07/2016 .

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riznieva said:
My husband filed his TRV application last May 26, 2016 at VFS Abudhabi, but since then he never received any email or update from CIC of abudhabi. And today he received this email from VFS. We're confused about this. Does anyone here who is in the same situation?

We would like to inform you that your correspondence has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 19 Jul 2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number:20160526XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Your Passport Status
Documents for visa application, tracking ID No.20160526XXXXXXXXXXX have been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 19/07/2016 .
Very strange. I received this letter on the day i submitted my application. Maybe you should email vfs..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
riznieva said:

Your Passport Status
It means that a decision has been made on your husband's TRV application..... and the visa office has returned his passport to the CVAC/VFS.

If you have not opted for the processed passport to be couriered to your residence then you can pick up the passport from the CVAC/VFS

riznieva

Nov 2, 2014
Bryanna said:
It means that a decision has been made on your husband's TRV application..... and the visa office has returned his passport to the CVAC/VFS.

If you have not opted for the processed passport to be couriered to your residence then you can pick up the passport from the CVAC/VFS

The thing is he did not include his Passport during his filling TRV application. On monday, we'll know what is it about. He's gonna go to VFS to find out. So strange coz we never received any email from the CIC. Still hoping that it is somehow positive. Thank you Bryanna for your reply.

riznieva

Nov 2, 2014
sisternaima said:
Very strange. I received this letter on the day i submitted my application. Maybe you should email vfs..

Yes it is strange Sisternaima. I told him to go to VFS on Monday to ask and clarify that email. Thank you for your response.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
riznieva said:
The thing is he did not include his Passport during his filling TRV application. On monday, we'll know what is it about. He's gonna go to VFS to find out. So strange coz we never received any email from the CIC. Still hoping that it is somehow positive. Thank you Bryanna for your reply.
Hi,

You must submit the passport along with the TRV application when you apply at a VFS/CVAC. As you did not submit the passport, the visa office has returned the documents without taking any decision on your husband's TRV application.

You will have to reapply from scratch

Cheers

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
I'm surprised VFS accepted your application without the passport. Or did you submit photocopies of all the pages of the passport?

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too was given an option not to submit my passport (a scanned copy will do). But the person who arranged my papers warned me that the processing will take longer if I do not submit my original passport along with my documents. So I gave them my original passport.

riznieva

Nov 2, 2014
mystique9999 said:
I'm surprised VFS accepted your application without the passport. Or did you submit photocopies of all the pages of the passport?
My husband submitted his passport copy. All pages, both old and new passport.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
The message implies that your documents are still under process at the Canadian embassy at Abu Dhabi.

When the application has been processed and either approved or rejected, you will see a message that says something like "documents are being dispatched via the courier partner" or something similar and the passport is returned subsequently. In your case, you will be asked to submit the passport if the application is approved. I am not sure how VFS will get in touch with you for the passport submission.

riznieva

Nov 2, 2014
mystique9999 said:
The message implies that your documents are still under process at the Canadian embassy at Abu Dhabi.

When the application has been processed and either approved or rejected, you will see a message that says something like "documents are being dispatched via the courier partner" or something similar and the passport is returned subsequently. In your case, you will be asked to submit the passport if the application is approved. I am not sure how VFS will get in touch with you for the passport submission.
That's why we're confuse why did they send my husband such email like that. And I told my husband to go to VFS personally today to ask and clarify such thing.

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Bryanna and mystique,

I checked VFS's tracking website and mine says : Documents for visa application, tracking ID No.2016xxxxAEACTRVxxxxx have been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 27/07/2016

I submitted my passport along with my documents last June 1.. I did not receive any email. I cannot link my application online. This is the same message riznieva got.. can you enlighten me about this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
sisternaima said:
I submitted my passport along with my documents last June 1.. I did not receive any email. I cannot link my application online. This is the same message riznieva got.. can you enlighten me about this?
The visa office has returned your processed passport i.e. a decision has been made. You may want to contact VFS tomorrow.

Hope you've got the TRV :)

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, i got my visa today. Approved for the life of the passport. Thanks to this forum, you guys have helped a lot.
I submitted my application June 1 in abu dhabi with my passport.
Tracking website was updated july 27, got my passport today. :)