+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 intake - study permit

nanz17

Apr 17, 2024
I applied on January 24 for May admission. I'm an indian applying from the UAE. There is no response from IRCC and the University has already told me to consider deferral for next year May 2025 as they don't offer any fall entry. It's just heartbreaking that they don't respond and leave you hanging.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied on January 24 for May admission. I'm an indian applying from the UAE. There is no response from IRCC and the University has already told me to consider deferral for next year May 2025 as they don't offer any fall entry. It's just heartbreaking that they don't respond and leave you hanging.
So you are taking a Masters/PhD? Consider changing schools.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm doing a masters in University of Calgary.
So when is the last date you can start your studies in May? If you are willing to wait then only defer at the last moment. The issue is that you still need approval and then get passport stampled. In the meantime look at other schools if you don’t want to wait another year.

nanz17

Apr 17, 2024
So when is the last date you can start your studies in May? If you are willing to wait then only defer at the last moment. The issue is that you still need approval and then get passport stampled. In the meantime look at other schools if you don’t want to wait another year.
The university has said that May 1st is the last date. However, I am trying to negotiate until May 8th when the first class begins. If I do look for other schools, what happens to my visa if I do get it? Do I have to change it from within Canada? Thanks a lot for your responses.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The university has said that May 1st is the last date. However, I am trying to negotiate until May 8th when the first class begins. If I do look for other schools, what happens to my visa if I do get it? Do I have to change it from within Canada? Thanks a lot for your responses.
So you have less than two weeks to get approval and then send off your passport for stamping. Where do you live? Has eligibility and background been completed? If you get visa for U of C and never study there, you need to apply for a new permit.

nanz17

Apr 17, 2024
So you have less than two weeks to get approval and then send off your passport for stamping. Where do you live? Has eligibility and background been completed? If you get visa for U of C and never study there, you need to apply for a new permit.
I live in the UAE. Nothing has changed in the tracker since i applied. Basically everything is pending.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I live in the UAE. Nothing has changed in the tracker since i applied. Basically everything is pending.
UAE takes longer due to number of applicants but also you most likely are not a citzen. IRCC needs to investigate ties and immigration checks to your country of citizenship. Has eligibility started?

Reactions: nanz17

nanz17

Apr 17, 2024
UAE takes longer due to number of applicants but also you most likely are not a citzen. IRCC needs to investigate ties and immigration checks to your country of citizenship. Has eligibility started?
No , eligibility has not started yet.

Krk._k

Apr 16, 2024
Yeah in the status tracker its showing that the eligibility is done and background check has begun on march 22nd
Should i have a hope of getting a positive response?
its almost going to be a month since the background check has begun