+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Visitor/Supervisa Applicants (India)

KALGI

Jun 27, 2023
I got refusal today with generic reasons, the eligibility never started, also I am not sure if the agent looked over application or not as it’s Monday morning in India, or do they work on Sunday ? I am really frustrated.
Applied- 16 June
Refusal- 17 July
What visa was it ? When did you apply ? Did you have previous refusal ? Do you have valid US visa ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It was for my siblings, applied first time for visitor visa their age is 16 and 19.
What were the generic reasons? Do they have travel history? How long of visit and what funds did your parents show? What proof did they show to return? Do your parents have a visa and when did they get approved?

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
What were the generic reasons? Do they have travel history? How long of visit and what funds did your parents show? What proof did they show to return? Do your parents have a visa and when did they get approved?
I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
No travel history. Stay for 2 weeks, we showed bank account details of my siblings around $10k cad and I showed $36k only for spending on them during stay apart from our other bank balances. Sent them school fee receipts as my brother is in Grade 12 and for my sister just wrote that she will be joining college in September in India. My mother has a visitor visa , approved in 2018 and currently lives in Canada with us, she came in April 2023 and there is only grandmother in my family.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
No travel history. Stay for 2 weeks, we showed bank account details of my siblings around $10k cad and I showed $36k only for spending on them during stay apart from our other bank balances. Sent them school fee receipts as my brother is in Grade 12 and for my sister just wrote that she will be joining college in September in India. My mother has a visitor visa , approved in 2018 and currently lives in Canada with us, she came in April 2023 and there is only grandmother in my family.
So what are their family ties to return if their mother is living in Canada? You say living with you so that means she is not just visiting but staying for a long time Grandmother is not considered. Just saying your sister will go to college in September is not enough. With all immediate and extended family in Canada, it will be a challenge for both of them to be approved. Be better if your mother re-established ties in home country and was living there for a while to show that sisters have ties to return.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
So what are their family ties to return if their mother is living in Canada? Grandmother is not considered. Just saying your sister will go to college in September is not enough. With all immediate and extended family in Canada, it will be a challenge for both of them to be approved.
Yes I know but I had seen approvals for the siblings with same situation or even who doesn’t have enough funds or ties that got approvals but as my mother is not PR she is also on visitor’s visa and can only stay 6 months, so most of the time she lives in India, its only this year she came here.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I know but I had seen approvals for the siblings with same situation or even who doesn’t have enough funds or ties that got approvals but as my mother is not PR she is also on visitor’s visa and can only stay 6 months, so most of the time she lives in India, its only this year she came here.
You need to address the reasons for refusal as the reasons are no ties in home country and significant family ties in Canada. The only way to address is for mom to return, re-establish ties and then your sisters reapply and see if approved. Funds is not a reason.

Reactions: Dhillon96

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
You need to address the reasons for refusal as the reasons are no ties in home country and significant family ties in Canada. The only way to address is for mom to return, re-establish ties and then your sisters reapply and see if approved. Funds is not a reason.
Thanks for the advice.

abcone

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Stuck at Eligibility and Background", if anyone is in the same boat, share some light folks.
Applied on May 28th, 2023 Super visa
Eligibility In Progress
Back verification: In Progress
It has taken a long time. Let's hope for the best in the coming days.
This morning, saw below Sign in to the IRCC Portal
Maintenace notice: The IRCC Portal and the online application for visitor visa, study permit and Refugee claims will be unavailable from 7:00 am to 10:00 a.m ET on August 3rd 2023, in order to perform system maintenance.

amitaf26

Jun 16, 2023
"Stuck at Eligibility and Background", if anyone is in the same boat, share some light folks.
Applied on May 28th, 2023 Super visa
Eligibility In Progress
Back verification: In Progress
It has taken a long time. Let's hope for the best in the coming days.
This morning, saw below Sign in to the IRCC Portal
Maintenace notice: The IRCC Portal and the online application for visitor visa, study permit and Refugee claims will be unavailable from 7:00 am to 10:00 a.m ET on August 3rd 2023, in order to perform system maintenance.
Stuck in the same boat but applied on June 14 not April.

abcone

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per the Consulate General of Canada to India, Bangalore, a response email inquiry was received by my local MP office, my in-law's file "Process in the Queue'....Crossing fingers!

Folks pls. share information May or June or July application, if someone has any updates on their super visa application for parents, it is taking a longer time.

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
i m in similar situation as well applied supervisa june 27 2023 and havent got any updates. medical upfront uploaded.. India

abcone

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just inquired to my MP office about my in-law's file, office inquired to IRRC and they just told me my in-law's application is a non-routine.

Below is non-routine info.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5

Had anyone gone through such? pls. shed some light on this, it will be helpful.

"Still Stuck at Eligibility and Background"...long time!

abcone

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today, I just heard from my MP office about my in-law's file, The office inquired to IRCC and responded that "Criminal, and Medical: Passed. There is eligibility review is required and when an eligibility review is required the file is non-routine, and therefore regular processing time does not apply".

Is this Criminal mean Background?
Processing in Bangalore, Consulate General of Canada

Pls. shed some light on this, It will be helpful, should i consult an Imm. lawyer, maybe they can expedite the file.

"Still Stuck at Eligibility and Background"...long time!

Last edited: