+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Any updates regarding your oath ?
None! I've been calling every other day and submitting urgent processing request weekly. I also submitted a complaint yesterday citing the lengthy time of my application vs applicants from Sept/Oct 2023. Their upper mgmt needs to look into this more because they are getting away with faking stats in clearing backlog but really its screwing over older applicants.

Reactions: pp24 and vmax12

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
yes, I think we are the unlucky ones!! I am in the same boat as you are.
I filed a complaint on the timeline vs Sept/Oct applications being processed faster. The older applicants are getting screwed over just so their stats look good. Everyone needs to submit a complaint and obviously write the message professionally and politely but they need to know that everyone is paying attention.

Reactions: naird

vmax12

Jan 15, 2024
None! I've been calling every other day and submitting urgent processing request weekly. I also submitted a complaint yesterday citing the lengthy time of my application vs applicants from Sept/Oct 2023. Their upper mgmt needs to look into this more because they are getting away with faking stats in clearing backlog but really its screwing over older applicants.
My LPP completed on Sep. 12 .. and a Ghost update on Oct 27.. nothing since then. What email do you complain to ?

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
My LPP completed on Sep. 12 .. and a Ghost update on Oct 27.. nothing since then. What email do you complain to ?
Right here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Feedback

I've used this before on other issues I had with IRCC which I was able to resolve so they definitely look at them it just takes time. So enough people submit feedback it will bring it to their attention and maybe they get their shit together in the offices.

Reactions: vmax12

inamh

Jan 17, 2024
Hi All,

Need some help and information. Heres my info:
Application filed: May 15, 2023
Background verification: in progress
Citizenship test Completed : Aug 20, 2023
LPP: in progress
Ghost update : Oct. 27, 2023

Since then i haven't receive any updates. I contacted the ircc and they responded that its still in progress but no other info. Wondering if anyone else is or was in the same boat as I am where everything except test is pending?

ta123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
Hi All,

Since then i haven't receive any updates. I contacted the ircc and they responded that its still in progress but no other info. Wondering if anyone else is or was in the same boat as I am where everything except test is pending?
You are not alone. There are lots of people like you (including me). You can order GCMS notes to find further details. It helped me to find out that I am stuck at security clearance for the past 8 months. Other than waiting, we can't do much :)

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
You are not alone. There are lots of people like you (including me). You can order GCMS notes to find further details. It helped me to find out that I am stuck at security clearance for the past 8 months. Other than waiting, we can't do much :)
Same too. Test completed July 16 LPP still in progress. My app is with Sydney.

inamh

Jan 17, 2024
Can you followup based in the gcms notes? Were you able to followup that what is security clearance and why is it pending?

ta123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
Can you followup based in the gcms notes? Were you able to followup that what is security clearance and why is it pending?
Not really. That is all is written in the notes. I filled out a webform once but I received an automated message just saying that my application is still in progress and I have to wait. I also applied for ATIP on CSIS to get further details but all I received was an acknowledgement that they are doing security checks and they can't release more information. So, waiting is the only option.
I don't know why my application is going through enhanced security clearance, or how long it is going to take, or what it really means and what they are checking. There is not really that much transparency unfortunately. I just am trying to care less :D

inamh

Jan 17, 2024
Not really. That is all is written in the notes. I filled out a webform once but I received an automated message just saying that my application is still in progress and I have to wait. I also applied for ATIP on CSIS to get further details but all I received was an acknowledgement that they are doing security checks and they can't release more information. So, waiting is the only option.
I don't know why my application is going through enhanced security clearance, or how long it is going to take, or what it really means and what they are checking. There is not really that much transparency unfortunately. I just am trying to care less :D
I guess waiting it is then :( Thanks for sharing info. Makes me a bit less anxious knowing im not alone :)

Reactions: ta123

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Hi All,

Question, when traveling and returning back to Canada do you get sent to the secondary examination line to talk to cbsa as a current PR holder at the airport?