+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Hi everyone, I've only requested GCMS notes with Privacy Act. Has anyone chosen the other paid option? What information were you able to access through the Access to Information Act ($5) versus the Privacy Act option?

Second Q: For people who got their oath invites, I'm curious did you get the email during their working hours of 8am - 4pm?

Last edited:

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Hello,

I got GCMS notes. I'm waiting LPP to turn green since ghost update of 27Oct. Last update on GCMS notes shows 2November and 2December but not possible to in tracker some updates.

Application:
Created Date: 2023/09/13
Updated Date: 2023/11/02

It shows "Location: E- Grant DF"
Application Assignment: 2023/12/02
Assigned by: CC.......
Assigned to: AY.......

Do you have any idea what it means?
Any update?

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
Hey all- checked my tracker today and it updated to notify me that I will be invited for an interview on Feb 1st with an email to follow.

I believe interviews were a standard step before covid- but they do seem to currently be used only for potential problem applications (i think).

Any other May applicants scheduled for an interview? Can anyone provide any idea of what I can expect?

ugreen

Dec 26, 2023
Hey all- checked my tracker today and it updated to notify me that I will be invited for an interview on Feb 1st with an email to follow.

I believe interviews were a standard step before covid- but they do seem to currently be used only for potential problem applications (i think).

Any other May applicants scheduled for an interview? Can anyone provide any idea of what I can expect?
One of my friend got an interview back in December. He said they just asked basic questions like what kind of work you do? Have you traveled outside Canada? Etc. No major issues,they just checked the entry and exit stamps on his passport. Interview was done in 10 minutes. Now he is just waiting for the oath invite. So don't worry its just a routine thing.

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
One of my friend got an interview back in December. He said they just asked basic questions like what kind of work you do? Have you traveled outside Canada? Etc. No major issues,they just checked the entry and exit stamps on his passport. Interview was done in 10 minutes. Now he is just waiting for the oath invite. So don't worry its just a routine thing.
Thanks so much!!!

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020

There's a separate thread for citizenship interviews that you may find useful.

Here's the link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-interview.750772/

ugreen

Dec 26, 2023
Also - any idea if the interview will be virtual? Barrie to Scarborough would be a challenge during work time!
You will get the email. That will tell you whether it's virtual or in person. Just an honest suggestion,do no reschedule your interview. It will take months sometime 6 months to get the new appointment.

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
You will get the email. That will tell you whether it's virtual or in person. Just an honest suggestion,do no reschedule your interview. It will take months sometime 6 months to get the new appointment.
Got it- very helpful recommendation, thank you!

Am I the only May applicant with an interview request? Haha

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
Got it- very helpful recommendation, thank you!

Am I the only May applicant with an interview request? Haha
Just in case people are interested- I got my notice to appear at the interview email tonight at 9pm. It is in person :( it asks me to provide all of the original documents that were attached to my application. Feb 1, 2024. Again, hopefully all is good and my application advances very quickly after this like I've seen in some other threads re the interview.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Just in case people are interested- I got my notice to appear at the interview email tonight at 9pm. It is in person :( it asks me to provide all of the original documents that were attached to my application. Feb 1, 2024. Again, hopefully all is good and my application advances very quickly after this like I've seen in some other threads re the interview.
I wonder why the automated emails go out on weekends too. How slow are there systems lol

Reactions: ScotchCad

apoorvab

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What the heck is happening with the May applications? So many of my friends that applied in June/July 2023 already have their passports lol

vmax12

Jan 15, 2024
How i know if decision was made or not, i have my LPP completed in Sept 12, 2023 but no updates about oath. do you think decision still pending ?

• Wow
Reactions: IPULL

vmax12

Jan 15, 2024
Application filed: May 26, 2023
Background verification Completed: June 21, 2023
Citizenship test Completed : Jul 5, 2023
LPP completed : Sep 12, 2023
Ghost update : Oct. 27, 2023

Since then i haven't receive any updates