+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hello everyone, I am in a bit of a dilemma and do not know how to proceed so would love to get some advice. My application went "in process" on 9th of august and so far I have not been requested to do my finger printing. Now I am getting married out of the country second week of January 2019 and will have to leave from mid-November or the maximum end of November. I am hoping that I would do my test date before that but you never know. So my question is:

1. Should I let them know that I am travelling and won't be available to from a certain date to a certain date?

2. If so what is the process to do that and also will this affect my application? As in increase my application time?
Thanks guys
Fingerprinting is not mandatory for citizenship and occurs only in certain cases where a false match or positive match is received. Usually, an FP request is received within 6 weeks of application going in process. If you do not get an FP request within 60 days of the application going in process, you will most likely not recieve it.

Secondly, you do not have to inform the CIC regards your travel. If you test date falls within the travel period, call CIC and they will give you a new date for the test. This is nothing to be worried about as of now. Yes, it does increase the application process time as the next test date is not immediate. My colleague got a test date 4 months after his request and then another 2 months for Oath. It depends on case to case.

nazk

Jul 9, 2018
Fingerprinting is not mandatory for citizenship and occurs only in certain cases where a false match or positive match is received. Usually, an FP request is received within 6 weeks of application going in process. If you do not get an FP request within 60 days of the application going in process, you will most likely not recieve it.

Secondly, you do not have to inform the CIC regards your travel. If you test date falls within the travel period, call CIC and they will give you a new date for the test. This is nothing to be worried about as of now. Yes, it does increase the application process time as the next test date is not immediate. My colleague got a test date 4 months after his request and then another 2 months for Oath. It depends on case to case.
Thanks so much for the feedback. After giving the citizenship test how long is the timing between that and taking the oath? (average time?) Also do I have to declare my status change. ( I am getting married in my home country and my fiancée is American)

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks so much for the feedback. After giving the citizenship test how long is the timing between that and taking the oath? (average time?) Also do I have to declare my status change. ( I am getting married in my home country and my fiancée is American)
Look here for the processing time statistics mindful that very few applicants are on this website and many do not update their status regularly. However, this data provides you a good inferential statistics for how long does it take.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=1723141943

On status change, it is always a good idea to inform the CIC about he status change as soon as it occurs if your application is in process. Change in marriage status is a significant status change before you grant is issued and must be reported by telephone as well as a trackable letter with your application number. I do not think that a status changes makes any difference to your processing timeline but is more to do with accurate representation by the applicant. Good luck on your marriage !

Last edited:

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
my application was received on May 18th and no AOR yet. I dont know if it is better to seat back and relax or call CIC.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
my application was received on May 18th and no AOR yet. I dont know if it is better to seat back and relax or call CIC.
No harm in calling them. If you find a cooperative agent he will open a service ticket for you. If not, he will tell you to relax. It costs nothing to call, so do call and let us know how it goes.

dwohns

Aug 28, 2018
Can you add my application?
Family (2)
Kitchener
Physical presence: 1105
File sent: May 18
Delivered: May 28
AOR: August 3
IP: August 17

suzanar

Aug 1, 2018
Hello, any reason why can't I access my application online? AOR August 2nd, could log into my account and see all the information afterwards, been on vacation last 2 weeks and didn't check my account during that time, after trying to log in today it says the same thing like before receiving my AOR.

Any advice?
Thank you!

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
No harm in calling them. If you find a cooperative agent he will open a service ticket for you. If not, he will tell you to relax. It costs nothing to call, so do call and let us know how it goes.
so I called CIC today morning and after being in queue for 35 minutes a nice lady answered my call. I provided my UCI and she did not find my citizenship application. She advised that I be patient and the officers are working on applications received between April 23rd and July 23rd. I guess I have no choice but being patient.

@ Jamson: I tried ECAS last week and today by entering my UCI and it says : " We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons'

Last edited:
Reactions: jangotrick

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
so I called CIC today morning and after being in queue for 35 minutes a nice lady answered my call. I provided my UCI and she did not find my citizenship application. She advised that I be patient and the officers are working on applications received between April 23rd and July 23rd. I guess I have no choice but being patient.

@ Jamson: I tried ECAS last week and today by entering my UCI and it says : " We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons'
100% exactly same as me

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hello, any reason why can't I access my application online? AOR August 2nd, could log into my account and see all the information afterwards, been on vacation last 2 weeks and didn't check my account during that time, after trying to log in today it says the same thing like before receiving my AOR.

Any advice?
Thank you!
Looks like some tech issues if you recieved your AOR and were able to see the AOR status . Call CIC and let the know about the problem. They should be able to open a support ticket for the Tech team. Please do let us know here how it goes as it will help others.

morgos47

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
19-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
20-04-2016
Still haven't gotten my app to "in process" stage. AOR was issued on Jul 31st. Those guys are slow. Seems like everyone in my time slot has gotten theirs already. Or could be that Calgary cic office is slammed.

Last edited:

ebainbridge

Jan 4, 2018
In process/decision made: 8/22 (citizen by descent)

That's the end of the road for me. Good luck to everyone else here!
Congratulations!

I received my AOR eight days before you received yours, but I'm still waiting for a decision. The delay might be because my father, born in 1915, never had a birth certificate. All I was able to provide was his Ontario birth registration. I'm hoping it's just taking a little longer to process because of that.

charles4eva

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018

Any advice?
Thank you!
it is possible that you accidentally opted yourself out of the online system. Once you have done so you will have to call IRCC for all updates on your application since you wont be able to view the status online again. Hope this is not the mistake you made.

Reactions: jangotrick