App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
Hey guys, I'm new here. I am a US applicant my husband is the Canadian sponsor. My application was sent the May 22 to the Mississauga location. It was received and linked to my online account,and he got the letter approving him as a sponsor. I did send my schedule A and the letter from the FBI stating that I had no criminal history with my application. But I am starting to get concerned because we have not received a request for medical check. I am worried that my online account is not working correctly. Also I am wondering how people get so many updates on their application? (When it's being sent to other offices and such)

Ikninder

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
I am may 2017 applicant

My agent just got this email as mentioned. Can any one tell me what is this .i got this on 3 Aug .

[ Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca ]
Please let me know.
I don't know where my file is. As I haven't linked my account online.
I am submitted medical pcc and schedule form before getting this email

R

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Hey guys, I'm new here. I am a US applicant my husband is the Canadian sponsor. My application was sent the May 22 to the Mississauga location. It was received and linked to my online account,and he got the letter approving him as a sponsor. I did send my schedule A and the letter from the FBI stating that I had no criminal history with my application. But I am starting to get concerned because we have not received a request for medical check. I am worried that my online account is not working correctly. Also I am wondering how people get so many updates on their application? (When it's being sent to other offices and such)
CIC's request system is a bit wonky at times and people (including me) have had issues receiving requests. My issue was only with the Schedule A request though - I got my medical request in my GCKey messages and everything worked great. Seemingly depending on your visa office, you may get a medical request after your file gets transferred. I'm not familiar with US cases, but I know it's happened with others.

If you're worried and it's bothering you, your best bet may be to call CIC and ask them if there are any requests for documents. This has been my preferred strategy because I don't have a ton of faith in their GCKey messages system haha. It may even be a good idea to call and check in periodically (say, monthly), while your file is still in Mississauga so that you know you're still moving along.

Updates come from a few things. GCKey and ECAS are platforms through which you can see the status of your application yourself. There are lots of milestones that you'll see mentioned on these forums (AOR [Acknowledgement of receipt], SA [Sponsor Approval], AOR2 [AOR from your visa office], DM [Decision Made], PPR [Passport Request], etc.). These are probably the "updates" that you're talking about. Oftentimes you'll get an email about them, and they can also be seen in GCKey and ECAS.

If you feel that things aren't moving along properly, give CIC a call and double check!

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
I am may 2017 applicant

My agent just got this email as mentioned. Can any one tell me what is this .i got this on 3 Aug .

[ Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca ]
Please let me know.
I don't know where my file is. As I haven't linked my account online.
I am submitted medical pcc and schedule form before getting this email

R

This email is just CIC confirming that they received a document you sent them.

Reactions: Ikninder

jymontreal

Jul 1, 2017
Application received on May 30
Schedule A & PCC uploaded on Jul 1
But still waiting for medical request and SA.. should I call the government?
Are they busy with getting refugees?

Mbcu95

Aug 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
CIC's request system is a bit wonky at times and people (including me) have had issues receiving requests. My issue was only with the Schedule A request though - I got my medical request in my GCKey messages and everything worked great. Seemingly depending on your visa office, you may get a medical request after your file gets transferred. I'm not familiar with US cases, but I know it's happened with others.

If you're worried and it's bothering you, your best bet may be to call CIC and ask them if there are any requests for documents. This has been my preferred strategy because I don't have a ton of faith in their GCKey messages system haha. It may even be a good idea to call and check in periodically (say, monthly), while your file is still in Mississauga so that you know you're still moving along.

Updates come from a few things. GCKey and ECAS are platforms through which you can see the status of your application yourself. There are lots of milestones that you'll see mentioned on these forums (AOR [Acknowledgement of receipt], SA [Sponsor Approval], AOR2 [AOR from your visa office], DM [Decision Made], PPR [Passport Request], etc.). These are probably the "updates" that you're talking about. Oftentimes you'll get an email about them, and they can also be seen in GCKey and ECAS.

If you feel that things aren't moving along properly, give CIC a call and double check!
Thank you seems like a lot of people are having issues with the Mississauga location as well. I will try to call again, I've tried a few times it always says "our agents are busy" and then just hangs up. Super frustrating wish I could have gotten a work permit, but I need to be able to go back to the states in case of emergency.

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Thank you seems like a lot of people are having issues with the Mississauga location as well. I will try to call again, I've tried a few times it always says "our agents are busy" and then just hangs up. Super frustrating wish I could have gotten a work permit, but I need to be able to go back to the states in case of emergency.
Yeah, it's a tough situation all around. I have a hard time understanding why they don't just put us on hold - I know most of us would be willing to wait even a few hours if we had to. It can help to call early in the morning. You'll still have to wait a while, but at least you have a better shot of getting through.

Good luck!

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Most of us 2017 US applicants have not received medical requests because our files haven't been transferred. It seems like they are all just sitting in Mississauga.

Mbcu95

Aug 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
Most of us 2017 US applicants have not received medical requests because our files haven't been transferred. It seems like they are all just sitting in Mississauga.

Wonderful, it's so frustrating. Puts our lives on hold for sure. I guess I'll try to call.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
#26447Yesterday at 8:12 PM
Hi! I understand that nowadays, it takes one week (upon AOR) before the sponsor gets a status "decision made" on ecas, I am wondering my sponsor status is still in process. I got my AOR last august 4. Is there a chance that when 'in process' is taking long, the sponsor might be ineligible? My husband has a criminal record 10 yrs ago (possession of illegal substance). And he got his ex gf pregnant almost 3 yrs ago. Do you think thats the reason of the delay?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
#26447Yesterday at 8:12 PM
Hi! I understand that nowadays, it takes one week (upon AOR) before the sponsor gets a status "decision made" on ecas, I am wondering my sponsor status is still in process. I got my AOR last august 4. Is there a chance that when 'in process' is taking long, the sponsor might be ineligible? My husband has a criminal record 10 yrs ago (possession of illegal substance). And he got his ex gf pregnant almost 3 yrs ago. Do you think thats the reason of the delay?
Could very well be that the sponsor doesnt qualify to be one. Getting the girl pregnant has no bearing. They will verify his income and criminal record as well as if he owes any money to ircc. You could always a call and ask. Another thing to keep in mind is EVERY case is different. It doesnt always take a week. It can take several days or weeks

KP1988

Jul 14, 2017
Hello guys! I uploaded pcc and schedule A form on Aug 2. Never got any email of my file transfer to NDVO. But today in my gc account the background check changed in to not applicable. Is it normal? Plz help me with this thanks