+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Tgum23

Star Member
May 10, 2017
congrats!!

I think my theory is working here..it took a long time to get test invite but now its going super fast..
But hey, did you notice the Mississauga applicants From April and March? I don't see many of them getting test invites either. You think they aren't updating it?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
But hey, did you notice the Mississauga applicants From April and March? I don't see many of them getting test invites either. You think they aren't updating it?
Test invites will come sooner or later but after that process will be fast. My guess!!

Tgum23

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Test invites will come sooner or later but after that process will be fast. My guess!!
I think at this point, that is the only logical conclusion if the assumption is that cic honours their timeline. Of they don't, we will definitely take more than 12 months

Harry)thak

May 30, 2017
Hi Folks,

I got my test done ......scored 19/20 the test was pretty simple, try and do as many sample test on websites as possible that is the key. Got the interview done too..........the man was nice and checked all the stamps on my passport asked me few questions like where I work and how long....about family.....
To my surprise I also got the oath done at the same time.........!!! make sure to spare 2-3 hours if you have oath ceremony........!!! All in all very good experience..and was delighted that its all over now.........!!!

All the best to who ever is having their test..........it not that much an issue but do study well..........that's all I can say.............
If anyone has any further question I will be delighted to help............please don't ask about the test questions as we are not allowed to discuss that..!!

Can you please update my status...............!!! and I got it from Edmonton office.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Hi Folks,

I got my test done ......scored 19/20 the test was pretty simple, try and do as many sample test on websites as possible that is the key. Got the interview done too..........the man was nice and checked all the stamps on my passport asked me few questions like where I work and how long....about family.....
To my surprise I also got the oath done at the same time.........!!! make sure to spare 2-3 hours if you have oath ceremony........!!! All in all very good experience..and was delighted that its all over now.........!!!

All the best to who ever is having their test..........it not that much an issue but do study well..........that's all I can say.............
If anyone has any further question I will be delighted to help............please don't ask about the test questions as we are not allowed to discuss that..!!

Can you please update my status...............!!! and I got it from Edmonton office.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Are you living in Edmonton or nearby? sometimes people who are living in places far from Edmonton, they will make the test and oath at the same day. Anyway, Many congrats!

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi Folks,

wow congrats!!!!

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Done with test today at Scarborough. Got 15/20 (passed).

At interview the lady asked only couple of personal questions and told to wait for oath letter. I overheard they were asking more details from other people. I guess they just want to check how fluent are you speaking English.

I strongly suggest to read the book at least twice. Questions were different than online practice tests and apps. There were questions like fill in the blanks and true or false. Sorry I can't discuss more about specific questions due to strict instructions from CIC.
I agree with you. test wasn't easy at all. I read the book 2 times and answered lot of questions online and scored full marks online but the actual test was different. I scored 19/20 because i was lucky. I wasn't sure about 4 or 5 questions. study the book very well otherwise you will sweating in the test room having doubts that you might not pass.

Interview was pretty easy but I saw ppl coming out from the officer's office unhappy. ( they might have failed the test or something else i don;t know). officers looks for all the stamps on the passport and asked for translation of the stamps which I already had with me.

My status changed to decision made on Oct 14th so please update sheet.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I agree with you. test wasn't easy at all. I read the book 2 times and answered lot of questions online and scored full marks online but the actual test was different. I scored 19/20 because i was lucky. I wasn't sure about 4 or 5 questions. study the book very well otherwise you will sweating in the test room having doubts that you might not pass.

Interview was pretty easy but I saw ppl coming out from the officer's office unhappy. ( they might have failed the test or something else i don;t know). officers looks for all the stamps on the passport and asked for translation of the stamps which I already had with me.

Thanks for this detailed response. Did he/she only check stamps on passport corresponding to dates you mentioned on residence calculator or all the stamps on your passport ?

Thank you

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017

Please reply to my last message also. I have another question. Do you think we need to remember important dates like when USA attacked Canada ? When King George III did this ? When Magna carta was signed etc etc ? I am asking this because there are lots of dates to remember and lots of events that happened ? Also Do we need to remember questions like capitals of provinces like What is capital of Manitoba ?

What borders Ontario and what does not border Norther territories ???

Any insight will be good ? Thank you

Last edited:

Harry)thak

May 30, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Are you living in Edmonton or nearby? sometimes people who are living in places far from Edmonton, they will make the test and oath at the same day. Anyway, Many congrats!
I did mine at lloydminister..........thats where I am from.