+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Thank you so much for sharing!
My exam is on the 30th same your location . Could you please share the websites that you found extremely helpful. I did lots of practice but I want to be prepared enough. Thanks again and good luck!!!!
www.onlinecitizenshiptest.ca
www.apnatoronto.com
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca
http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/canada_citizen_test/
http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/14

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
Hi All, I can see all Edmontonions got their Oath invitation letter except myself, I called CIC office Sydney the other day and they said all is ok you are in Que in Edmonton office, any time you will get your Oath invitation letter. Can we call local CIC office too as I cant find it. Fingers Crossed............

Best of Luck to all of us!!

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did exam today, 19/20.

I found a few of the exam sites to be extremely helpful. I barely read Discover Canada (reading things doesn't help me much, I'm more of an experience/hands-on learner than a book learner).. just did the tests enough times to where I'd have virtually all the questions that might be asked. So of the 20 questions I'd say like 12-15 were from the practice exams I did. A few were more common sense, and one question was a complete guess that I got wrong.I think I guessed on maybe 4 of them, and of those 4 one was wrong.

Just for those who are wondering how the citizenship exam process in Calgary went for me..

- Walked into Harry Hays front entrance (by corner of 4 ave and 1st st se, my appt was for 10am, I arrived 9:55am with my notebook of everything required (passport+copies of passport identity pages+PR cards+AB DL+physical presence evidence+COPR+invitation papers)
- Went up escalator in front of entrance
- Went toward back right, then hooked left, followed signs, hooked left again at table, right at first door on the right, waited for what seemed like typical clerks, but in actuality were citizenship judges (which I found out after seeing them again later).
- Had me walk to the left to testing room
- At least 25-40 people there. Spend like 20 mins waiting anxiously, had to find an open desk that had a desk I could use left handed -- not easy when room is full. Everyone was handed an answer sheet while waiting and filled out relevant info.
- Prepped for exam, room was told about consequences of cheating, told where emergency exit is and process if emergency comes up, and where to go when done, that we'd be talking to citizenship judges
- Handed question sheet
- Finished in 2-4 mins (was second to finish behind nice lady from Belgium)
- Went back the way I came, waited in hall, back to the windows I initially talked to what I thought were clerks, but were citizenship judges
- Asked who I was, shown documentation, given results of test
- Was asked about my trips to the US (since I visited the US like 5-10 times since 2011), asked about my work and school history, my current and future plans, and asked if I had any important dates in December when they plan on doing the ceremony/oath.. I actually do have some plans so I gave them the week I'd be gone so they could postpone my ceremony/oath date to the next time if it happens to fall on that date.

Will give update when I get date for ceremony/oath.

Would you mind elaborating on the physical presence evidence? what type of evidence did you provide? letters from employers? bills??

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Would you mind elaborating on the physical presence evidence? what type of evidence did you provide? letters from employers? bills??
List of all billed visits from every doctor/clinic/hospital to the province. Simplified list, not elaborate ones. Can get from province via records request. Had one for Ontario and Alberta, plus list from my local clinic w/letterhead and signed from my GP stating I've been a regular patient for X amount of time. Was especially useful given I have a number of visits to the aforementioned places.

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
List of all billed visits from every doctor/clinic/hospital to the province. Simplified list, not elaborate ones. Can get from province via records request. Had one for Ontario and Alberta, plus list from my local clinic w/letterhead and signed from my GP stating I've been a regular patient for X amount of time. Was especially useful given I have a number of visits to the aforementioned places.

Don't they consider driving license and Paystubs where we worked for company.

Harry)thak

May 30, 2017
Submitted application for passport..................!!!! Hopefully will get it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.............best of luck to others who are still waiting for their test invites and oath........!!!

Reactions: EbiAbdi

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Don't they consider driving license and Paystubs where we worked for company.
They might, but I wanted/needed the billing list I got anyways. Didn't need to waste the time (a few extra minutes, but precious minutes! ;)) printing off ROE's and stubs. Keep in mind that every situation is different, as each of our experience once we became PR is different. When I met with the citizenship judge they never even asked to see the documentation to prove physical presence that I brought. The lady was nice and seemed pretty clearly satisfied.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hey guys! Mississauga office here! Had my test yesterday afternoon. Not many people there..I would say about 10-14 and 2 seniors. Test was easy for me since I did read the book atleast 4 times (2 times just for fun :p and 2 times really seriously) and had done A LOT of online practice tests..everything really helped! Got 20/20 :D

Was the 2nd to submit my test and was the 1st to be interviewed so I was actually done in an hour and a half! I hadn't left Canada in 4 years so my interview was quite straightforward..my interviewer was really sweet, she quickly checked the one passport stamp she needed to and all my IDs. Asked where I worked and my position there and did not ask for any other documents!

I was happily surprised when she asked me if I was free on Nov 9th 9AM for the Oath..I was like YES! Haha..she gave me the oath letter then and there :D So yay..I'll be having my oath soon enough!

Good luck to you guys as well! I hope it's as smooth a process for you all as it was for me in the end! :D

SAZ-CAN

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Request
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Nov 2012 ---- PP Received on 8th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
06 April 2013
Hey guys! Mississauga office here! Had my test yesterday afternoon. Not many people there..I would say about 10-14 and 2 seniors. Test was easy for me since I did read the book atleast 4 times (2 times just for fun :p and 2 times really seriously) and had done A LOT of online practice tests..everything really helped! Got 20/20 :D

Was the 2nd to submit my test and was the 1st to be interviewed so I was actually done in an hour and a half! I hadn't left Canada in 4 years so my interview was quite straightforward..my interviewer was really sweet, she quickly checked the one passport stamp she needed to and all my IDs. Asked where I worked and my position there and did not ask for any other documents!

I was happily surprised when she asked me if I was free on Nov 9th 9AM for the Oath..I was like YES! Haha..she gave me the oath letter then and there :D So yay..I'll be having my oath soon enough!

Good luck to you guys as well! I hope it's as smooth a process for you all as it was for me in the end! :D

Congrats. BTW did you ask Mississauga Office, why they r so slow :)