+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi friends
I got a good question . My application is in process now and have a situation and I have to move out my current address and going to live with family in the same city . So my question is that going to affect on my processing in any way . Please advice . Appreciate that .
I don't think that will affect the processing in any way,,just make sure you update your address online.

punter

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
Hello,
Firstly, thank you to everyone for keeping us posted and providing each other such awesome support during this crucial process.
I have been watching the forum for the past few days and I can now share some good news. I received AOR this morning. Please add to the spreadsheet.
Thank you.

Application Sent: May 17
Application Recvd: May 19
AOR: June 27
Applicants: Family (2)
Days: 1597

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hello,
Firstly, thank you to everyone for keeping us posted and providing each other such awesome support during this crucial process.
I have been watching the forum for the past few days and I can now share some good news. I received AOR this morning. Please add to the spreadsheet.
Thank you.

Application Sent: May 17
Application Recvd: May 19
AOR: June 27
Applicants: Family (2)
Days: 1597
Awesome! I added you in the sheet :)

Reactions: Ghost13 and punter

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
Hello,

Kindly update the spreadsheet.
In Process: June 26
Physical presence in Canada : 2200+

Thanks

hometoronto

May 23, 2017
Hello,

I just received the AOR - June 27th, 2017

Please update the sheet and I haven't written N/A anywhere on the application.

HS123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
  1. Has anyone submitted the citizenship application with the degree and transcripts from India as language proof and got accepted without providing the English training certificates?

I have the B-Tech degree from India , although the medium of education was English and the degree/transcripts are in English but the documents doesn't explicitly say that the instruction of language was English . What should be done in this scenario ?

I have read some threads which says there application was accepted even though the documents (degree/transcripts) did not had the specific wording that the education was completed in English while some other people are saying that there application was returned by cic saying proof of language is not sufficient . It is a bit confusing . Can someone please tell me if they are in same situation and what they did ?

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017
  1. Has anyone submitted the citizenship application with the degree and transcripts from India as language proof and got accepted without providing the English training certificates?

I have the B-Tech degree from India , although the medium of education was English and the degree/transcripts are in English but the documents doesn't explicitly say that the instruction of language was English . What should be done in this scenario ?

I have read some threads which says there application was accepted even though the documents (degree/transcripts) did not had the specific wording that the education was completed in English while some other people are saying that there application was returned by cic saying proof of language is not sufficient . It is a bit confusing . Can someone please tell me if they are in same situation and what they did ?
Did you check the Transfer Certificate (TC), sometimes they mention the language of instruction

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga

I did a course here so I submitted that degree and transcript but I also sent my Indian degrees with the transcripts. I had done a WES evaluation of those certificates, so I sent a copy of that too. That's not a proof of English..it's an equivalency proof but I just thought that that should count in some way coming from a Canadian agency. That's what I plan to do for my mom too..She has Indian degrees and WES certificate for them based on which she got her PR..I'm hoping that it'll work for her citizenship too.

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017
I did a course here so I submitted that degree and transcript but I also sent my Indian degrees with the transcripts. I had done a WES evaluation of those certificates, so I sent a copy of that too. That's not a proof of English..it's an equivalency proof but I just thought that that should count in some way coming from a Canadian agency. That's what I plan to do for my mom too..She has Indian degrees and WES certificate for them based on which she got her PR..I'm hoping that it'll work for her citizenship too.
If you have a degree from here that suffices. I did not send in any indian transcripts when i applied.. I was a PhD student then, so I just sent my course transcript at that time. Now, for my wife's application we sent in her master's degree from here.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
I can still see some May 1st and 3rd applicants on the list without AOR or any status update. Just wondering if they are not updating it or they haven't received any notification so far?