+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

uhnjoe

May 15, 2017
Hello everybody, I have a quick question. On the Citizenship Study Guide booklet we received, it says
"Adult applicants 55 years of age
and over do not need to write the citizenship test."
But online, it says "You must take the citizenship test if you’re between the ages of 14 and 64 when you apply for citizenship."
My dad is 57 years old, is he required to take the citizenship test? He applied May 8, 2017. No AOR yet but we would like to start reviewing for it. Thanks

JasFer

Mar 6, 2017
Need some help...

While applying for citizenship it says I need a Police Certificate if I've been in any other country for more than 180 days. Can someone please tell me how recent the certificate should be? I will be applying in October this year. Thank you!

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hello everybody, I have a quick question. On the Citizenship Study Guide booklet we received, it says
"Adult applicants 55 years of age
and over do not need to write the citizenship test."
But online, it says "You must take the citizenship test if you’re between the ages of 14 and 64 when you apply for citizenship."
My dad is 57 years old, is he required to take the citizenship test? He applied May 8, 2017. No AOR yet but we would like to start reviewing for it. Thanks
The booklet was never updated to the new rule I think and that's why it says that but currently the rule is the one you saw online. C-6 which brings back the old rule for age is yet to be implemented (fall/autumn) and since the application is in process for your dad, he should study for the test. So far we do not know if any rules under C-6 would cover us when it's implemented or not..

Reactions: uhnjoe

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Need some help...

While applying for citizenship it says I need a Police Certificate if I've been in any other country for more than 180 days. Can someone please tell me how recent the certificate should be? I will be applying in October this year. Thank you!
It's not specified anywhere actually but I think as far as you don't make another visit to that country within 4-6 months it should be good (Closer to your application date, the better frankly)
Also..check with your embassy..plan getting it according to their processing time. I only went to my embassy 1 month before, and got it in 2 weeks.

uhnjoe

May 15, 2017
The booklet was never updated to the new rule I think and that's why it says that but currently the rule is the one you saw online. C-6 which brings back the old rule for age is yet to be implemented (fall/autumn) and since the application is in process for your dad, he should study for the test. So far we do not know if any rules under C-6 would cover us when it's implemented or not..
Thanks for the clarification! I'll have him start studying for the test.

Warka

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
I saw someone in June post saying they already got confirmation
And IRCC is saying that they are processing those recieved on and before 17 May and th rest hasn't been opened yet.
Question: if they haven't opened those recieved after 17 may. How did they see and sent a AOR for someone whose case was recieved 5 june hahaha they must be kidding.

Reactions: nonoo

MelesiaCoke30

Jun 19, 2017
And IRCC is saying that they are processing those recieved on and before 17 May and th rest hasn't been opened yet.
Question: if they haven't opened those recieved after 17 may. How did they see and sent a AOR for someone whose case was recieved 5 june hahaha they must be kidding.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hey guys..
Another question! My mom landed as an immigrant in 2010, stayed only for a month and went back to our country. She came back in 2011 to finally stay in Canada. I'm wondering that in the application for question 6A and B, do the dates be the same (landing date) or 6B has to the date when she finally came to stay in Canada?
Thanks!